Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #1  

Default Food Addict

Ive done it, I tell myself that I eat right, that my foods arent high fat..well except on the weekend when I take eating right off of course, and I dont eat a lot...except a cookie here, and a piece of chocolate there...a few crackers and a bite of this wont hurt me right? I kept calories....EXCEPT for the little bites of whatever I can find to put in my mouth, but those dont matter right...

then I step on the scale at the end of the week and what?? I didnt lose? I dont understand, Im eating right...well, 5 days a week..and I keep track of calories...well except the little snacks I pick up and put in my mouth.

Now Ive started a strict eating plan..its called trim body, and they tell you exactly what to eat for every meal, and give you recipes for the things that call for recipes, and Im trying really hard to stick to the eating plan exactly. But I have a serious snacking problem you see, and its very hard to eat less then your e used to..I know that its necessary, and its hard to change your habits so much, and I know its the right thing..and I finally got the click, the thing inside of you that tells you that its time to change your lifestyle. That you're tired of it and you're not going to take it any more. I decided that it was time to start being intentional about how i eat, its time to start working out, so every day I eat whatever is on the menu for that day, and every evening I pop in the Jillion 30 day shred and sweat it out (which is not easy either!) Im 214 lbs (2.2 lbs down this week) and its time to change my life...

but right now, im hungry! and I want a cookie! and its going to TAKE so long to lose the weight I need to lose...t
oregonsunshine19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 146/116/110

Height: 5'0

Best of luck! Stick with it
kitkat2114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #3  
diamondgeog

I think you should focus on carbs not fats. I was hungry all the time I know exactly what you are going through. I think carbs keep us perpetually hungry. Most of the things you mentioned were high carbs.

Fat, and certainly protein and fiber is better for you than carbs IMHO. In moderation with fats of course. In any case give it three weeks. You will be hungry. But after three weeks I was free, virtually, of hunger, or at least the intense hunger I had before. And I can walk away now from candy, bagels, pasta, fries, potato chips, bread, all the things I devoured before.

Go low carbs for 3 weeks to a month. Then you can be free for the rest of your life. Worth it times a thousand. And you CAN do it. I was a big potato chip bag at one sitting or a pint or more of ice cream at one sitting, one or two or three fast food burgers (with fries of course) a week guy. If I can kick carbs ANYONE can.

Last edited by diamondgeog; 11-01-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonsunshine19 View Post
and its going to TAKE so long to lose the weight I need to lose...t

Love this quote.

If you stick with it, a year from now you will be in a better place -- maybe not to goal, but in a better place -- and you will feel so grateful and so proud of yourself. Or, on November 1, 2014, you can look back and say, hmm, still here, still bellyaching about the same old things.

It's up to you!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #5  
diamondgeog

Great article for anyone interested in this, short and to the point. Basically you get hungrier and hungrier the more carbs you eat. And less sensitive and your brain gets addicted to them. But as I mentioned above you can break it. Totally doable.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jun...unger-20130627
Old 11-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #6  

that is true, but I also just ate...a lot...and if your body is used to eating a certain amount of food, and certain types of food, I think that its normal to crave that amount, and those things until you get used to not wanting them.
oregonsunshine19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 146/116/110

Height: 5'0

I love that thesame7! thanks for sharing
kitkat2114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonsunshine19 View Post
Ive done it, I tell myself that I eat right, that my foods arent high fat..well except on the weekend when I take eating right off of course, and I dont eat a lot...except a cookie here, and a piece of chocolate there...a few crackers and a bite of this wont hurt me right? I kept calories....EXCEPT for the little bites of whatever I can find to put in my mouth, but those dont matter right...

then I step on the scale at the end of the week and what?? I didnt lose? I dont understand, Im eating right...well, 5 days a week..and I keep track of calories...well except the little snacks I pick up and put in my mouth.

Now Ive started a strict eating plan..its called trim body, and they tell you exactly what to eat for every meal, and give you recipes for the things that call for recipes, and Im trying really hard to stick to the eating plan exactly. But I have a serious snacking problem you see, and its very hard to eat less then your e used to..I know that its necessary, and its hard to change your habits so much, and I know its the right thing..and I finally got the click, the thing inside of you that tells you that its time to change your lifestyle. That you're tired of it and you're not going to take it any more. I decided that it was time to start being intentional about how i eat, its time to start working out, so every day I eat whatever is on the menu for that day, and every evening I pop in the Jillion 30 day shred and sweat it out (which is not easy either!) Im 214 lbs (2.2 lbs down this week) and its time to change my life...

but right now, im hungry! and I want a cookie!
and its going to TAKE so long to lose the weight I need to lose...t

I think you got a lot of good advice here. I agree with cutting back on carbs, because they do cause cravings and binging. You have already identified your problem, that you snack a lot. Why don't you try what is called Intuitive Eating. You eat when you're hungry and stop when you're satisfied, not stuffed. You really don't have to eliminate any foods, just limit your portions. It is not a simple thing to do. Your body is used to feeling stuffed and is going to want to continue that feeling. But if you make an effort to change this, you will have changed your lifestyle. It takes time to break the habit. When you feel the urge to snack on something, think of a way to fit it into your next meal and then you won't have to deprive yourself. If you get to the point that you're hungry and you want a cookie, think about it. Are you really hungry or are you just craving that cookie. If you are really hungry, eat a piece of fruit. Or some cut up veggies. If that won't do, then you aren't really hungry, you're craving. Learn the difference.

These are just my suggestions. Each person must find what works best for them.

Good luck to you.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote