Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-13-2014, 05:26 AM   #16  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

I want my legs to be good enough to wear short dresses again. My knees and thighs tend towards fatness, even in my healthy weight range. Above the knee dresses do not look good. But i've been sewing some nice shift dresses and above the knee is the only length that i can wear this style.

But to be honest, i don't think a great deal about this. As i've got older i worry less about my imperfections. I'm 50 now.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:07 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

- I'm another who wants to weigh less than hubby.

- Although I'm amongst the shortest of my friends when we are all sitting down I seem taller... because I have to sit on a lot of derriere fat lol which props me up. I hate that!

- I want to tuck in my blouse one day, I want it to be an option!

- I want to wear a pair of pants above the knee... I think they call them shorts? Haven't worn those since 1985.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
I want to wear a pair of pants above the knee... I think they call them shorts? Haven't worn those since 1985.
I recall feeling VERY uncomfortable in shorts when I was 7 years old and went to see an optometrist for the first time. I kept thinking that he was going to say I was too fat for the shorts, and I didn't wear them much after that and completely stopped around age 10.

Seeing my daughter's body confidence makes me incredibly happy. She wants all shorts all the time.

My strange goal is to put on a tee shirt and feel good about it. I always said I wasn't made for tee shirts, but my boyfriend dragged me to the store last summer and I bought three. I'm not wearing them now, but I did wear at least two a few times last summer.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:40 AM   #19  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Strange or random goals. I don't know... Right now I am so focused on getting under 200 that I can't really think much past that. I guess that in itself is a weird goal. 200 pounds isn't any different really than 199, but getting UNDER 200 is a huge psychological thing for me. Each and every time I have crossed over it, I have felt huge despair. And each and every time I went under it I felt so much less fat.

It helps tremendously that I don't LOOK huge at 199 due to my large frame, but this has nothing to do with looks. It's everything with the psychological hold that number has for me.

Going over it this last time, I think, was a huge part of my complete undoing. Because as stupid as it is, 200 or 250 might as well be the same thing in my distorted head- FAT -with no care at all to the degrees of fatness.

Who said even us rational, level headed types are always rational?
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:51 AM   #20  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I want to be comfortable wearing a shirt without having another shirt underneath. I almost always wear two layers. It's insane. Even in the heat...because it "flattens things out"?? I don't even know why I do it anymore but it's the only way I feel confident in how I look. In fact I'm doing it right now. I usually go with a tight layer underneath. Sigh.

I'd also like to be comfortable in a dress without a layer underneath. I usually wear slip shorts (my favorite discovery) or pantyhose. I would love to throw on a summer dress and not need that extra layer.

bbb - that was (and still is) me! I was so obsessed with getting under 200. Now I'm obsessed with the scale staying under 200 at all times - fully dressed, after a big meal, etc. It really is a head game. I can't wait to get past that, to not even be close to that number. I can't imagine what it's like as I've never been that far from it as an adult.

Last edited by nonameslob; 06-13-2014 at 10:52 AM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:31 PM   #21  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I don't find a lot of these responses that strange We have to keep ourselves so persistently focused to succeed.

My honest goal: Two piece bathing suit. I don't have to look like a supermodel - all kinds of women and bodies have the guts to wear a bikini these days. I want to drop a bit and have a little more CONFIDENCE in my body

Weird goal: Nude beach is on my Bucket List. Probably very far away where no one will recognise me
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:39 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
I want to be comfortable wearing a shirt without having another shirt underneath. I almost always wear two layers. It's insane. Even in the heat...because it "flattens things out"?? I don't even know why I do it anymore but it's the only way I feel confident in how I look. In fact I'm doing it right now. I usually go with a tight layer underneath. Sigh.
OMG, me too - I always wear a tight cami under my shirts.

Do the slip shorts push your fat out on your legs, creating a bulge? I have that problem with shapers, so I can't wear them.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #23  
Melissa

No... slip skirts are for chafing. I have one too. They are exactly like a slip, just shorts - loose and silky.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #24  
Call me NNS!

Munchy, no they don't! I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend them. They don't give you any "tummy control" or anything like that, but I do find they create smooth lines and keep my thighs from chafing. Jockey Slip Shorts - they come in short and long lengths and are only $20...nice soft silky material (these particular ones are not loose like BBB said)

I have been known to wear a tight tank top under a dress and tuck it into my slip shorts. Sigh.

Last edited by nonameslob; 06-13-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #25  
Melissa

Here's a photo of one: http://wintersilks.blair.com/p/9145....L4tmBqxVvD_BwE
Old 06-13-2014, 12:47 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 210-225ish/186.9/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I want to be comfortable wearing a shirt without having another shirt underneath. I almost always wear two layers. It's insane. Even in the heat...because it "flattens things out"?? I don't even know why I do it anymore but it's the only way I feel confident in how I look. In fact I'm doing it right now. I usually go with a tight layer underneath.
I do that too! I think its because I don't like shirts touching or clinging to my body. As if that extra layer is fooling anybody! I also worry about my top layer slipping up and showing my love handle area in the back when I sit down.

berry- Totally agree, I have this mental roadblock, as soon as I hit 200 that was horrifying to me, even though I was in the 190s for a looong time. As soon as I saw 200 on the scale I was officially, in my mind, no longer chubby or chunky, but fat. Logically I know, on my short and small frame, that I had been fat for a long time before that. But for some reason I guess I thought it wasn't that bad until I got to 200. After I hit 210 I stopped weighing myself for almost a year, so I have no idea how much I gained, but it was at least 10-15 lbs because none of my clothes fit. Its crazy the mind games a stinking number can play with you!
KayMayWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #27  
Call me NNS!

bbb - I guess I think of those more like bloomers! Those work, too. I like the Jockey ones, personally, but that sounds like another great option.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:03 PM   #28  
Melissa

Quote:
bbb - I guess I think of those more like bloomers! Those work, too. I like the Jockey ones, personally, but that sounds like another great option.
I have some of those too but i find they do create a bit of a bulge around my middle unless i wear them high, like on my rib cage.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:07 PM   #29  

I don't think the bloomer slip short would work with my summer dresses. The ones that I have are more like

or shorter versions of the same material. Having just thinly stretched t-shirt material over my butt with a thong (no VPL) makes me uncomfortable walking out in public. I need just a little bit of jiggle support. I'll try them on and have successfully worn a dress for a 10 minute drive, but I'd like to maybe try the jockey slip shorts to see if they help so I can actually go out in public - it just feels so inappropriate!

Last edited by Munchy; 06-13-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:38 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 163/142/130

ok dont laugh because what I see in my mind is this lady wanting to surprise her husband with pole dancing, je grabs the pole do a spin and whole thing collapse.

I want to give it a try but without the pole rippjng from the ceiling lol.
Michou is offline   Reply With Quote