Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 03:58 PM   #31  

Hello ladies!!!!!!!1

Thanks for inviting me to join you thread Jana. To answer your question about the outfit. The top is backless, fastens at the waist and the neck, it is red and has (as any NASCAR fan will know)white number 8s and Daele Junior's signature on it. Yhe shorts are just red, cotton shorts with a small number 8 on one leg. You haven't had perky ones since the eighties!? I don't think I've ever had perky ones well, maybe when I first started developing breasts.

Well, I'm off to do my evening exercises. Have a great evening everyone!

Mel
Old 06-26-2003, 09:23 PM   #32  
GmaTo8

Welcome Mel!!!

The outfit sounds so cute - I have a certain dress I want to fit into. But I have about 25 more pounds before it will fit. It is navy and white with an inverted V going down the front. Well, I can't describe it very well, but lets just say it is pretty, and I can't wait to be able to wear it. I don't wear dresses much at all anymore, but I will wear this one....

To the others:

BBL,
Jana
Old 06-26-2003, 09:36 PM   #33  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

I just want to be able to find clothes off the rack! As for perky, we can console ourselves with the knowledge that we'll never need earmuffs--we can just tie "the girls" in a bow atop our head.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:36 PM   #34  

Hey Ladies!!

I know what you mean Jana, about not wearing dresses, I hardly ever wear them either, I just hate the way most of them make me look. Alothough, yesterday I wore a short sundress that I haven't wore in years because my butt was WAY TOO BIG. It didn't look too bad, if I do say so myself.

Kat, I was once told, before I started exercising, that I would neve have to worry about my bellybutton getting cold. Of course this came from a very good freind of ours that I had just embarassed, and it is very hard to embarass him.

I got in my morning worhout video today, but only a half an hour doing the home gym thing. My abs are pretty sore today from the video. But since I didn't do the gym for the full time I usually do, hubby and I went for a walk this evening, of course, got drenched by the time we got home because of the rain.

Well, off to bed. Goodnight everyone. Mel
Old 06-27-2003, 10:32 AM   #35  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Kat - as usual, you are TOO FUNNY! I have been known to say my bra is a 42 LONG! Regarding clothes off the rack - I will be so happy on the day my clothes don't have a W after the size...

Mel - what video do you do? I have WATP and since I am SO out of shape, I'm sticking with the 1 mile for now. I sort of hurt my legs while in Disney recently, so I have to be careful.

Elle and Carree - come out and play!!

Girls, I need some advice, please. I buy Iron Kids bread so the whole family will eat it. It has the same amount of fiber as whole wheat, and also has added calcium. Do you think that kind of fiber is as beneficial as the fiber in whole wheat bread?

Later,
Jana
Old 06-27-2003, 11:22 AM   #36  

Good morning ladies!

Jana, the worout video I do is an old one (1992), but it's called "Redbook Workout Series Fat to Firm". It seems to work pretty well, especially on the abs where I need the most attention. As to your question on the bread. Have you checked out how much fat is in each serving? I know some white bread has quite a bit more fat in it then whole wheat does. As far as the fiber goes, I would think fiber is fiber, but I'm not sure, and we all need extra calcium since women lose more calcium than men do.

I went to a used book store in our town yesterday. Have any of you ever heard of "Eat More to Weigh Less"? I'm thinking of trying the diet in it, strictly vegetarian, no meat, no added fat in the cooking. I'm just not sure if it is really all that heathy and don't know if I could stick to it or not, especially when I would stiill have to cook meat for my husband.I have a frien that is a vegan and one of my sisters-in-law is a vegan and while they are both on the slim side neither one either seems to have much energy. Some advice, please?

Buying clothes off the rack will be great. Why do they always make the cutest clothes for the skinny ones? We like to wear cute clothes too!

Haven't done my morning workout yet, so I'm off. Hope everyone has a great FRIDAY. Mel
Old 06-27-2003, 01:26 PM   #37  

Happy friday everyone.

What a beautiful day it is here. The sun is shining, but its not too hot. Ive had a busy day already. I got up early this AM with the hubby, and we went to the gym before I dropped him off at work. Then I took our dog for a swim and a nice long walk. Its nice to be up and out so early. Its cooler, and there are less people out.
Needless to say I have energy to spare now. Im rarin' to go. What a great feeling...especially compared to how lazy Ive been feeling for the last few days.

Jana..as far as the bread, I would have to agree with Mel. I think in bread..fibre is fibre. I would go for the lower fat one too.
We havent picked a name for the new puppy yet. I made the mistake of telling the hubby he could name her. So now shes Rolling Rock...or Molson...or anything beer related. Hes such a goofball.

Hi Mel...and welcome. I have never heard of the "eat more weigh less" plan. But I was reading a book called "lean bodies". Its based on that idea, of upping your calories to train your body to burn fat instead of storing it. It made sense, but they had some people on a 7000 calorie diet. Id blow up like a puffer fish if I ate that much. But the basic principle was good, and helped me to understand that I shouldnt starve myself to lose weight. The trick was eating the right foods. It would be easy to eat 7000 calories worth of junk food, but trying to get in the same amount in healthy foods is a challenge. As far as vegetarianism...my sister is a vegie (hehe) and has been for about 12 years. Shes not vegan, but close to it. She rarely eats cheese, or milk, and no seafood whatsoever. I dont know how she does it, but she is in pretty good shape. I think she eats alot of beans and tofu, and takes supplements, but shes a pretty energetic person.

Thanks for the comments on the puppy. Someone told me she was an ugly dog...so you guys made me feel better. And Kat...I think chinese crested are adorable. They do have this little alien thing going on.

Well, time for me to get at my 'chores' for the day. I figure if I get everything done today, I can relax alllll day tomorrow.

Have a good one everyone.

Michelle
Old 06-27-2003, 04:10 PM   #38  

Hello again eveyone!

Got my workout tape in this morning, even went for a walk afterwards. Just wanted to let you know, I invited a friend to the site and our thread.

Michelle, 7000 calories? Good lord, I would think anyone would be as big as a house on that many calories. I never ate that many and I still got fat. The diet I was reading about is basically a vegetarian diet, so you eat a few more caloried than usual, but a lot less fat. HOw could anybody think that puppy was ugly? She's a cutie. BUt, the poor puppy, saddled with a name like Molson or something like that. We have always waited a few days to name our animals to see what their personalities are like. We didn't do that with our last cat and we should have, he thinks he's a dog. I swear, if he could bark he would.

Time to go to the bank and the store. I'll talk to everyone later. Mel
Old 06-27-2003, 05:51 PM   #39  
Fit and Feisty

Default The Gang's all here!

How great Kat and Jana that you are both losing weight. I hope I can soon add to your success stories.

Elle: I love your new pup! I have two Chihuahuas, and I just love them.

Kat, my DH has pneumonia, and I have been sick for three weeks and coughing for one. Just started on Biaxin tonight. Just can't take it anymore.

Love,
carree
Old 06-27-2003, 07:21 PM   #40  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Kat - Hope you are having a good day, and getting all the rest you need.

Mel - The Iron Kids bread is only 0.5 gr. of fat per slice. So that isn't bad... About the vegan diet, I don't think I could do it. I really, really wish I wasn't a meat eater, but darn it, I am. A long time ago I was going to go vegetarian, but after about 3 days, I started looking at the dog funny. Anything for a burger, lol!!

elle - Who could ever think that sweet little puppy is UGLY?? She's adorable! How about if your DH names her Molson, and you call her Molly for short? About the 7000 calorie diet - maybe that was 7000 for the week, which would be extreme at only 1000 average a day. Just a thought.

Carree - Awww, sweetie, I'm sorry you have been sick. Hope you get better soon! Please just take time to post when you can, okay? We miss you when you are gone.

Well, I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but in addition to the charm bracelet, I have been rewarding myself when mini goals are reached. Actually, it's only been 1 so far. I got a discman for losing 15 pounds. Today I found the neatest thing as a reward for 25 pounds: a beautiful 14 k gold bracelet with rubies and diamonds. It is not gaudy, it's understated, and simply beautiful! The stones are manmade, so it wasn't very expensive, but I just love it! Six and a half more pounds and that baby is MINE!!! It's sitting in a box in my unmentionables drawer right now.

Have a good evening - I better go before my back kills me.

Jana

Last edited by Jana; 06-27-2003 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:07 PM   #41  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

I wear almost nothing BUT skirts and dresses--I find them so much more comfortable than any sort of trousers. I do whatever I need in them, though I will take the back of the skirt and tuck into my front waistband if I find its getting in the way when I'm hiking or rock climbing.

Our kitten (3.5 mo old) is at the vet's for a couple of days having surgery--wish him luck and a speedy recovery. A coydog tried to eat him about a week and half ago, and despite my cleaning out the many bites and taking him to the vet for rabies and antibiotics shots/pills, he got a large abscess on his back. We can get him back on Sunday, but he'll have a large wound on his back that I'll have to care for--good thing I'm not squeamish! It'll have to be left open to drain for a while. Poor kitty.
Old 06-28-2003, 08:11 AM   #42  

Good morning everyone!

I skipped my evening exercises last night, we had to go and mow my father-in-laws lawn. I figure I got my workout in though, I mow about half of it, approx. 1 acre, with the push mower wearing ankle weights.

Jana, you are hysterical. The dog, really?! Aren't you ashamed! I decided to try the veggie diet, so far, so good, but, maybe the hubby should count the pets when he gets home every evening

Kat, the poor kitty, I hope everything is fine with him. Yes, it's a good thing us women aren't squeemish. How else would anything gross get done, a genie perhaps?

Carree, I too hope you and dh start feeling better soon. Get those meds in you girl!

Later, ladies. Mel
Old 06-28-2003, 11:49 AM   #43  

Good Morning Ladies!

I hope everyone so having a good weekend so far.
Im taking mine slow and easy, and so far the only plans I have are a trip to the gym when the hubby gets home.

Mel...a half acre..with leg weights! Wow...you'd have a hard time getting me to just mow let alone wear weights while Im doing it. Not that Im lazy...its more like spoiled...LOL
That makes me sound awful. But I have always lived in apartments, and now that Im in a house I have a teeny little patch of lawn. I have never mowed a lawn. Isnt that terrible?
We are planning within about 5 years to buy some acreage, so Im sure I will be in for a shock.

I used to be what I called a 'hostage vegetarian'. My sister and two roommates were vegetarians. So I never had meat in the house. Not that they would have complained, I just did it as a courtesy to them. So I learned to make alot of great vegetarian dishes. I made the the same foods, just without the meat, and they were all great. I didnt mind not having the meat, and I ate some once in a while when I ate out, but I didnt really miss it. Then when I moved to a place of my own I had steak and burgers every night! (and left the pets alone!) Now...I dont know if I could ever give it up again.

Kat...your poor kitty. I have such a weakness for animals. I cant watch those vet shows on Animal Planet because they always make me cry. I hope she is better soon.

Jana..the bracelet sound beautiful. You are so close to 25 lbs already! I am so happy for you. Doesnt it seem so unacheivable when you look at the whole amount you want to lose, but when you break it down into small manageable goals its totally possible! You are on a roll!

Hi Caree..Im sorry that you and your hubby are so sick. I hope you can get better soon and enjoy the summer. I love chihuahuas! They are so cute. Is that one of them in your AV?

Well, I think we have decided on a name for the puppy. I nixed the beer names, so he went with one that I had suggested. Makena. Its one of my favorite beaches on Maui, where I lived for a year. So its meaningful, and pretty.
We are going to Maui in November for our 2nd anniversary, so soon it will be "our beach" instead of "my beach". I cant wait..its the first time I will have been back since I lived there...and I get to share it all with my sweetie.

Well, I better get off of here before I write you all a novel. (speaking of novels...I got "The Lovely Bones" from the libraray yesterday because you said you liked it so much Jana.)

Have a sunny, healthy and happy day ladies!

Michelle
Old 06-28-2003, 12:39 PM   #44  

Hi guys!

Just a quick note, Michelle, not to toot my own horn but one acre is the part I mow. My husband rows the other acre with a riding mower.

I'm off, got to try to light a fire under the hubby to get him busy. He is such a couch potato anymore on the weekends and evenings, it frives me nuts. I wish I could get him to workout with me so he would have more energy. It's not that he's fat (thin as a rail) or lazy, he works very hard laying block every day. He just doesn't want to do anything when he's not working.

Have a great Saturday! Mel
Old 06-28-2003, 09:35 PM   #45  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

This is the first time I've had ALL DAY to get on line, and I'm just about to go into withdrawal, lol.

Kat - I hope your kitten will be just fine. With YOU caring for it, it's bound to be. Just glad it wasn't the coydog's din-din!

Mel - holy cow, girl! Mowing 1 acre would kill me! That is a real workout, especially with the leg weights on.

Elle - Makena is a beautiful name! Hawaii - I can only dream of ever getting there. Btw - I am not the one who liked The Lovely Bones - it was too sad for me, so I never finished it, but both of my DDs liked it. I think you will, too. But I just kept picturing my daughters at that age, and couldn't take it. I know, I know - I'm a big wussie!!

Well, my nephew went back home today, and it is nice to have the house with no extra people in it. Not that he was any trouble, but you know what I mean.

Then this afternoon, DH dug around to find out why my tall summer phlox weren't coming up, and there were no bulbs left! So we went shopping and bought some new ones. One of the twins went with us, and that was fun.

Tomorrow is weigh in, and I have been good all week, so I am looking forward to it. I had a nsv (non-scale victory) today - I can now button some shirts that I used to wear open with a tank under them!! In this hot weather, one shirt sure feels better than 2.

Later,
Jana
Closed Thread