Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Nope. Nothing forbidden. Forbidding it just makes me focus on it more, which leads me to binging on that very food. Eating grains, sugar, chocolate or other "bad carbs" (in small amounts of course) didn't inhibit weight loss for me.

Everything in moderation.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Nothing is forbidden with me, I just modify portion sizes. That doesn't mean I eat a bunch of high caloric foods in small portions, it just means that I'm not going to punish myself with guilt if I want to eat something I normally don't eat.
This is what I was talking about. I don't want to eat a lot of high caloric foods in small portions. I absolutely like and enjoy healthy foods, but when I try to never again it something that isn't an ideal meal or food, I tend to feel guilty, even if I stay within my calorie amount for that meal. I need to stop doing that as I will not be able to eat "perfectly" the rest of my life.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKatFan View Post
Nope. Nothing forbidden. Forbidding it just makes me focus on it more, which leads me to binging on that very food. Eating grains, sugar, chocolate or other "bad carbs" (in small amounts of course) didn't inhibit weight loss for me.

Everything in moderation.
This is also true for me. Once something is off limits, it becomes that food I want to binge on. Right now, I'm not restricting of counting cals, and I don't feel the need to eat everything I can. I went to party today in fact and turned down the cake and pizza. Just didnt want it, I wasnt hungry. But when I tell myself I cna never have cake or pizza again...that leads me to wanting to order a whole pie and by a cake to eat eat eat...where normally I would never do that IF I'm not telling myself no.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #19  
A child of God :)

S/C/G: 325/Ticker/199 (for now)

I eat whatever I want, just not however much I want. Nothing is forbidden, but I tend toward healthier foods because I can eat a lot more of them and I like larger portions. I feel no guilt whatsoever with *what* I eat, the guilt comes when I overeat or binge. Even so, I don't beat myself up.

But then, I do a lot of things "they" say not to do and I've lost 70 lbs. This has been my most successful weight loss attempt ever because I'm actually happy losing weight lol

I wrote an article, "Breaking Diet Rules: How I Ignored Conventional Diet Wisdom and Lost 70 Lbs" You may enjoy it because it talks about tailoring a plan for YOU as an individual not feeling the need to follow what "they" (doctors etc) say about successful weight loss.

I don't think any foods should be "forbidden" as long as you don't have an allergic reaction or something. Good luck!

Last edited by 35X35; 07-14-2013 at 03:58 PM. Reason: clarity
35X35 is offline   Reply With Quote