Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #1  

Default Frustrated

I have been dieting and working out for three months now. Not losing weight. Have tried everything. Shred diet abs diet belly fat diet every kind of exercise and even had bloodwork and thyroid check. Doctor saying all tests normal. I have absolutely had it. I have decided to just not eat and when I can't stand it anymore I will have a protein shake. What difference does it make? I am busting my *** and depriving myself of the food I want anyway and getting nowhere. I know I amseverely depressed, but who wouldn't be?
khaleesa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

I was so with you. For years I was feeling that way.

I joined My Fitness Pal and started tracking every thing I ate and drank.
I started drinking mostly water.
I weigh/measure EVERYTHING!!! I found out I wasn't losing weight because my idea of a serving and a real serving were way off!

Are you weighing and measuring everything you eat?
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #3  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

Don't go the anorexic route! It's not going to lead you to what you want - a leaner you - it'll make you unhealthy and lose muscle rather than fat. =(

Chances are there's some other factor that's preventing you from losing the weight. Some suggestions:
-Are you getting enough sleep every night?
-Are you doing your best to lessen stress by practicing stress reducing activities/techniques?
-Have you been tested for food allergies? (This is was why I was never able to lose a single pound before, despite all my efforts...once I determined my allergens and cut them out, the weight FINALLY started dropping off. If you suspect you have a allergy, try going on an elimination diet to root it out)
-Are you sure that your everyday diet is good?
-Are you being consistent with practicing good eating habits/portion control and exercising?
-Are you on medication that may be causing weight gain or preventing weight loss?

Last edited by Chronostasis; 04-29-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:50 PM   #4  

Have a friend who is a personal trainer. Together we have counted every calorie. I've lost count of all the workouts. I have tried garcinia cambogia cold showers, teas, braggs vinegar drinks. I am not on any meds that would cause this. I have spent hundreds of hours on the Internet have tried every healthy thing listed, upped my fiber and water intake all kinds of meditation and metabolism techniques that I can find
I really don't see what difference it makes now

whether I eat or not. Nothing works and I mean nothing. The only thing I haven't tried is starving myself At this point I am willing to give that a shot. This is like a nightmare that I can't wake up from. I am in this horrible "fight to win control over my own body" mode or die trying. Hard to explain it. It's as if something in side me has broken and now I'm obsessed with the situation. Up to now, I have always considered myself to be a stable person. No more. I truly understand why people become anorexic and bulimic
khaleesa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #5  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

I understand it can be frustrating and I don't mean to pry but are you trying to lose say 5-10 lbs or are you in my category and trying to lose an entire person? I know you don't want to starve yourself, my Mom did that when I was a kid and it made her really sick and in return she's been gaining and losing the same 100+ lbs her entire life. I can't really offer much advice as I'm still relatively new but maybe have your doctor set you up with a dietician. I will say that overall whatever changes you make it should be something that you can stick with for a long time.

Best of luck to you!
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #6  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

Don't give up! At the very least, tell your doctor and personal trainer friend what you're planning.
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

My advice to you is to stop doing these 'fad diets' and try to just eat a normal diet. If you are eating the right amount of food (not too little or too much) and exercising you will lose weight. Try and be patient.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

^ I agree. I've noticed that the "fad" diets never worked for me because half the stuff they added into the food I wouldn't eat and there was way to much involved for me to actually stick to it with my schedule. Now what I do is I go online and take little bits and pieces from everything I see. One day I will do tuna, next day chicken, next day salad. I agree with "my fitness pal" - seeing what you put in your mouth and seeing it add up will make you think twice about reaching for that next item to eat.

Also, weight loss takes time. I had a meltdown a while back because I was watching my boyfriend drop weight and I stayed the same weight for 4 weeks. It isn't going to come off in a week, and you need to come to terms with that. Just know that every workout you do is not wasted. It IS working, you just need to stick with it and give it time.

What does your diet look like? What kind of working out are you doing? Are you weight training?
celigirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

How weight are you trying to lose?

How much do you weight now?
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote