Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft3 ish

Default All this crap food at work!

Is driving me crazy and I'm a bit angry. Yes I know not everyone is changing their lifestyle habits but twice a week loads of junk food is brought in. I keep plenty of fruit with me at work or " allowable" snacks to munch on instead, but come on!!! Cookies cake chocolate desserts doughnuts, etc. please help me stay on track. I'm doing so well! I cannot have one piece of anything because if I do then I want / eat 2,3,4 and so on. Im almost at the " under 200 lbs" mark but I'm finding it hard to resist
cheddahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:03 AM   #2  
patpatpatpatpat

S/C/G: S: 89kg -- C: 78,8kg -- G 49kg

Height: 145 cm

Can you stay away from it or make sure you dont have to see it all the time?
PatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:09 AM   #3  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

This is when a planned menu is handy. If it is not on your plan for the day, choose not to eat it. You have got to want to lose the weight more than you want to eat the high sugar/fat foods.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:20 AM   #4  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

I am sure you noticed all that food is loaded with chemicals, preservatives and rat poison.

It taste stale, dry, nasty.

You would throw up immediately.

Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity100 View Post
This is when a planned menu is handy. If it is not on your plan for the day, choose not to eat it. You have got to want to lose the weight more than you want to eat the high sugar/fat foods.
Yep. My work day is ALWAYS planned before it starts. I pack two snacks (one of fruit, one of veggies with dip) and my 150-200 calorie meal from my arsenal of freezer lunches. Other items that are around me during the day aren't on my plan, so I don't eat them - they're not mine.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:25 AM   #6  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

That would be killer for me But you can do it! Try to stay far away from whatever area/room it is in if possible- out of sight out of mind hopefully. Also keeping yourself super busy at work might mean you don't have any boredom chances to wonder over.

moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 85/85/55

Height: 170

Oh i understand you so well!! people around me (at home, at work) always eat that junk food! it's so hard to resist it! but i always try to think how hard and long it was for me to change my eating habbits, change the number on scales....think about how many weight you lost. it should help you to stay on a track!!
Gingerjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:43 PM   #8  

Yup I do know all those things. Sometimes I just need a "push" I stayed crap food free today. Came home to eclairs in fridge. Ignored !
Old 07-18-2014, 03:52 PM   #9  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I was totally that jerk who brought in the bad food today LOL!!! My neighbor gave us a bunch of bagels and muffins that I didn't want so I brought them to work. But I know that my coworkers eat them...Sigh. I try to only bring the healthier stuff but I didn't want it in my house!

Good for you for ignoring it today! It's a lot easier when it isn't right in front of you, hopefully you don't have to stare at the goodies all day. I definitely agree that having a plan (especially a lunch already packed) helps, too.

And usually that crap is no where near as tasty as we expect it to be :P

Last edited by nonameslob; 07-18-2014 at 03:52 PM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:25 PM   #10  
Warrior Princess

That was my last job. ANY excuse to bring in literally a table full of food and desserts. Every birthday, holiday, blue sky...whatever. We had to "bring a dish" for XYZ, and if you didn't participate in these food events or work outings you were outside the circle of trust and co-workers took it to management that you're not a team player. God, I loathed that place.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:35 PM   #11  

That sounds awful novangel!!! I've done well with it today and fortunately it was all eaten so working tomorrow will be easier. And unfortunately, there was food in 3 out of 5 rooms. I work as a vet nurse and there are 5 wards I float in during the day. Tried to put my blinders on.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

Try and bring work food that you're excited about, even if that means you eat more at lunch/ during the day and less for dinner.

I find it so much easier to ignore bad food if i'm excited about the food I brought AND i know its on plan. Dont just resort to bringing that frost-bitten freezer meal.. as hard as it is some times.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I can relate to this feeling a lot in my past. There was so much turmoil inside of me at the sight of forbidden food. I hated the skinny people who were eating, I hated them for trying to tempt me with it, I hated having to deal with cravings and temptation. I hated the world but mostly myself for being so vulnerable to temptation and for not being able to control the voices inside my head that urged me to eat it. But abstaining didnt work either. Because I could abstain easily and feel really good about myself and then 2 days later I'd be binging on it. Terrible vicious cycle of darned if you do darned I'd you don't. My choices were either eat it now and feel guilty later, or don't eat it now and binge later.

It's not possible to control other people and the food that they surround us with. But it is possible to remain neutral around food. By building a neutral relationship with food you can easily abstain and/or partake without the self hatred that goes along. I can't speak for others but for me, I'm visiting my parents for a few weeks and their house is stocked with cake, cookies, candy, chocolate etc. Stocked!!! And in fine with it, zero interest in it. This is not something I was capable of ever before (hence my excess weight) but itana piece of cake now. Literally.

Last edited by Palestrina; 07-19-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:18 AM   #14  
looser

S/C/G: 185/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

remember to BE ACCOUNTABLE with every single decisions. Every time you feel temptations say in your mind that you cant have any of that because you want to be accountable for your choices.

And second thing - this is what i tell my gymnast girl. That when you are so close to give up say to yourself "Champions never quit".

Right down on the paper those things and if you work at the desk then place it next to your computer. If your job is not a desk job, carry it in your pocket Something you can read again and again.

Last edited by unwanted37lbs; 07-19-2014 at 09:19 AM.
unwanted37lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:54 AM   #15  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

I feel your pain. I just changed jobs, but worked at a job for six years where the people there were total foodies. Food everywhere. I just kept practicing sticking to my plan, brought my own snacks, and kept going. Not that I was perfect, but I have realized no one is and you can still be successful. I have lost 75 pounds so far working in that type of environment every day. It definitely can be done.

And I want to let you know that over time, it gets easier to say no, or just ignore the food. Much easier. So hang in there. I wish my co-workers did not eat junk all day long, but that is life. Good luck. You can do it!
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote