Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 11:03 AM   #16  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Well well well...despite the 3 pieces of cheesecake, the two slices of pizza, the fried ice cream, chips and salsa, cotton candy AND an omelette this morning, I'm doing rather well on weight. I weighed in this AM and it looks like I'm maintaining at 146 (which ****, i'm happy with after the bad stuff I ate this week). And the scale even blinked between 145 and 146!!! LOL

After some thought about my eating habits and s I've figured some things out this week.

1. I am doing better... but not perfect on "letting things go. I.e. Not feeling guilty for a long time.

2. I feel very determined to meet my loss goals, and have given myself a reasonable deadline of September 1 to be at 130lbs. (It's a little more than a pound a week, which I figured out from 150lbs, where I'm usually at).

3. I did really well at eating well here at work, my biggest downfall, but there were ALOT of temptations. I even cut out my afternoon snack completely.

4. Being with my #2 guy is making me unhappy and is probably in some ways making me fail at my loss. (He was a little rude to me about my goals this week, but suprisingly that made me more determined to lose).

5. I have come to realize I'm being a big about breaking up with my #2 and I just have to do it!!!

SO I think I'm on the right track to changing my bad habits. At least I HOPE I am.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing awesome today! I am going out with my best friend on Saturday night (if I can kick this cold that is) and we are gonna dress up and party down! LOL This friend is very good for my self esteem, so we're gonna look hot and try to find me a whole new man. LOL

I'll check in later girls! Have a SUPER loss day!!!!!

Missy
Old 06-13-2003, 11:45 AM   #17  

Missy: That is great all the way around. You WILL succeed because you are using all the tools and putting your head where it belongs. When I discovered that sitting around boo hooing about having a bad eating day or whatever, I was just plain wasting energy and my time. You can't go back only forward so that is what you have to do. Hope you can extricate yourself from #2. Dope sounds like kind of a jerk to me, but my experience with men is limited. Dh was my first and only boyfriend, lover etc. so what the heck do I know about anything! I was just lucky to listen to God when he told me, "This is the guy for you!" A lot of people think I am full of bologna, but I am convinced that he was the partner God had destined for me. He and I are totally different come from two different parts of the country (me Indiana, he New Mexico) and I would never ever have met him without God's hand in it completely. He loves me unconditionally, is my best friend in the world, treats me like a queen and doesn't have tooooo many bad habits!

Well, I have yakked about myself long enough. I need to wash the clorine off and see if I can put the book back together enough to at least read it. It is a darn good book!

Faye
Old 06-13-2003, 12:29 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Greetings from the resident lurker!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been taking time to get some things in prespective. Last week the eating was awful and workouts were nonexistent but I still managed to loose .8. Right now I am trying to figure out a way to stay where I am at and not to have to move. Suprisingly enough I am getting better at home, part of me wonders if he has had a change of heart and don't know how to say so. Sorry to drop in and run but gotta get ready for work.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:42 PM   #19  

Michelle: I am a firm believer in fixing things if you can and keep the marriage intact. It is your gut you have to go with. YOU HAVE to communicate though and not assume. I mean, not go in like a bull in a china shop, but the "Bob, I really love you and want us to stay together if at all possible. Isn't there a way we can work this out for the good of both of us?" Might be a good way to feel things out. (Name used only for the interest of having a name to use instead of HEY STUPID JACKASS!)

Actually, I have still not gotten in the shower. I got this idea about the dress so I went off on a tangent. I decided to use earth colors instead of silver. Below is a pic of the dress with the belt and necklace I am going to use. I am going to get cork like dressy sandals, macrame, something in that range and try and find some wooden earrings. I have handbags that will go nice with this too so won't have to buy one, though I LOVE handbags!

Anyway, since we have a nice age variety here, I am depending on you to be honest and tell me what you think of the outfit. Thanks for your input!

Faye
Old 06-13-2003, 01:21 PM   #20  

Here I am--the day after yet another severe storm!

A funnel cloud was spotted north of Pittsburgh last night. Where I live, the thunder was so strong it shook the house and both cats hid for hours (my poor furkids). Now the word is flood watch--good thing I live on a hillside!

Anyway, I am down two more pounds since last week ! And...provided there are no weather delays, Brian arrives around 6:14 PM tonight my time I'm excited!!!!!

Hope all are having a great Friday despite it being the 13th ! Ms Excitement here did the cat box and the laundry.
Old 06-13-2003, 03:22 PM   #21  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Faye ~ I LOVE the dress, it's like a greek goddess! The necklace is really cool too, but I would lose the belt... it's hard to tell what exactly it looks like but it looks too dark, maybe black? And you don't wanna mix black and brown (at least I don't, some disagree with me on this. I think a pretty summer scarf (one of those sheer ones) might look really neat...i'm trying to think. I'd suggest those macrame-esque belts that are hot right now, but that would probably make the dress too casual for the wedding. Actually you could totally lose the belt (unless you want it for some definition), cause that would look pretty too! Good luck and show us a pic of the finished product!
Old 06-13-2003, 03:46 PM   #22  

Hey there girls,

Faye: I like the dress, but I'm with Missy, I think if you loose the belt it will look great . And the shoes you describe will look great with it too.

Sandy: Good luck with hubby, I hope all works out the way you want it to.

Missy: Hope you can loose #2 the way you want. How did you get into such a pickle??? .

Michelle: Yup, I will have pleant of time for the family stuff too. I have weekends off and Tuesdays off too, so I can just take Mondays when we want to go camping and then I will have a 4 day stretch off. My boss is wonderful, and won't mind that at all. I guess if I were your dad I would be leary too....poor man.

We are having a kind of low key fathers day around here, money is always tight in June, so my step-dad and hubbys dad will be getting homemade cinnimon rolls and my dad will get an IOU for when I see him. My hubby put in a request that I'm not sharing, he can be so perverted sometimes.

Okay gotta run,
PEEK
Old 06-13-2003, 05:15 PM   #23  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Sandy...I've been wondering how I got myself into this predicament. But the basic jist is this. I was with my boyfriend for 2+ years and things were kinda blah after I had this minor health scare (I thought for over a year I had an STD, but actually didn't...and I thought HE gave it to me...turns out I didn't and all is actually well) it kinda drove a wedge through us. So, my attention kinda strayed to the "mysterious and brooding co-worker" . And we got involved and i took a break away from the boyfriend and then was involved with my co-worker. Sooo..then we decided to try dating again, so here I am with both of them. LOL...it's quite a pickle!
Old 06-13-2003, 06:09 PM   #24  

Hello lovely ladies!

Thanks for all the input. The belt is brown though I agree it looks black in the pic.

Since we are making the trip up to my girlfriend's dh is getting his present late. He wants a router to network the other computer for internet so that is what he is getting.

Peek: Homemade cinnamon rolls? Hey didn't you miss all us ladies when Mothers' Day rolled around? Pay UP!

Dh cooked us burgers out on the grill and goofed and put regular cheese on mine, but what could I do except scrape it off. I am pretty sure I still came in under my fat calories which is what I really worry about.

DH told me a story last night about an elderly woman that got popped in the mouth with something on Rosie O'Donnell's show a few months back when she or her guest were shooting that stuff they do out into the audience with those sling shot things. Anyway, this 71 year old woman is suing claiming the hit in the mouth caused emotional damage because she can't kiss her boyfriend! Silly suit, but YAHOO for the old folks!

Everyone have a lovely weekend.

Tomorrow is SUNNY THOUGHTS SATURDAY!

Faye
Old 06-13-2003, 06:32 PM   #25  

Faye: love the story of the older lady who is suing Rosie....
Did you watch Dr. Phil today? I was wondering who got the deal at the end? If anyone knows please fill me in.

Missy: Don't know what to tell ya that you don't already know and havn't already heard, so I won't lecture. LOL Do they know about each other?
Old 06-14-2003, 08:33 AM   #26  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Jump in and give us some happiness!

Good Morning ladies!

I am not sure if it has decided whether or not it is going to rain today. I sure hope it holds off long enough to get my pool work in. I am kind of wiped because last night was a tough night. My husband has recurring bursitis in his hips and last night it decided to hit him in both hips. It is so painful for him that it actually makes him cry. He took some anti-inflammatories and put some ICY HOT on both hips and finally after about 2 hours or so came back to bed and finally got some sleep. Me, I stayed awake until I could hear him sleeping for sure!

My sunny thought for today is this: Love your friends and your family for who they are not who you want them to be. They might disappoint us from time to time, but they are worth the love we give to them.

I will check in later and see if anyone has posted and respond in kind. Hope you ladies have a great morning!

Faye
Old 06-14-2003, 09:30 AM   #27  

Morning girls,
Faye: Hope hubby is better today. Thanks for sending sunny wishes this way but we woke up to down pouring rain this morning and it still is.

I hope everyone is starting their day nicely. I will be back later.

Tootles,
PEEK
Old 06-14-2003, 05:25 PM   #28  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

I don't have much time, but wanted to say HI. I had fun with my sister but was glad it was a short visit. Dorothy was right -There's no place like home! Today was the twins' birthday party. They had so much fun, and seemed to like all the people being there.

I have stayed OP all week and have got in all the water, too. Tomorrow is weigh in, and I'll let you know how it goes.

See you later,
Jana
Old 06-14-2003, 06:06 PM   #29  

Hi all,
What a busy day I have had. I have done I don't know how much laundry and am still doing it. With 4 people it sure does pile up. Then I have been baking. I have made a pumpkin pie for hubby for Daddy's day. I made cinnimon rolls and just finished making Whoopie Pies, and then I put super in the oven "Shepards PIE"
My mom called and wanted to take me and the kids out to lunch, so we went to one of the local Pizza joints. Mom and I ordered a small pizza to split. Alexis had cheese bread, and Evan had a small Ham and cheese sub. We all had sodas and that came to $30.07...."WOW" that was an expensive lunch, concidering we had a small pizza.
Jana: I'm glad you had a nice visit with your sister, but yes, I love coming home when I have been away. Nothing like that first nights sleep is there. Glad the twins b-day went well too.

Faye: Hope the sun was out in your part of the country today.

Tootles,
PEEK
Old 06-14-2003, 07:10 PM   #30  

Hey everybody! Hope you're having fun today.

Jana: I love traveling, but actually hate coming back and facing all the laundry and putting stuff away. We take so much junk with us you would think we were moving or something, snacks, drinks, books, tapes, dh's gps system, blankets, pillow, clothes and on and on!

Peek: Sounds like you had fun with mom and the kids. Pizza places are the worst about prices. We have a really cheap one here called CiCi's (it's a chain) and I like their pizza but dh hates it. He is a pizza purest, handtossed meat lovers from Pizza hut which always gives me indigestion!

Hope Elle is having fun with the fishing. YUCK! I am one of those people who thinks roughing it means Howard Johnson over Marriot! I hate all that outdoor junk including camping. If God wanted me to pee behind a bush, he would have made me a dog!

Well, I have to search for a haircut online. My stylist took an extended leave of absence and no one is taking his business so now I have to try and find someone to cut my hair and I have a lot of trouble because of being blond and my hair is thin. They seem to chop the heck out of it.

Faye
Closed Thread