Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-06-2014, 08:48 AM   #16  

Hey thanks for all of you responses and inputs.. But I should say at the bottom of the heart it does matter and bother me a bit.. For instance, I had to eat out yesterday (after like 2 weeks) and made better choices though I wudnt call them great.. And today when I saw myself weigh in a pound more than I was yesterday I am upset.. but I also understand that I just cant stay away from social gatherings and will have these ups and downs.. But that moment when I saw that increase I was totally upset and cursed myself for doing what I did....

I am somewhere in between where some part of me clings on to that number on the scale while the other part understands the reality..

May be gotto have both balanced and go along...
Still confused
nlauah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:27 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlauah View Post
Hey thanks for all of you responses and inputs.. But I should say at the bottom of the heart it does matter and bother me a bit.. For instance, I had to eat out yesterday (after like 2 weeks) and made better choices though I wudnt call them great.. And today when I saw myself weigh in a pound more than I was yesterday I am upset.. but I also understand that I just cant stay away from social gatherings and will have these ups and downs.. But that moment when I saw that increase I was totally upset and cursed myself for doing what I did....

I am somewhere in between where some part of me clings on to that number on the scale while the other part understands the reality..

May be gotto have both balanced and go along...
Still confused
Of course it's confusing. But think of it as any relationship - sometimes you have to step away to figure out what's really best. I advise you to put it away for a few days, a week or so, maybe a month, just a pick a date and don't weigh yourself until that date. See you how feel along the way. You may come to really enjoy not knowing what you weigh today. It frees you up from a lot of guilt! And you can go back to it, it doesn't have to be forever.

We're all worried we'll become that lonely fat person who is in complete denial and hasn't stepped on a scale inn 17yrs. But that's not likely going to happen is it?
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:30 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 216/132/120

Height: 5'9

I weight every day in the morning so I can catch my lowest number whatever day it chooses to happen.
But sometimes I'll get depressed if progress seems slow and, although I continue to weight everyday, I do it quickly and don't dwell on it for the rest of the day. I simply log the number and then ignore it. Once I'm feeling less depressed, those numbers are useful for seeing weight trends over time.
Arwen17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:32 AM   #19  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

I think daily weigh ins can be a good thing. In fact for ME, the only way I can stay on top of my weight is to check in daily. Only once, and in the morning before I eat. The rest of the day's weights would be totally off from the food/water in your system and they mean nothing so I never weigh more than once a day. The problem is that at a certain point I wander away from daily weigh ins and I end up back in weight ranges I don't want to ever be in again.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:41 AM   #20  

Thanks wannabeskinny..... I agree with you but I feel that I am losing the mind somewhere when there is a change... I think I should work on it

Thanks Arwen17... It helps to listen how others deal with it
Old 03-07-2014, 09:44 AM   #21  

Thanks Mauikai for the response.. I think I should first stick to the habit of daily just weighing myself only once...
Old 03-07-2014, 03:24 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 185/183.6/145

Height: 5'7"

I've been obsessing lately about the scale and getting on several times a week. My frustration is coming from not seeing any change over the past month. I've been watching what I eat and started exercising, but nothing is helping. I have actually gained a few pounds, and haven't lost any inches either.
SMeeker71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:15 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 229/216/180

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMeeker71 View Post
I've been obsessing lately about the scale and getting on several times a week. My frustration is coming from not seeing any change over the past month. I've been watching what I eat and started exercising, but nothing is helping. I have actually gained a few pounds, and haven't lost any inches either.
Are you keeping a journal of what you're eating daily? This may help and this is what I do. Without writing it down you could be eating more than you think. But keep at it, I wish you well.
Waterbunny77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:31 PM   #24  

I weigh myself once a week so I don't get mad if I don't lose as much as I planned =)
Jenny222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:52 AM   #25  

Once again thanks for your inputs.. I am working towards it.. Hopefully will get there soon
Old 03-11-2014, 09:34 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 227/139.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

I work from home and have the same scale obsession. I also write my weight on the calendar each morning. It keeps me on my toes. If I wait a week I tend not to be as focused on eating right and exercising and I end up maintaining or gaining. I'd like to get back to weighing only once a day instead of more than once.
circa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:00 PM   #27  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

The scale is your friend until you get closer to goal.

Weighing every day, in my opinion, is fine but doing it more than twice a day is foolish.

The best time to weigh is first thing in the morning, before you eat after a pee. In my experience, this is my lowest weight of the day.

If you must weigh again, do so before bed. Everyone is different, but I know I can lose 2-3lbs over night in water weight so I get a good heads-up on what to expect in the morning.

Weighing during the day is just a waste of time because of water and food weight.

This all works great until you get closer to goal. Then muscle mass can play a bigger role so you can lose fat but gain weight. Headache.

At 281lbs I was losing 0.5lbs per day six days out of seven.

So weighing daily was a huge motivation.

At 162.8lbs I go up and down like a yo-yo.

So weighing daily, not so much!

Last edited by IanG; 03-11-2014 at 11:05 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote