Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #16  
Train Insane

S/C/G: 191/151/135

Height: 5'8"

I've been a vegetarian my whole life and I've never liked greasy foods or potatoes, so I've gotten good at making substitutions. I also feel that you're paying for what you order, so they should accommodate you. Arctic Mama has it right though, make sure you go off of a regular menu item as opposed to making up your own thing. Occasionally I'll ask for a special veg meal, but those are only at nicer restaurants where I can expect the chef to use some creativity.
glitterhairdye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #17  

Alaskanlaughter, I can't believe that they actually told you that you could not substitute! Like seriously, how hard is it to plop veggies on a plate vs. plopping mashed potatoes?

Daki, I always get so frustrated when the veggies come covered in butter or oil! I wonder why they do that?

HungryHungryHippo, does that actually work? I never considered that!
kk2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #18  
Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daki View Post
I was SO angry one time. It was $2.50 to sub mixed veggies for fries. And the veggies were drenched in oil. They were so gross. And even the amount I was given was ridiculous, probably 50 cents worth of zucchini and two or 3 florets of broccoli and a few strips of bell pepper. UGH. I don't mind being charged extra but in my opinion that's too much extra and sooooo not worth the money. Haven't done that again. Bleh. I just shovel my fries on to someone else's plate.
This happened to me and PF Changs. I asked for a side of steamed broccoli and it was covered in some sort of oil/butter mix and it was WAY over cooked and they charged me $3.25 for it. It was nothing at all.
ichoose2believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #19  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

OMG, yes. There are a few restaurants around here like that with the oily/buttery vegetables! Once at this restaurant, I asked if they had any fresh veggies to steam, I got weird looks back along with a "NO" and that their veggies are automatically seasoned with butter and salt. So I just opted for the baked potato without the butter and ironically, they still put the fricking butter in it after I asked them not to.

In restaurants, you do pay more to eat healthier which I think is ridiculous but whatevs.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote