Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: See thicker

Height: 5'9

Default Struggling with my weight

I started in 06/12/12 with 248 lbs in 08/12/13 I've reached 206 lbs and I was so excited being close to onederland but I didn't reach it instead I gained about 32 lbs the last months of the year and in December I gained 4 lbs
In February I get back on track and by september I lost 33 lbs.
September through November I lost a couple of pound and then gained them back. I can't get past the 204 lbs

It seams like my body doesn't want to get to onederland
Now is very difficult for me to lose weight, about 1 lb per month
I'm starting to think I won't continue losing weight and mantain the one I have, but honestly I don't want to do that
friaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #2  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Hang in there!

Maybe it's time to mix things up? I tried a new diet plan each time my weight got stuck (and when I got bored). Just trying something new was enough to make me more serious about portion sizes and healthier foods and it often jump-started losing again for me.

Are you exercising? Maybe it's time to focus on inches instead of pounds for awhile. The health benefits of cardio and strength-training are good no matter what you weigh.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: See thicker

Height: 5'9

Yes I ran almost everyday 5k and go to the gym for about 2 hrs
Cardio and weight lifting.
I've been thinking about getting a diet, but I'm a collage student and I can't really afford to buy alot of things, I don't have enough time and I live by miself.
friaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #4  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I didn't buy diets. I just tried new things from books. I liked the one in the back of The Complete Beck Diet for Life by Judith S. Beck. In fact, I think I was on that one when I broke into onederland.

With that much exercise, you must be strong with lots of muscle. The BMI charts are notoriously inaccurate for muscular people. Maintaining at your current weight may be a good move for you if you're eating healthy foods.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #5  

Do you calorie count? When I was in college, I found a pretty easy way to lose weight by picking mostly healthy items from the dining hall like steamed veggies, boiled eggs, non-saucy meats (or brushing off the heavier sauces) and not eating the "all-nighter" foods that others ate, like crackers while studying for exams. That way I kept full and within my calorie plan.

I could stay full with fewer calories and also, on days when I ate unhealthy things, I could at least make sure that they were within my calorie range. As long as I don't eat too many calories, my weight goes down, kinda like the man who went on an all-Twinkie diet, but I am not recommending that! hahaha
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote