Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #421  

S/C/G: 285/249.6/175

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Everyone

Well I am back to 3FC after being gone for about a year and am so excited to be here. I am new to this part of the forum all together but this looks like a great place to be accountable for my days and get the support I enjoyed so much last time I was on this site. So a real quick one about me: Last year I started my weight loss journey at 285lbs through healthy eating and exercise I got down to 233 and was feeling great. So what happened, well just life in general, got a new job (which I LOVE) had some stress with juggling work and having a 3 year old to care for, my hubby started working all kinds of crazy hours. So I started to fall back into old habits. Fast food, eating crazy fatty snacks right before bed, stopped going to the gym... BLAH BLAH BLAH LOL On Monday I decided to weigh myself for the first time in MONTHS and I honestly was not surprised to see I was back up to 278.5lbs so now I am motivated to drop all the regained weight and bust past the 233 I made it down to last year.
It usually takes me a good week or so to get back into eating healthy. I get horrible withdraw from cutting out alot of the bad things I became custom to eating again, but I think the worst is over. I will call yesterday a success. Even though I started out my day at IHOP and god only knows how many calories I ate then, I ate amazingly well the rest of the day and no headache or withdraw feelings by bedtime.

So here is what my day looked like yesterday:
Re-Start Weight 4/22/13: 278.5
Current Weight: 270
Breakfast: IHOP Bacon mushroom cheese omelet and wheat toast ~ Cal: unknown (I am sure I could figure it out but not worth my time, I know it's ALOT)
Lunch: Low Cal Wheat bread with pastrami and mustard ~ Cal: 150
Dinner: Fajita Salad (all lean Beef and veggies) ~ Cal 270
Snack ~ Apple slices ~ Cal 90
suzukigurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #422  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

suzukigurl - Welcome back! Honestly, that omelet was probably over 1000 calories. Have you tried using MyFitnessPal? Its a free app for smartphones. Makes calorie counting a lot easier.

Last edited by Psychic; 04-25-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #423  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Alaskan That ceremony sounds very cool. What a privilege to be a part of!

Diana I've had days like that too. I was in such denial about what I looked like at my heaviest, I never felt as badly about myself as I sometimes do now. I have to look at the tags on my clothes to remind myself I am smaller, because I'm feeling really really fat lately. Stupid stall!

I didn't help the stall yesterday - we had pizza for my nephew's birthday and then went for supper for a good friend's birthday. I was moderate on the alcohol but not so much on the cheese. A quick tally in my head has me over 3000 calories for the day. So not a surprise to see a water jump today. Did get up and go swimming this morning with a friend though, so that helped. Still haven't had a chance to do my dvd. Maybe I'll get through it this weekend.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #424  

S/C/G: 285/249.6/175

Height: 5'7"

Psychic ~ Thanks for the welcome!!! Oh no doubt about it, I am sure it was well over 1000 calories, I do have MyFitnessPal on my phone and did use it to find out calories from time to time. I really do want to see if utilizing it instead of my paper food journal is helpful since I have heard some really great things about it!
suzukigurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #425  

S/C/G: Not Moving/In Training/Ironman

Height: 5'6

Welcome back suzukigurl! I am right there with you. Originally started at 269, dropped down to 190, and now I'm back up to 252. I'm ready to blow right past that 190 to my UGW of 169. Oh yeh. Back on the wagon three days now and it feels good. I know I'll soon loose track of the days, but for now it is important.

Yesterday I did pretty darn good, though I did exceed my calorie goal of 1500. I got up a little over 1700, but it was all pretty healthy food. The main thing was I was SO hungry after work I had two snacks, and then I didn't have dinner until almost 8PM. I did workout (33 minutes on the elliptical + 50 crunches = ~410 calories)

Today is going to be EVEN BETTER! Oh yeh! Got up at 4:45 AM and dragged myself to a spin class! Then a few minutes arm weights and 50 crunches. Worked my booty off! My calorie goal for the day is 1500-1700, since I worked out so hard this morning.

So, today is my Friday at work, and hope you don't mind I'd like to lay out my plan for the weekend since I may not get to check in until Monday.

Potential stress this weekend: Trying to find a rental house to move into within the next month, and I'm throwing a surprise b-day party for my boyfriend this Saturday. The plan is:

FRIDAY:
Exercise: Going to hit the gym hard with 15 Minute Leg Wegiths, 33 Min Elliptical, 50 Crunches, and maybe a Zumba class?
Calories: 1300 - 1500

SATURDAY:
Rest day. Might do some hiking?
Calories: 1600 - 1800 (I'm upping the goal, because I know I'll be eating some extra stuff at the bday party.

SUNDAY:
Exercise: TriDay - 20 Minute Bike, 20 Minute Elliptical, 20 Minute Swim
Calories: 1300-1500 (cuz I will have probably carb loaded the day before.

Eek, makes me nervous, but I'm excited too!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
100Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #426  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Diana I sure hope all goes well with the house.

RadioJane I was in some major denial myself. My dd and I found some old pics,I'm guessing I was more than 300, just never documented. I was already sick when I saw the multitudes of doctors so can't say for sure how high, but the pictures shocked the heck out of us. Very sobering though, kinda motivating me to hang in there. Since losing this is the longest in one size. Got to remind myself they are smaller AND I'm able to walk, we were remodeling our house for a wheel chair when we found out I was slowly dying. It really is relative, even moving slowly is moving. I know it's hard and some days words are words, but every day you make an effort for yourself, you become your own super hero and you should be very proud of yourself and all you've accomplished thus far and determine to keep fighting for yourself because you are worth every effort.

Ian. Yay for the sneaks. It took me a year to find the right pair, but what a difference.

I went for 70min walk, burning 400 let's hope that help...tomorrow more blood. My fingers are crossed.

Last edited by mamakat; 04-25-2013 at 12:36 PM.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #427  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Best make this quick as I have a retreat to go to in 20 minutes and then a happy hour this evening. Down 1lb today at last! Also went to the gym with my colleague for the first time which was awesome. Did lots of weights. I now need to keep it up and I hope to go almost daily before work which will require getting up early.

Anyway, food for today:

Breakfast: 2 coffees, milk no sugar.
1 open raw mushroom sandwich with mayo lite.

Lunch: Medium/large salad (1.5lbs) - cottage cheese, egg, lettuce, tuna, mushrooms, olives, chick peas, carrot, radish, onion, corn, edame beans, jalepeno, black beans, tomato, cucumber, squash.

Dinner: Beer at the happy hour. Shots? Beer-shots perhaps? Who knows.

Don't count calories. Can't count.

Exercise: Walked half an hour to work in the lovely weather. Will walk half an hour home again. Did one hour at the gym lifting weights.

Hope I can lose again tomorrow. And get to the gym even if hungover!

Last edited by IanG; 04-25-2013 at 01:35 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #428  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzukigurl View Post
I really do want to see if utilizing it instead of my paper food journal is helpful since I have heard some really great things about it!
I started with pen and paper when I started counting calories. I've discovered that MFP is very user friendly and has almost everything on it, including generics. I love the barcode scanner that pulls all the nutritional information.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #429  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

I read labels and use a paper food journal....because I get so frustrated with apps n stuff because the info that I find never seems to match what i'm seeing in front of me on a label...so it's easier for me to write down what I know to be true from the labels in front of me and to google information for what I don't have a label for

from the native canoe ceremony yesterday, we made the front page of the newspaper!! www.juneauempire.com to see it....there's even a picture of me somewhere in the slideshow, a girl in a pink raincoat standing behind a native man, orange coat, holding a paddle (that's cousin Eli)...and in the picture I look...not fat(?) I don't want to say skinny but at least, not fat??

it's pouring buckets of rain today and I was exhausted this morning...dragged my butt to work and then cleaned the house...fell asleep in my chair while killing time before the gym and then didn't want to wake up to go to the gym LOL but I made myself go and I had a good hard workout...DH comes home tonight yay!!
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #430  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

You definitely do not look fat. It does however, look COLD!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #431  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi all... just racing through quickly again! I see we have some newbies... welcome!

Yikes, tomorrow is my last day at work before the surgery. Time to start the last minute cleaning and organizing, etc. It is hard to believe this is really happening LOL.

Take care everyone. I am reading all your posts even though I can't take time to respond more personally.

And Alaskan... you are right... you do NOT look fat!

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 04-25-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #432  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

The meeting with the real estate agent went well and I like him. Hopefully it stays that way. I am tired of the stress and want things to go smoothly.

Diane Are the sugar snap peas at Costco organic? I know they carry some organic produce there. I love that Debra Mazda workout. I have it, too. Yes, take care with that knee, you don't want any future problems.

Magical I tend to eat a lot of veggies to fill up. Of course I would prefer to fill up on other foods. KWIM? I hope you had a good day.

Candace Today is a new day. How did it go for you?

Psychic Was it the red peppers in the Napa Chicken entree that you don't like? That's the only thing that's red. http://www.applebees.com/menu/under-...---portobellos

Lumia Oh, but the wine and the eating machine is fun! Those were good times. What is the season there? It sounds like everyone is coming out for Spring.

Suzukigurl Welcome back!

Radio Good job on getting that swim in. Did you get a chance to try out the DVD? I know you have a kettlebell. Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper both have kettlebell workouts:
http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...h-weights-5875
http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...pted-body-5968

100Mother Great job hitting the gym first thing in the morning and for making a plan for the weekend! That's the way to do it!

Mamkat Great job on that walk. Is it still Sunny and warm there? Are you still using the light box?

Ian Good workout and meal plan.

Alaskanlaughter I saw you! You definitely are NOT fat. Looking good!

Misti Enjoy your last day of work (for a while).
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #433  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1490 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (710 Calories)
Pasta e Fagioli 130 Calories
Venetian Apricot Chicken 400 Calories
Yogurt 100 calories
Apple 80 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:11 AM   #434  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

OMG, Misti--that close?! SO exciting!!
I thought of you today--I saw a plastic surgeon, and now I'm getting something done, too!
For years, I've been wanting a brow lift, and, while losing weight helped everything else, it only made that worse. And it may also have led to the "marionette" lines someone else started a thread on, and called "rubber face."
Unbelievably, the amazing surgeon who is my first choice gave me a price I can afford--AND a possible opening in less than a month!! I'm so excited. I can't wait to hear back on yours first, and your recovery!!
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:33 AM   #435  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hungry, what wonderful news! I am happy for you. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

Yes, my surgery is at 8 AM Monday morning... yikes!! LOL I still will not believe it until I see it ha ha
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote