Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default Alright, I've Had It!

I'm SO done!

I can do this. I know I can. I've done it before, and you know what? I can freaking do it again! And this time, I'll make it stick darn it!

Tomorrow, I will weigh in. I will see a number I don't like. I will probably shed a tear, maybe two. But you know what, oh well! It'll be the last time I see a number like that EVER again. I'm NOT going through this again. I'm DONE yo-yoing. I'm DONE starting over. I'm DONE getting close to milestones, only to completely fall apart. DONE WITH IT. ALL OF IT!

I had a little chat with myself today, and have made some decisions.

DIET: No diet. No crazy gimmicks or impossible standards. Just, don't be a fatty! Log what you eat into My Fitness Pal and stick as close to 1200 calories a day as you can. Don't worry about clean eating or cooking fancy meals just yet - just keep it simple: cereal for breakfast, sandwich and carrots for lunch, a Lean Cuisine and a salad for dinner. Boom. Doesn't need to be hard, Sam. You're making it way harder than it needs to be! For now, just eat a little less, and eat a little better.

EXERCISE: Forget Insanity. Yeah, you can do the work outs, but you know darn well you won't stick to the schedule. You just won't. You're not there yet. Again, keep it simple! Don't obsess about work outs. If you can get your eating under control, that's a good first step! But, you have that cute little gym on the 5th floor of your office building. So why don't you try to go down there three times a week to start. Just go on the elliptical for a half hour, and do some light weight training with the free weights for 15-20 minutes. You used to go five times a week, remember? You can definitely handle three times!

You want to lose 15 pounds by New Year's Eve? Another 20 by the end of March, and another 10 after that before Lidia's wedding at the end of May?

THEN STOP EATING CRAP, STOP BEING LAZY, STOP MAKING EXCUSES, STOP TELLING YOURSELF YOU'RE HAPPY THE WAY YOU ARE - YOU'RE NOT! YOU WANT MORE THAN THIS FOR YOURSELF ... SO JUST DO IT ALREADY!

Today I started logging. Tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday I will hit the gym. Tomorrow, I will weigh in for my [last] first official weigh in.

I can do this. I have to!

Last edited by samerz816; 11-12-2013 at 04:39 PM.
samerz816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

There is nothing I can add except been there, done that, need to tell myself the same stuff. I think your plan is excellent. You can still have a life and get healthy at the same time.

YOU GO!
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

WELCOME!!! You can do it!!!! Add coming here and regularly reading/participating to you list of must do's, I find I stay on track better when I am here daily. Join some challenges, those can be really motivating if you keep up with the people in the challenge.
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:03 AM   #4  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Love it! Your approach to diet and exercise sound right on track. Best of luck to you; I look forward to cheering on your progress.

newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #5  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Good luck! Sounds like you're on the right track. You sound a lot like me, honestly. I can't stick to exercise programs or diet plans. I just try to eat a little healthier and eat less.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #6  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Whoo hoo, make it happen!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #7  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

Way to go!!!!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #8  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

You've got a great plan for a healthy lifestyle!
Best to you
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

so with you! I fell off the wagon a couple months ago due to never ending illness, but I need to hop back on.

Your post is very inspiring for me!
TrayTeam is offline   Reply With Quote