Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 10:14 AM   #46  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

YAH!! Ive lost 2 of the 6lbs I put on while I was awol!
Old 06-01-2003, 08:23 AM   #47  

Default morning all

well i'm about to go out for a long walk, it's gonna be a beautiful day. Everyone else is just sleeping it away around here. I did my stomache killers (torso track-i call it stomach killers because it seems easy while i'm doing it but 2 days later, well let's just say the name says it all).

anyways, just checking to see how everyone is doing.
Old 06-01-2003, 08:35 AM   #48  
Student of the Hoof

Blah. I'm up a half pound for the week BUT since I took my measurements I've lost inches on my chest, waist, and hips. I pushed the weights pretty hard this week, and I probably will this coming week too. I know that's contributing to the weight gain. Just stay OP and eventually the fat loss will overshadow the muscle gain.
Old 06-01-2003, 05:10 PM   #49  

Hey Raven, any change is a positive change whether or not it is on the scale.

I had a pretty good weekend...stayed within calorie count but the fat....well let's just say, better luck next time. I do not do formal exercise on the weekend, but I did alot of walking around and yard work. Back to the gym on Monday, aerobics, low fat etc., etc.,etc.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:20 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi Gang!

Monday morning reporting in!

Saturday was a lazy day. I drove down to spent it with mom. We messed with the horses some and I had to tour every plant mom has in her yard and garden!! Evidently, mom needed company!

I know this if off topic but I had a really sad moment on Saturday. While down at mom's, a man came over the ham radio asking for dad's call sign - dad passed away last December - and heard someone else come on the air and say that he had gone "silent key". Its really left a heavy feeling in my heart the last couple of days. So I haven't been very rambunctious.

I did finally get outside and work on digging a small trench for installing landscape tubing (evil stuff ). Geez, I thought it would be better than building a border with the landscape stones, which I did last year - boy was I wrong!

This week I'm on vacation. I'm hanging out around home because DH is working part of the week and money is scarce. My plan is do some spring cleaning.

My challenge for the week will be to stay on a food plan and remember to do my regular exercise. Maintaining routine is key!

I intend to post a successful report this evening!
Old 06-02-2003, 10:09 AM   #51  
this time I mean it!!!

S/C/G: 355/336.2/190

Height: 5' 8"

Angry Reporting in....

Well, I guess I did pretty well, although I'm 2.2 pounds higher than Saturday morning.

5/26 Weigh-in: 312.2
6/2 Weigh-in: 306.0

So I'm down 6.2 pounds (of water).

Plan for this week:

Trainer - he's out of town most of the week, so I only get to train with him one day
Cardio - Mon,Tue,Wed,Fri,Sat,Sun, 30 min
Swimming - Mon,Tue,Fri,Sat, min 30 min
Eating - 1500-1800 calories/day
Water - 160 oz/day

Here's to a successful week for all of us!

psm

Last edited by brunissen; 06-02-2003 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-02-2003, 12:30 PM   #52  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello loosers!

Me, down .5 or 1.5 depending on if I weigh the day before the 5k, or the day after.... I'll take the .5 and expect an awesome week next week!

Terri, that must've been a strange thing to hear someone ask for your Dad like that. I'm sorry for your loss.

Sunday my Mom and I did our 3rd 5k for the Heaven Can Wait foundation to benefit breast cancer. We signed up a week before my Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. A little surreal to now walk this as a member of that sisterhood versus the last 2 years walking it as an "outsider". Everyone was wonderful, supportive, encouraging and welcoming to us. How many calories does crying burn???

This week - water, water, WATER. Brunissen, you've motivated me.

General Punkin
Old 06-03-2003, 10:20 AM   #53  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hey all........I did great all weekend, but had to test the homemade rhubarb pie last night. and you know, you cant have hot pie without icecream

All in all, I think Im doing alright, got 2 of the 6 lbs off that I put on during my binge. So here's to a great week!!

Robin
Old 06-03-2003, 11:16 AM   #54  

Tuesday a.m. weigh in for me and am happy to report a 1lb loss - down to 185 and have hit the 10% weight loss goal since start in January! Yippee!!

I am really enjoying going to the gym every week day now, although it is hard work. I still do the aerobics on Monday and Thursday night, too. Still working on the eating thing. Calories are fine, but it is finding the right balance. Anyway, we continue on.....

Terri, I can totally relate. Even though I lost my dad 6 years ago, every once in a while, something will come up that will be bring his memory in to the fore front again. It is very difficult, but I always think that maybe it is him letting me know that all is okay. Sounds a bit deep, but it helps me get through it.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:30 AM   #55  
Is it Friday yet?

Water is the wonder "drug"! I'm convinced of it...

Today, more water!

Simcoe - I think it's a sign for sure! Around the 3 year anniversary of my Grandma's passing - enough time had passed so she wasn't a constant thought anymore, you know? I started to notice the date April 4th on *everything*. It was a Wednesday that year, smack in the middle of the week - but the blood drives, the book mobile visit, my dentist appointment, the due date on a couple bills, etc... I was seeing that date everywhere and it was freaky. Then it dawned on me that April 4th was my Grandma's birthday. Hello Grandma!

Onward and downward!

Terri
Old 06-03-2003, 12:31 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hello gang!

I'm here to report that yesterday went well in spite of the rain most of the day kind of day.

I made myself do 28 minutes on the spinner yesterday while watching Dr. Phil's show on being overweight. I couldn't wuss out in front of him! Later on I took the dog for a 40 minute walk. And kept food within point range!! Woohoo!

Today, its cool and gray. These are the kind of days where I get depressed and blah - especially when I'm home on vacation. Boo! But I haven't gone on an eating binge even if it does cross my mind occassionally. I'll have tuna for lunch. For breakfast, I had a small glass of soymilk, banana, and a yogurt. Tonight, I'm making a pizza. This is homemade crust from scratch even! The topping is roma tomatoes, mozarrella, and basil. I can't hardly wait!

I will try for 30 minutes on the spinner and walk the dog 40 tonight.

Look at all the successful things we are accomplishing.

Congrats to those who are losing! Congrats to those sticking to their exercise goals!!!

Punkinseed - Good job on the 5k. That had to be so emotional. You and your mom are in our prayers.

Let's keep kicking butt!!
Old 06-03-2003, 01:13 PM   #57  
this time I mean it!!!

Default monday's report...

I did fairly well on Monday....

Went a little over on calories - but I wasn't eating junk so I'm going to go easy on myself for it. I didn't make it to the gym - by the time I got home, I was too hot and too tired, so I spent the evening relaxing. I am going to do my cardio today at lunch, then I plan to swim tonight - at least 30 minutes! I did GREAT on the water yesterday - it definitely makes a I do need to get my butt to the grocery store (I HATE grocery shopping) because the cupboards are almost bare enough that I'll be resorting to fast food for lunch

psm
Old 06-04-2003, 08:10 AM   #58  

Default morning all

i was kind of depressed at the beginning of the week! first of all i was up a 1/2 pound......ok so i wasn't perfect last week, didn't stick to my low carb plan, and didn't get the exercise in i planned......blah, blah, blah.

anyways, i've been on plan the last few days. i've had plenty of water, been real good on my food plan and even got in exercise (including 2 hours of mowing lawn.....yuck). so the good news is i'm down 3.5lbs. from my starting weight (or 4 since monday)
Old 06-04-2003, 11:01 AM   #59  

Happy dance for No Way But Up Way to go!!
Old 06-04-2003, 11:19 AM   #60  
this time I mean it!!!

Way to go "no_way"!!

I did okay yesterday, I did my cardio at lunch, and was feeling really good when I got back to work - until I was accosted by a piece of white birthday cake! It's not that I was "bad" for having one piece, but I felt all gross and sugared up all afternoon after eating it!

Plan for today - working out with the evil trainer tonight, going to be careful at lunch today - a friend is taking me out, so I'm going to try and eat within my food plan. And as usual, water, water water!

psm
Closed Thread