Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 190.8/see sig/<165

Height: 5 ft 11

Hi all. I had an incredibly low weigh in this morning. 183.0! Thats a two pound drop from yesterday. And what perplexes me is that I ate late last night. Like a bag of smart pop popcorn and two ounces of sliced cheese at 1 in the morning. So there is a half marathon I run every year. This will be my seventh year to do it. My goal is to run it 10 times in a row. Anyways I am heavier than ever and not in very good shape. So this year is just about completing the run, not worried about time or even running. I am perfectly fine with being an hour behind my best time, and I am fine with walking every step if I need to. I feel that this time in my life I need to focus on weight loss, not on my running speed and endurance. I know I can't keep restricting calories like I have been and be able to get my body ready to run at its best. Bodies need good fuel for that. And while my body is getting quality fuel, it's not really getting enough to be trying for my best time. So I'm focusing on weight loss, and while I have been running since its so good for weight loss, I havent been eating the bigger carb loaded meals in preparation for long runs like I would in the past. But so that I dont rue the day and find myself miserable after the race I am still planning on doing the distances, just walk as much as I need to.

So yesterday, with one of my best friends, who is also doing the race and also just planning to take it easy and walk as needed, we hiked the steepest miles of the race, it had 2300 feet of elevation gain in 5.5 miles. Then we jogged back down hill. I did not plan accordingly and was so light headed from not having enough food. Then I had to rush to work and had to train so I didnt get a chance to eat until kinda late. I only had like 850 calories when I got home from work so I broke a few rules. Did both eating and had a glass of wine late at night. I was higher on calories with the wine and cheese, but with all the calories I burned doing 11 miles was still like 600 under my net calories for 1600. So this time I'm counting the exercise calories and calling it OP day number 5. I wonder if the weirdly low weight is from all the exercise yesterday?

Anyways that was a long winded way of saying. OP mini goal met! 5 days in a row OP!! My next goal is 2 weeks on plan. So with 5 down I have 9 more days to go and I'll be getting to report a mini goal number 2 met!

*If anyone thinks I'm kinda cheating to call it on plan when I actually did consume more that 1600 calories yesterday, and with eating that late at night, I do want to hear it. I dont want to make excuses for myself or cheat to say its an OP. If you guys had a day where you burned that many calories would you allow some to be eaten back?

Silversky- Mmmmm garlic bread. I would be drooling instead of sick from that smell. I'm sorry it made you ill though. thats no fun at all.

alaskan- I wonder if this is sick, but I have found myself kinda liking the hungry feeling when going to bed. I think maybe it will help me see the scale drop the next morning. Good luck on your busy day.

MzJuicy- Awesome. 500 calories rocks. That once a day is a pound burned off in a week!

Psychic- Maybe from the snow shoveling? Being bent over while having to keep your head up? I heard about all the crazy storms. Our mountains got snow here where I live, but here in our little valley its pretty typical spring weather.

Misti- Hi! Glad you found it. I often do the "new posts" because I like to see if any new interesting topics have popped up recently. So I found it pretty quick that way. In fact I dont htink I have subscribed to this second part yet.

Diana- I hope you get everything worked out quickly and feel your best soon.

Hungryhungryhippo- Oooo that's something I really cant wait for. I hope to be looking like I lost weight by a friends late summer wedding. One so I'm not by far the fattest bridesmaid, and two because while I love her dearly and she has many good qualites, she is very blunt and maybe a bit judgemental. When she lived closer and we hung out alot she would be one to make comments about my saying I needed to lose weight and "why don't I do it" kinda stuff. It felt as if she didn't believe me capable of going through. So I would love her to see that I am capable and did do so! And maybe I was being too sensitive and her comments werent meant like that. But its fun to think of seeing someone who hasnt seen you in a long time seeing you much smaller .

Last edited by wannaBfitnessbuff; 03-26-2013 at 01:32 PM.
wannaBfitnessbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #77  
banned

Height: 5'3

Oh, I love garlic bread, but I'd just ate a whole cheese pizza, so the smell of anything remotely resembling Italian food made me nauseous.
Silver Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #78  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Scale seems to have magically fixed itself... either that or my bf was playing with it. I've already ordered a new one anyway, but it's nice to not have to wait. 314.0 today. I'm not convinced that's an accurate weight though, not with how gassy and gross I feel. I also had way more carbs yesterday than I generally do. Oh well.. I'll take it. My worst nightmare will be if the new scale gets here and it turns out I'm 20 pounds heavier than I think I am!

Yesterday Calories In:1919
Cheddar Cheese
Almonds
Eggs scrambled with cut veggies
Farmer Sausage
Oreo Icecream sandwhich
bunless chicken burger

Yesterday Calories Out:768
Swimming
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #79  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

wannaB I like that I sleep much better on an empty tummy...I also had VERY lifelike dreams last night which is okay...however for me an empty stomach at night doesn't translate into a loss in the morning, which is odd...I actually have put away my scale until May 1st because I want to focus on my eating and finding strategies to stay within my calorie limits, instead of using the scale as an excuse to eat more ("well the scale still hasn't shown a gain, so I can eat even more today"...that kind of thinking)

i'm also too lazy to get back out of bed when i'm hungry and go eat something...usually i'm exhausted and the house is very cold and i'm far too lazy to go all the way to the kitchen just for food lol

Last edited by alaskanlaughter; 03-26-2013 at 05:20 PM.
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #80  
banned

Height: 5'3

Today's caloric intake:

1 7-Eleven chocolate-chocolate chip muffin: 600 calories
6 servings of Spicy Buffalo Wheat Thins: 840 calories

Total calories: 1440
Silver Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #81  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
I thought I had posted a link to the new thread in the one I closed, but for the life of me, I cannot find it now. Maybe it's too early for me to be able to see. Maybe I forgot to post it.
Well, I thought maybe I was "losing it" LOL but went back to check and still did not find a link. I wonder if there are others who don't know where everyone disappeared to?
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #82  

Height: 5'8.5"

WannaB, that is how I found the thread.... I was reading "Today's Posts" and found it.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 03-26-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #83  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I'm not going to do personals tonight. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

I just got home. DH and I went out to my Mom's house. I had put aside a bunch of stuff that DH can use in the kitchen at the farm. We picked up the stuff and took it to the farm. That was a major drive!

I wanted something a little different tonight for dinner. I decided to go to Chipotle. I planned my food ahead and even printed it out. I didn't even want to be tempted when I got in there. I literally pulled out the paper and read it to them. I didn't even want to look at other options. I could dig into a big burrito. The calories and even sodium was good. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Honey Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
3 soft corn tacos with chicken/extra chicken/cheese/lettuce/extra lettuce 700 calories

Exercise:
JM's 30 DS Day 7 Level 3 w/#5's
KCM's 30 MTF Cardio Quick Fix (premix: both workouts)
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:43 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

Well the 150.0 saga continues. I am firmly in PMS week and am scheduled for TOM on April 1st, so I am thinking that I am done losing weight for this month.

Le sigh.

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking 5.5 lbs is about all I'm gonna wring out of March. Don't get me wrong, I know that isn't horrible, but I had an 8 lb lost last month and I had my heart set on at least ending the month in the 140s.

Whatever shall be, shall be, and I'm in no way despaired to the point of frustration, but just at those moments where I'm really ready to see a move on the scale and haven't for a week or so, and now looking at not losing any for the next two weeks.

That's a big dry spell there pardner

I did eat 2000 calories yesterday, but it was a planned higher calorie day. I didn't plan the actual food out, just planned to cycle in more calories. Most of the calories were derived from 3 chicken tenders, french fries, and a biscuit with honey from Bojangles

Today I am hitting 1100 so that is about what I have been at for the last month or so. Only negative right now, is that if I get still, or have any type of 'big' meal, I have a hard time staying awake.

I don't have trouble working or anything like that, but if I get still I'm sleepy.

Oh well, not the worst issue to have I suppose.
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:27 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Misti – I was wondering where you were!!

WannaB – I love your attitude on the ½ marathon! Damn, that sounds like a steep hike!

SilverSky – You totally crack me up—and I respect your practicality!! There are as many weight-loss menus as there are people, and yours seems to be working! :-)
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:31 AM   #86  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

the hives seem to be slowlyyyy fading...it was VERY odd...they started as hives and then kind of looked like burns...wth? ...and a little itchy but when i scratched them it burned and stung instead of feeling good...they are finally starting to go away and i'm not even sure what caused them....i stopped taking fish oil because that was the only remotely different thing that i'd done that could possibly have caused it and i decided that, since i tested allergic to lobster, that perhaps the fish oil was connected...the fading hives are still itchy and easier to scratch (not burning/stinging much anymore)...however they are leaving big discoloration where they were, almost like big bruises...i assume that too will fade eventually...ive had these for over 3 weeks now...weirdest thing i've ever had
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:15 AM   #87  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 161.4
Down: .2
Old 03-27-2013, 07:22 AM   #88  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Yesterday's Calories: 1716

Didn't weight myself today. I feel bloated. Went to dinner with my boyfriend last night. Had a 7 oz. sirloin, mashed potatoes, and rice. I should have at least swapped out the rice for veggies, but I didn't. Next time, I will.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

Another night of waking up after 5 hours of sleep and not being able to doze back off.

I can't decide whether this is good or bad. On the one hand, I do take melatonin, so usually when I can sleep for 6 hours with that, it is the perfect amount for me. I feel refreshed, and don't spend the day with a sleep hangover.
So, five hours is not THAT different, and I may well be getting enough rest.

When I wake up, I wake up fully and absolutely unable to go back to sleep.

However, I have been getting sleepy during the day, especially if I consume a meal of any quantity. I can't decide if that is caused by sleep deprivation, or reducing my calories and my body kicking into conservation mode.

I am at 151.0 this am. That's 11 days in a row at the 150/151 thing and I'm due to start TOM in 4 days now. I remember as a teenager my lowest weight day of the month was always the first day of TOM. I had no idea why (and still don't) but it was that way until I hit about 20 y/o. Then it started cycling the same way everyone else does, where my weight is higher with retained water.

I am in my genuine hungry days, where I go to bed hungry, wake up hungry and am hungry all the hours in between. Mentally that is always a tough fight, and I'm so glad that it isn't constantly like this. I become obsessive about diet, simply b/c I am obsessing about food! Probably made worse b/c of eating less and thereby having fewer nutrients built up for my body to use.

I guess I need to start taking multi-vitamins and some do some supplementing.

Anyone want to share this daily vitamin dosages with me? Anything that really helps with this? I've been reading what Alaskan and Diana have been taking, would that help something like this girls?

Last edited by Katydid77; 03-27-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #90  
Trying to live below 200

Katydid I wouldn't go the route of Inositol unless you have a true issue with OCD. Is this a recent issue with you? I have struggled with OCD in a particular area of my life since I was a very young child. I did some research about this and found out about Inositol helping with this issue. I started taking it a couple years ago and it has really helped me with this particular issue with OCD that I have been dealing with. (I want to note that I had issues with angio edema prior to taking the Inositol, so those two are not related) Of course you can try the Inositol to see if it helps, but I would try to work through it without adding something. There is nothing wrong with taking a good multivitamin. Here are some good options:
http://www.vitacost.com/productresul...SoldQuantity|1

ETA: I'm not sure if there are any studies on taking Inositol and food related OCD issues. My OCD issue, that I am taking the Inositol for, is not food related. I wonder if the Inositol has helped me with food? I am amazed that I have been able to stay on track with all of the stress, thyroid issues, and angio edema that I have dealt with in the last year.

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-27-2013 at 09:50 AM.