Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #301  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Zima Good job on your day!

Mamakat Sending good strength your way. Hopefully your DH won't buy any more. Dang, sorry about the hormonal stuff. The body is a crazy thing sometimes. DON'T GET A PUPPY! They will ruin your life! I like anything Poo or Doodle. They are all cute as can be. Have you worked out on the Wii recently?

Glamourgirl Sending good thoughts your way. I hope tomorrow is easier on you.

Mrs Snark Good job on your day.

Psychic Good job on your active day.

Radiojane I understand about the .4 up driving you crazy. I have felt like that since my thyroid got out of whack. It's tiring doing the right thing but it not always reflecting in the scale. It's better than the regular gains I had years ago. Just keep trying and working your plan.

Tyla Good luck! I hope you had a great start to your week.

Ilovevegetables
Can you workout via DVD's or workouts on youtube? This might give you some extra options.

Ian Good job on the .2. Does your wife eat similar salads on the weekend?

Novangel Did you get a workout in today?
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #302  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1380 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
Grilled NY Strip 400 calories
2 orders collard greens 200 calories

Exercise:
Les Mills Sports Attack
Jessica Smith Power Walk
Old 09-16-2013, 10:43 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I Lost it today and I ate too much. I guess I don't handle death well. I found out today that a very close friend died from cancer yesterday. Brings me to my sister who has entered Hospice and is losing ground.

I have to turn this over to God and move on. Tomorrow is another day. I refuse to give up.

The Japanese have a saying “Fall down seven times, get up eight.”
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:06 AM   #304  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1380 +
weigh In: 161.2
Down: .2

Larry Hang in there. It's really hard going through the stress of the loss of a loved one. Your friend/family would want you to take care of yourself.

Enjoy your day!
Old 09-17-2013, 08:33 AM   #305  

S/C/G: 138/127/120

Height: 5'4

Hey!

Yesterday, I had 1,280 calories.

I couldn't work out because I had a nasal biopsy and dr. said no exercise for the day.
Zima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #306  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Glamgirl -- Sorry you are having so much stress, hang in there. You are putting alot of expectations on yourself and that can be very hard. The weight will go, just keep doing what you're doing and try not to worry about what others think or expect from you or about specific timetables. Deep breaths, think ZEN, and hang in there!

Larry - I'm so sorry for your loss, and you're right, never give up your goals, just keep getting up.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 09-17-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:11 AM   #307  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Yesterday...

B cappuccino, hot cereal with rhubarb puree

L HM veggie burrito filling eaten atop Mediterranean crackers

S ginger covered in dark chocolate

D HM Texas chili, HM cornbread muffin, roasted root vegetables, brown rice

Exercise none :-(

Okay, 4 day break. Back on plan. Today.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #308  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Larry, I'm really sorry for your loss and for your sister's struggle. We have a lot of cancer in our family history; I understand. As for the Japanese, they have another saying, shikata ga nai, which essentially means "there's nothing you can do" not in a negative or downtrodden sort of way, but in more of an "its out of my hands, I give it up to the universe" kind of way. It's a recognition of acceptance. It sounds like it applies to your state of mind and post, too.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #309  

Larry - I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand turning to food to relieve negative feelings. Hang in there.

MrsSnark & Diana - thank you.

I am really struggling with weightloss, well with controlled eating when stressed with the kids, when I dont have anyone to take them for help.

I swore to myself that when the baby napped today (he's just starting to take somewhat regular naps) I would do the treadmill. Well I was up since 3am with my oldest son, he is autistic, high functioning, but he STILL has sleep issues. He gets up and wakes up everyone. He does take something for sleep but sometimes ha doesnt make it through the night. So he woke up me, the 3 y/o and baby. OMG I don't want to do the treadmill, I dont want to do anything, I have a headache and I feel like a zombie...

There are thin women that have loads of kids, so this shouldnt be an excuse.

I'm going to try to eat controlled today, that's my goal, and try not to hate myself for not working out today, I just feel like poo.

Scale Gods said I was 204.8 I exspected an up from over eating yesterday, The cookies had pretzels in them, lots of salt...

HAve a good day everyone
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #310  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Glamgirl -- don't beat yourself up over the exercise, when things are this busy and crazy it is hard enough to just focus on the food! I personally believe that weight loss is 90% food management, 5% attitude management, and 5% exercise. Just focus on feeding your body healthy foods and resting, don't beat yourself up over missing the treadmill when you're exhausted!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #311  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Larry I'm very sorry for your loss. Under those circumstances what you eat should be the least of your worries. Thinking of you!

Diana You're very right, as always. I keep reminding myself that I'm finally out of the 80's, where I've been stranded for months. And really, since Friday, I'm down 2.2. That averages out to a half pound a day. That's not a bad loss at all.

Scale today read 376.8, which is a loss of 0.7
Calories for yesterday were actually remarkably low. I had my salad from the Co op, which I lowered the carbs on so it was pretty much a meat salad, and then I made cheeseburger Quiche for dinner. Very filling.

Total calories 1612.

I walked the dog for about 20 minutes (he was being lazy), so that gives me about 150 for a burn.

Bf is deciding today whether or not to bid on that out of town job.... I'm nervous!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Lunch - 3/4 cup rice, tomato curry, salad

Dinner - 2/3 chicken and cheese roll

Snack - Sev puri (indian snack)

All meals were approximately 400 calories each.

Exercise - 40 minute walk, 4 km

Scale's still stuck at the same it was last week, which is a bit disheartening. Tomorrow's official weigh in day, so let's see if it moves.
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #313  

S/C/G: 180/178/135

Height: 5'5"

I just (re)joined 3FC today, so this will be my first time with daily accountability...but that's something I've been lacking!

For breakfast I had 2 scrambled eggs and a grapefruit with a glass of skim milk. Lunch was half of a wrap with three slices of ham and three slices of swiss cheese. I brought carrots for snack at work, and my plan for dinner is a salad, salmon, and brown rice, with another glass of skim milk.

I had planned to take my dog for a run this morning, but I ended up being the one to put my son on the bus today so I'm hoping to get in a circuit workout at home this afternoon.

I just moved to a new place, but I'm hoping to grab my stationary bike from my parents' house after work so I can sneak in a little cardio too!

I need to make an appointment to see my doctor, I think I may be developing a stress fracture in my shin...I had them several years ago, and the pain I'm having is very reminiscent of that. I'll be really sad if I have to stop running - fall is my favorite season to run!
AJ'sAwesomeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #314  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Sorry about your loss Larry.

Diana, my wife does not eat the same salad as me at the weekend. We eat entirely different meals. She does not like seafood as much as me.

It's Tuesday so I gain. Up 1.8lbs.

Breakfast: 2 pieces of toasted low calorie bread with raw mushrooms and mayo lite. A few olives. A salted anchovie. 1 coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Salad with alaskan salmon, muscles, pickled hot garlic, olive hummus, spinach and artichoke cheese dip, small piece of lunch herring, a small piece of salted mackeral, 4 salted anchovies (soaked to lower the sodium), corn, kidney beans, lettuce, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, red onion, blueberries, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, pickled onion, brussel sprouts, peach salsa, stuffed pepper, beets.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Green Flash Imperial IPA).

Exercise: Ran 6 miles. Did one hour of boxing (my new thing!).

I am taking a colleague to a restaurant for lunch tomorrow. It will be three courses. It will include wine.

I have planned my meal. Tuna tartare for starter. Seafood platter for main. Mini donuts for dessert. I'd best get a run in tomorrow! But this is a special meal, so it will be worth it. This colleague is a good friend and will be leaving to take another position. Very sad for me.

Last edited by IanG; 09-17-2013 at 03:32 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #315  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday's Calories: Over 2200
Today's Weight: 171.2

I ate very little yesterday morning, then I pigged out in the evening on cereal and cookies. I'm a bit sick, so my appetite is all screwed up. I made bad choices yesterday. I took today off from work, so I'm trying to control myself.

When I get sick, I tend to feel super hungry.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote