Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 05:31 PM   #1  

Angry Steel Magnolias -- #340

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
I like the new "chicks!" I thought maybe we would have some different smilies but I didn't see any. It's 87 degrees, very humid outside, and there is a tornado watch until 10:00 tonight.

I went for my yearly mammogram this morning; the hospital just got a new super-duper machine and it's the only one of it's kind in the state. I don't know, maybe I got some inexperienced tech. but I felt more squished this time than I ever have. I wouldn't be surprised if I turn black and blue! Oh well, if she got the pictures right, that's what counts. Also went to get a wedding gift, for the second time, and it still isn't available. GRRRRRR! Two weeks ago, the items were supposed to be on their way to the store . . . guess they got lost somewhere along the way.

Maggie -- The humidity has returned to my corner of the world today. I'm just thankful for air conditioning! You mentioned riding with the top down at night . . . don't you have any bugs where you live? Thanks for the food web site; I'm going to check it out as soon as I am done here.

"Gma" -- After your DH fell into the "muck," aren't you nervous about him going to work? I can't remember if that happened on a weekend or not. CRS has set in again/yet! Good luck with the resumes! You would think that employees who are beyond the maternity leave - small child care would be more in demand.

I need to fold a load of towels and throw in another load. I'm hoping it doesn't rain so my basement can dry up!

Have a nice "rest of the day!"

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 07-15-2003, 09:26 AM   #2  

Good morning ladies!

Jean: I am a terrible nervous Nelly about dh in all ways. I have always been that way with my family. If they are supposed to be home at 4 and at 4:15 they aren't home, I start worrying what happened to them. So yes, the thought of dh going into that water again gives me the hibby gibbies but I know he is careful and that is all I can do. He came home the other day and said he needed to throw his socks out. I panicked thinking he went in again, but there had been water in the boat and sloshed up on his socks and they were nasty.

Everyone must be busy this am. I am about ready to start cleaning the upstairs and get over into the pool.

I have lost another 3 lbs, woohoo so am making up the lbs I gained at the wedding and over the 4th. I am going to break 300 by hook or by crook!

Hope everyone has a nice sunny day!

Faye
Old 07-15-2003, 10:33 AM   #3  

Good Morning, Flowers!
I'm off to get a tiny little trim as my beautician is going on vacation for the next two weeks when I would normally be going. I have spent the summer without a perm and I like it! I'm afraid when the humidity disappears I will be flat rather than fluffly! I went to put the "sheep" in and he is GONE! And so is the little pig but there are some new smilies so take a look.

"Gma" -- I am going to work on some more piles after I go price a new refrigerator, after my hair trim. We (I) wanted to replace ours when we remodeled 7 years ago but the one we have was/is working fine. I want one with the freezer on the bottom and have for years. Every time we've bought appliances the salesman always talked me out of one. Now they are back in "style" along with the aqua, gold, green, black rounded edged models from the '50s! I just got rid of my acqua bathroom and now that color is coming back! Oh well, DH always says "white is right" no matter what.

I need to get dressed and be on my way. Have a terrific Tuesday, Flowers!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 07-15-2003, 02:42 PM   #4  
Thin Within

Talking Tuesday Morning

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

I am tenatious that is a fact. I won't say how many tries this is for me to post and I don't really have anything earth shattering to say. I did put to bed an 18 point day yesterday which tells me that I am BACK OP and there to stay. I figured out whan the freeze came is when I clicked on "get more" smiles. I will just have to type in their addreses I guess until that glitch is taken care of.

FAYE a big CONGRATULATIONS on that 3 pound loss. You are back for sure ~ you go girl.

JEAN isn't it nice to no longer be a member of the fried hair club! The little is still there. I would be so sad if he was gone. Nope we don't have bugs here that bother us. I have not seen one mosquito yet this year either.

Have a wonderful day ladies. We are going to firends for dinner and I don't have a clue this day what they will be serving but I am saving points for the meal.

Last edited by Maggie; 07-15-2003 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:00 PM   #5  
Web Nana

Thumbs down

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

I like the new look of 3FC, very light and airy.

Went to Bedford Air Base, shopping this AM and then we drove on to DD#3 for a visit. Haven't seen the kids since Mother's Day and wow, have they grown. Stephie, 3, has the curliest, reddest hair and is quite the actress. Gave her a little shirt we had for her and she put her hand on her chest and with the sweetest look said, "For me?" I just melted. Ryan, 6 1/2, is almost as tall as Kevin, 9. They look sooo much alike....both blonds with their summer crew cuts. Had a great time. Then it was time to head home and put the groceries away. That being done I had to take a break with a tall mug of ice water....and my 3FC friends.

JEAN I think I agree with your hubby, white is nice and can be jazzed up with colored accessories. Got rid of my harvest gold kitchen appliances about 10 yrs ago and got Almond...not white but close.

FAYE Another loss! Congrats!! I know you will make your goal and more besides. Don't do too much cleaning, your putting me to shame. I really must get a move on but I have just kept the house neat, tidy and dusted. Deep cleaning will have to wait.

MAGGIE Your persistance won out and your post came through beautifully. It must be nice to take a early evening ride with the top down. I think that is one of the nicest times of the day. Early morning is another favorite time for me....but I am a morning person any way.

Gloria in MA......Getting ready to make reservations for the Minneapolis trip the end of July-beginning of August. Looking forward to see how the other half lives and also seeing the Mall of America.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:34 PM   #6  

Angry

I now see that the sheep and the pig are still there! Guess I was just in too big of a hurry this morning!

Maggie -- Glad to see you finally got in here! I wonder why you were having problems? Your persistence paid off!
Dinner "out" sounds wonderful!

Gloria -- Aren't grandkids just the best? I missed seeing our grandson this past weekend so hope to see him this coming weekend. He's on the move walking with someone holding on to him and around furniture so I expect he will take off on his own one of these days. I think I've had all of the appliance colors in the last 35 years and am going back to white again. We had coppertone and stainless steel in two places that we rented and you couldn't give me either one again . . . shows every speck of dust and fingerprints. We bought the avacado, gold, and almond (what I have now) in different houses that we owned and let them go with the houses when we moved. I think I am going to have to have the cupboard above "fixed" as all of the door hinges seem higher than the one I have now. We didn't plan very far ahead when we put in the refrigerator hole, that's for sure.

"Gma" -- I forgot to congratulate on your 3# loss! That is a super loss!

I wonder if Bubbles is having trouble getting in here?

Have a great "rest" of the day!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 07-16-2003, 07:28 AM   #7  

Jean: I need a new fridge terribly, but it is gonna have to wait until I get a job! It is the nasty harvest gold and the freezer door handle has stripped out screws and the holes are now a mess to so the handle jiggles all the time and drops just enough to keep the fridge door from closing properly. I told dh we should just take the stupid thing off or one of these times ie Thomas, the door to the fridge won't get cold and everything will spoil inside!

Speaking of the little monster, I get him ALL day tomorrow. His mom has a new job and his other grandma is having catarac surgery so I get to keep him. I can't wait. He is a hand full though so I am going to definitely have my rest tonight to keep up. We are going to go to the pool tomorrow and he can swim and I can exercise. He is my water baby!

Gloria: Missed talking with you lately. I really liked the mall, but I was not all that impressed with their food. The restaurants are pretty expensive and I think they have crappy choices in their food court. We went to the Rainforest Cafe which is an ok experience, but not for the prices they charge for their food. I can sit at my dining table, eat pot roast and listen to the rain lots cheaper! Hope you have fun and find lots of goodies to buy!

Maggie: Yeah for you and keep plugging away. I am kind of like you. I feel like I am back up in the saddle. I desperately want to hit that 299 mark by my birthday! That is gonna be a celebration for sure!

You ladies all stop and smell the flowers today!

Faye
Old 07-16-2003, 09:51 AM   #8  

Good Morning, Flowers!
Just peeking in to say "hello" as the server wouldn't let me log on at all last night. I need to make a list for a grocery store run; that is my LEAST favorite chore to do. DH will be home around suppertime so I really should have "something" ready for him.

I don't know why but I couldn't sleep last night. The last time I looked at the clock it was 2:40 AM. That doesn't happen very often but when it does, it really ticks me off. Then it was hard to get moving this morning.

"Gma" -- We are limited in refrigerator hole space but even the smaller ones are pricey! Ours is 19 years old and each salesman tells me that a new one won't last as long as the old one but I'll sure notice a difference in my electric bill. I wonder . Enjoy your day with T tomorrow; I hope you will have time to peek in here. What kind of a job is your daughter doing? We did eat at the Rainforest when we were at the Mall and, like everything else, if you're only going to do it once, enjoy it. I thought the food was excellent but can't even remember what I had now . . . probably chicken "something!" Just to sit and watch all the fish was fun for me.

I need to get moving! Have a wonderful Wednesday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 07-16-2003, 01:51 PM   #9  

Jean: My dd is computer savvy big time and her new job is working at help desk at International Paper (which just cut something like 15, 000 jobs the week before she started!) She worked for Promus as a help desk person when she was pregnant with Thomas and really likes that kind of work. (Promus owns Hilton hotels, Doubletree, Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites...) Basically what she did there involved the hotels themselves not customers. Like hotel staff not being able to boot up or their software not working, stuff like that. Wish I had that kind of smarts because it sounds like an interesting job.

I am supposed to be working, but like Jean had a lousy night last night so am drop dead tired. I think since I have my noodles ready, my chicken deboned and my rolls raising I may take a short nap and see if I feel a little less worn out.

Faye
Old 07-17-2003, 09:26 AM   #10  

Good Morning, Flowers!
It's a bright sunny day and feels like the humidity is on the rise. I have been enjoying my coffee while watching two kittens demolish flowers/plant in a pot on the deck. The pot is a fairly large, low one and they have been using it as a litter box . . . now there is dirt all over and the scraggly plant pieces are scattered around the deck. We threw a catnip mouse out to them and they have been chasing that around; they are like two little kids fighting over one toy!

"Gma" -- I wish I knew more about computers than I do. I am a great typist but beyond that, I usually have to go to "help" if I want to do anything beyond the very basics. I do good just to log on and get into the different web sites I want to visit. I slept good last night and that's probably because DH is back home once again. The house was too quiet with him gone!

Maggie -- Tell Jackie and Lorraine "hello" for me. It would be nice if they would come back here and post once in a while.

I am meeting a coworker for lunch so need to check out the wardrobe for something to wear. I need to go shopping!

Have a terrific Thursday, Flowers! Do something nice for yourself!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 07-17-2003, 03:50 PM   #11  

Hi Guys,
I"m not dead, didn't have any trouble with accessing the new site, passed my colonoscopy and don't have to have another for 10 years I'm thrilled! I understand there's a new pill with a camera in it that you can take and it photographs the journey through your innards.......my question is, how do you retrieve it when it's completed its journey?! I know what I don't want to do!

I am so excited! I saw the notice on the Home Page about the Wt. Loss Maintenance Trial being done at Duke, Johns Hopkins and two other places. I immediately called Duke, which is about 4 hours from here, and they called me back while I was at Wally World, so I'm sitting tight until I have to go to WW at 4:30! I have all the qualifications they're looking for, so now we'll just see what happens. I'd say, as fast as they responded, they must not have had that many inquiries yet.......I'll keep you posted!

This is change over week at camp. The first termers left yesterday, and the second termers arrive today........they're probably mostly there by now. I've had a couple of old friends here picking up and dropping off their daughters, so I've had a great time, which is why I haven't been online. Also, the book about Sleepaway camps and the Women who Loved Them has just been published, so I rec'd my six copies of that yesterday.....read it cover to cover and am entranced. I met the author when her project was in its infancy a little over two years ago, and we've corresponded since then. She's contacted her publisher, who emailed me and I'm now making arrangements to sell them for her at Family Camp in three weeks. I know all the alums will be anxious to have a copy. What fun. Organized camping for women began in 1902 in Maine. She has photographs of women in their long skirts and shirt waist blouses with the high button shoes out in the woods........what a hoot! If any of you ever attended a girls camp.......be it church camp, Girl Scouts, 4H or whatever, let me know and I'll send you the info on it, as it's a treasure for those of us who were fortunate enough to spend time at camp.........that's where the happiest days of my childhood were spent, and it seems I'm not alone in feeling that way!

I"m waiting for the phone to ring.
Fondly,
Bubbles
Old 07-17-2003, 05:35 PM   #12  

Glad to see you Bubbles! I was beginning to worry about you; glad the colonoscopy is history and all is well. Enjoy your visits with your camping friends! Sounds like you are a busy lady! Don't be a stranger!
Old 07-17-2003, 06:07 PM   #13  
Thin Within

Smile Weighday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

The Iron Monster or Digital Dragon said I am down another pound ~ going in the proper direction is my aim. We went to the Sizzler and did the salad bar afterward and I wasn't impressed so next time there we will order off the menu. It is 104 as I type with humidity at 23% ~ still no bugs.

GLORIA that little red head 3 year old sounds like my daughter when she was that age. What fun!

FAYE it is such a great feeling to get to 299 ~ believe me I remember that for it wasn't that far behind me on this road to thin. You will get there ~ when is your birthday? I am planning a BD party for Cowboy and expect about 30 people.

JEAN I can imagine how precious those kittens look playing in the flower pot. Little scudders don't know what a life they have in front of them.

BUBBLES a pill you swallow eh? We I will certainly have that instead of the barbaric way they use now. I hated that invasion. I was a camper lots of years and then a camp counselor when I got older. Yep ~ done a lot of camping in my days. What fun for you to see old friends year after year when they bring their kids to camp.

Enjoy the day ~ I am staying inside!

Last edited by Maggie; 07-18-2003 at 02:45 AM.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:55 AM   #14  

Good Morning, Flowers!
It's very humid . . . 92% and cloudy . . . a good day to stay inside and appreciate the air conditioning. I have cleaning to do and a couple errands to do, mainly pick up catfood for Leonard.

Hope you all have a nice day!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 07-18-2003, 03:21 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Talking Friday

GOOD NOON TIME MAGNOLIAS

It is 99 degree day with 19% humidity and a chance of this day. Hope it does come ~ neat thing about it washes all the beautiful trees of dust and makes it all look so fresh. Besides, we need it.

We are having a party here on Labor Day to celebrate Cowboy's day and expect 25 to 30 people. Going to have Joe do the ribs and Will is going to smoke a couple turkey breasts and grill some hot dogs. I will make garlic bread, salads and baked beans. What fun we will have. We got a call from Joes wife this morning and she wants to have a surprise party for Joe and hold it here on the 2nd of August so there won't be a chance of him getting wind of it ~ besides his birthday is in the later part of July but his father will be out here by the August date. Hers is going to be just cake and ice cream and not nearly as many folks are invited. That will be so fun to do a surprise for him.

I made the most delicious light and airy oven puffy pancake for brunch this day. Topped it will berries and we had a nice low point meal. This pancake recipe stays puffed up ~ not like the other oven ones that sink into a hole in the center where you can fill it will goodies.

I was having trouble getting on line this morning and when I called the tech he had me to to a certain place and type in a code and now all is well again. Seems they had some problems this morning at the phone company and made a few changes. I just knew it wasn't anything to do with my computer - glad it wasn't.

Have a good day ladies and a fun and safe weekend. BTW ~ next gets to start a new thread for I am #14.
Closed Thread