Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 05:03 PM   #16  

Day Three: Brian still pursues Lori still ignores

Today's a busy one--I've been cleaning the house, doing laundry, and of course, the cat brats' box had to be done Yeah, I know, Ms. Excitement here......

I have become hopelessly addicted to this Crystal Light raspberry lemonade (which is sugar free and five tiny calories, by the way); it is quite tasty and hits the spot. Last night at karaoke, my options were pretty much seltzer with lemon or Diet Pepsi. Oh well. At least I stood on track. And had a blast to boot.

I think tonight I'll stay home and LMAO while imagining Brian suffering and wondering why I am not returning his calls and emails. ain't I awful? Outside of that, I need to walk up to the store later for a few things.
Old 07-19-2003, 05:26 PM   #17  

Oh Jen, I was laughing AND horrified at your hospital experience. That place should be reported to someone!!!! I mean what if you weren't conscious? Old? or a child.

The closest hospital to me is in a very small town but they are very efficient.

All you can do is be thankful you are on the mend and on your way to a hot bod!!
Old 07-19-2003, 06:11 PM   #18  

Glad to know that you're out of that "HOLE", Jenn. Geez. Suprised the doc uses that hospital if it's so bad. Sad. But at least you're out!

Deb
Old 07-19-2003, 06:14 PM   #19  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi guys... I am still working hard on my new home.
Wish I had time to post more... but so much to do at this point.
Painting, carpet, packing ... the list goes on and on.
Hope to see you all more next week.
I am not stressing at all. Just to busy to have time to. LOL
Moving is a LOT OF HARD WORK !!!!

Jen... I am so happy you survived that hospital stay !!!
That sounds like typical care anymore.... isn't that sad.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:00 PM   #20  
You and Me in 2003

I was at chat but no one was there I was tired so I left
Catch you all later
Old 07-19-2003, 09:47 PM   #21  

Hey girls,

I just checked out chat, I know.....I'm late. We were at a cookout super thing for the inlaws for their 35th anniversary. Everyone must be busy this sat. night.

So....lets see if I can do replies to all that have posted on the thread this time....here we go.

Mary: Sorry I missed you in chat. We seem to be missing each other a lot lately. Hope all is going well with the library and all the other stuff you do in a days time.

2Cute: hope you get all your painting, carpeting, moving and all done. Hope it's not to hot either. Hate moving in the heat!!

Deb: Hi there....

Lucky: Nice seeing you hanging out too.

Lori: Sounds like your burning both ends of your candles.....be careful not to get burned.

Jehari: wow, what an experience. It will be nice for you to get home then. Glad all went wel with the surgery for the most part.

Terri: Nothing to spectacular. I got one tons better than what I was running though. it has xp and it moves much much faster. Now, I am just getting used to all the little tricks it does.

JO Anne; Hope you got the glucose under
control. My thoughts are with you. And I too think you look really young.

Just me: Hope you are having a wonderful day.

There I have replied to everyone since my last post.

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful fun filled night....Hugs to you all

Sandy
Old 07-20-2003, 12:08 AM   #22  
Dancing those pounds away

Good evening everyone. It is almost 11pm here and we just got home. Stripping the old wallpaper did not go well. It was like they used "SUPER GLUE" instead wallpaper paste. Took the entire day and night to get paper off of only the kitchen and master bath. Tomorrow will begin the painting. I am really scared of my color choice for the living room. I may be painting it again before I am done.

My food is still okay... no overeating... but no veggies either.
I am getting lots of exercise though. Hopefully that will off set my poorer food choices. (KFC, Sandwiches, Pizza) BUT... I am staying away from all the chips and ding dongs everyone else is eating.

Okay... I have got to go. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 07-20-2003 at 01:38 AM.
Old 07-20-2003, 01:45 AM   #23  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Here to report 6 days OP! The last couple have been a bit harder. I would almost consider hurting someone for a slice of good bread.
DH made pasta for everyone yesterday instead of cooking what I was having for the entire family. I decided to sulk a bit instead of handling it like an adult. We talked later, and I was surprised to see how little he understands my resolve to do this 6 week challenge perfectly. The book said to not cheat, and I'm not cheating. I guess he figured I would ditch it in favor of sharing a bowl of pasta or ice cream with him. I thought he would be stoked that I was doing this because it means eating sososo much more meat than I would ever consider otherwise. I'm not much or a carnivore, so this has been a treat for him.
My dad and I have taken up going for a walk every other night. It has been so nice to have a chance to chat and catch up with him on everything. Normally he is going a zillion miles an hour every other direction than mine. And to be doing something good for us at the same time makes it even better.

I don't have proper time for replies right now, but Terri had asked about walking in Birks. My max walking was 4 miles a day before hurting my knee. With that amount, I was having the heel taps redone about once every 4 months at $12 a shot. Before the Birks, I was doing a new pair of walking shoes every two months with an average of 1 mile a day. And it sounds like we have similar foot problems, heel spurs, flat feet and plantar fascitis (sp?). They aren't a perfect solution for everyone, but they made a huge difference for me. You know, I should probably be getting paid for that kind of an advert!

The journal for this plan asks you to write down one nice thing you have done for yourself each day. I set mine as going to bed before midnight tonight. I'll try to get proper replies done tomorrow.

Andria
Old 07-20-2003, 07:12 AM   #24  

Good Morning Friends!

Andria.....6 days on program!!! THAT IS FABULOUS!!

No exercise for me today, I try and take a break on Sundays... I did manage to sneak in a little more activity last night..I went walking around sundown at a local fitness park, it was cooler ad quite lovely, walked about 10-15 mins I would say...There are two tracks there and I walked the inner one, not sure of the distance, but, it felt good. Something has come over me!! I want to exercise!!! and move!! Guess it was toooooo long without activity!! My big butt is moving on now!, and getting smaller! yipppeee! I have noticed some overall changes, small ones, but, nonetheless changes!

2cute: Congrats on all the work you have done on the house so far, remember to try and rest though, don't want to exhaust yourself! Counting the days till Spring...cant wait to get there!

well....it is back to the old salt mines ladies, have to be at work at 7a, so guess I better get moving! I will ck in with you this afternoon around 3 ish!

sw 356/June 5ht/348.8 June 24th
cw 346--next weigh in this coming Thursday!!
first goal: lose 10 more lbs by August 31st
next goal: lose 50 lbs
final goal: 130 ONE DAY AT A TIME!! I AM GOING TO GET THERE!
Old 07-20-2003, 10:22 AM   #25  

Happy Sunday Ladies. I checked chat out last night at 8:30, but no one was there? So me and Tom (boyfriend) ended up playing Scrabble. We are such an exiting couple, Saturday night Scrabble. I feel like I'm getting so old and I'm only 27, I don't know what ever happened to my clubbing days. Oh, well.

Yesterday was a good day, I got a lot of stuff done. Went to the track with Tom and walked a 16 minute mile (yuck, slow). Then I clocked him running. We were planning on going to the pool but there was some stupid party going on and there were too many kiddies. They annoy me so we stayed home and cleaned. So glamorous, I know.

Today is "me" day. I am planning on basking in the sun and working on my tan, then doing my weight training. After shower it's manicure and pedicure.

And now, Replies...

Pjk,
Congratulations on the new attitude! I know it is a great feeling once we committ to doing something healthy for ourselves, I'm so happy that you are seeing results. It looks like you've discovered the importance of finding something to do that is fun. It makes all the difference doesn't it? Keep up the good work!

Andria,
Stay strong Honey! You can do this, just wait until Hubby sees the difference in you, he'll be wishing he stuck to it as well. Congrats on finding a walking buddy.

2cute,
Just think about all the calories you're burning doing all that painting and stuff. I know you have to be exhausted. Don't be afraid of color, take a chance!

Sandy & Grannie
We must have missed each other last night at chat, better luck next time?

Lori,
You're love life is very entertaining. I can't say that I miss the drama myself. And your pic is beautiful! No wonder you have no trouble snagging the men! (even the gay ones are noticing you)

Jen,
I don't believe we've ever met, but I am glad to hear your hospital horror has come to an end. Aside from that you really sound like you are doing great! Congratulations on the 25 pounds. You're on your way to a new person!

Determined,
I'm glad that I inspired you, but I never did get to do my second workout. Unless you count cleaning?

Jo Anne,
I hope you are feeling better. Take care of yourself chickie!

That's all for me, I'm off to get on with my day. See you all tomorrow!
Old 07-20-2003, 03:12 PM   #26  

Happy Sunday to all!

Wow, Andria, 6 days? YOU GO WITH YOUR BAD SELF! Keep up the great work!

2Cute: Yes, it is scary how we think alike and tend to post at the same time sometimes, isn't it? Congrats on your new adobe. Enjoy.

Natalie: Nothing like a "me" day to refresh and pamper ourselves. I had a "me" night last night, though I think I scared my cat brat Noah under the couch with my purple Mary Kay facial mask Thanks for the compliment on the pic. My friend Siobhan teases me about being a "man magnet" all the time.

Jen: Glad the hospital horror has ended. Yikes I stay away from those places unless I am absolutely near death!

Joanne: Take care of yourself and have handsome hubby give you some TLC too Feel better.

Peek: Burning candles at both ends? ME??? Well, I am calming down, but Brian is still on "punishment" at least a couple more days.

Isn't Tina suppossed to be back sometime today?

Man, I need to keep my butt off eBay. I've bid on a couple of things and won....I keep that crap up, I could get addicted Better to find something else more constructive to do....like read Joke of the Day or something.
Old 07-20-2003, 04:35 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon!

Andria - Thanks for the info on the birkies. I'll probably check into them and see if they are in the budget. Good going for having 6 great days!

I worked myself out my funk yesterday afternoon. I did my VideoCycle tape again and this time I did two segments for a total of 40 minutes. Woohoo! I just finished 30 minutes this afternoon.

Tomorrow, DH and I are headed to the lake for a day of boating and swimming. It will be our first for the year.

I need to go find our lake stuff and get ready for tomorrow.

Have a great evening!
Old 07-20-2003, 04:50 PM   #28  

Afternoon Chicklets!

Terri congrats!! for having 6 good on program days!

Natalie, hope you are enjoying your ME day....have fun! hopefully my "me" day will be Tuesday..one more wrk day then off Tuesday and Wednesday..last wk didnt even get two consecutive days..I am but I can hold out till then! ENJOY!!

2 cute: Have you passed out from inhaling all those paint fumes yet

Amanda, Missy, Sandy, Mary, Lori, Deb, and all the rest of you chicks....have a great afternoon! and stay
Old 07-20-2003, 05:50 PM   #29  

Height: 5'7"

Wink

STOP!!!
Do not post here. Come join us at
300+ And Ready to Try Again #374
Closed Thread