Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

yep, right there with you. I love the exercise part, the running, the feeling "fit" and HATE restricting what I eat.
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 275/264/160

Height: 5 ft 9 inches

I hate exercising, I hate watching what I eat but I have had a weight problem ever since I was a little kid. I am currently on Weight Watchers and I despise it with a passion (I am being totally honest here). I am able to eat whatever I want but I have to put a point value to everything I stuff into my mouth. No going over 42 points a day unless absolutely necessary. I have an extra 49 points I am allowed to eat a week plus I can eat my exercise points if I am hungry. The previous six weeks I fell off the wagon big time due to three deaths over a six week period and one I had to keep from my mom as she was in europe on vacation and I didnt want to ruin it for her (her bf passed away). Now that I have dealt with all this grief and stuffing my face like no tomorrow I am doing my best to get back on track with exercising (I try to go to the gym 6-7 days a week) and keeping to my points values in regards to eating but I am completely miserable. I have also gone back to PGX Daily as well as a few other supplements to help with the weight loss but no noticeable results as of yet.
Missys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I'm with you on this. I absolutely loved running for a lot of reasons. One of the biggest was that guilt-free, post long run breakfast of whatever the heck I wanted. A 10 mile run will offset almost anything calorically.

I spent a year either racing or training ( almost always to excess ) for a race. During that time I pretty much didn't calorie count, which was awesome because after dieting for the last 28 years, I'm about sick of it.

I didn't gain or lose a pound. I was still 40 lbs overweight, so that wasn't exactly what I wanted, but hey, maintenance is good, right? It was great right up until I injured my foot. I haven't been able to run, or give up my undisciplined eating habits since then. I gained back 55 out of 70 lbs. lost.

I still hate calorie counting, and I still have the urge to over-exercise, but I hate weighing 230 lbs WAY more.
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streudel View Post

I still hate calorie counting, ...., but I hate weighing 230 lbs WAY more.
This is a good point. After each baby I was will be) about 220 lbs which is higher than my usual overweight weight (about 160-170) I hate being over 200 lbs more than calorie counting, but as I get closer to goal the scale tips the other way (no pun instended) and while I want to lose more I'm not so incredibly unhappy, so I slip up more in the food area.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

" but as I get closer to goal the scale tips the other way (no pun intended) and while I want to lose more I'm not so incredibly unhappy, so I slip up more in the food area."

There's this amnesia that seems to kick when the goal is in sight. I can't seem to accept that calorie counting is something I'm going to have to do for life. Maybe one day I'll get it...
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 347/208/180

Height: 5'3

I have a love/hate relationship with exercising, but the food part is definitely the hardest! I have a food addiction issue and have been trying to find the right balance. Exercise has been my savior in this process, but I still need to figure out the food part of losing weight.
anm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #22  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I dont like either but I deal with both because I know I need to do both in order to lose weight
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #23  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

having been in this process for many years- i can almost absolutely deduce that exercise is a part of staying FIT but food is a part of weight maintenance, unfortunately.

i have food issues, and i have always had food issues. when i am able to over-exert and over exercise, i lose weight. when i am unable to exercise, i gain weight because i have always over eaten. i am like many of you not satisfied on under 3000+ calories, and find it a chore.

unfortunately though, i think having fine tuned eating habits is what makes for successful maintenance.
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:06 AM   #24  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I neither hate it or love it, it's just something I do at this point,

I'm always planning ahead as part of my nature. I suppose it's just something us teachers always do after all.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #25  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra1984 View Post
I dont like either but I deal with both because I know I need to do both in order to lose weight
Yeah, this is how I feel too. Even though I have figured out ways to have tasty delicious food for myself, I still often bristle at the effort it takes to prepare it day after day after day. I miss eating mindlessly, and I terribly miss recreational eating, and limiting that requires a constant effort of pure will and discipline that is sometimes irritating and sometimes downright annoying.

As for exercise, that too is a pain in the neck, and while I don't always hate doing it I do often have to force myself to get started by sheer will. I resent how long it all takes - I resent how much more time in the day my friends have who don't spend time at the gym and order takeout whenever they feel like it. It is a consolation that those people tend to be less trim and fit than I am (though not always) and that is what I have to hold onto - I remember how I felt at 275 and I know how I feel now, and I just have to keep in mind that the better feeling is worth all the effort.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:31 AM   #26  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streudel View Post
" but as I get closer to goal the scale tips the other way (no pun intended) and while I want to lose more I'm not so incredibly unhappy, so I slip up more in the food area."

There's this amnesia that seems to kick when the goal is in sight. I can't seem to accept that calorie counting is something I'm going to have to do for life. Maybe one day I'll get it...
What really helps me is thinking of it as something I must do for my health. The way someone with high blood pressure must watch sodium, or someone with diabetes must watch sugar, I--a formerly obese person--must watch my caloric intake.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
I neither hate it or love it, it's just something I do at this point,

I'm always planning ahead as part of my nature. I suppose it's just something us teachers always do after all.
Same here. I have been "on plan" with food for 20 years. It just IS. If I eat something that I don't consider to be the healthiest choice once in a while, it's all good because I just keep going and it evens out.

The hard part about exercise is that while food planning makes my life easy because it saves me time, exercise TAKES time. That's why I tend to fall off of my exercise regimen depending on how busy my life gets.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #28  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

the better feeling is worth all the effort ~ I totally agree
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Yup, I feel the same way. I love running (most of the time, I'm hating it kind of right now) and I like biking and walking and doing whatever but I hate that I can't eat how much and what I want all the time.
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #30  

Thank you all for your replies. I agree finding something important enough so that I am ok with (even if not happy about) restricting what I eat is the key. I wonder if 20 years from now I will still dread calorie counting everyday. I wonder if a time will come when I can stop calorie counting...
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote