Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #1  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Feeling a little lost

I just have to get this off my chest. The last few days have been awful when it comes to dieting. I'm just feeling hungry all the time. If I see food, I wanna eat it. I don't know where it comes from...I haven't deprived myself of anything, my meals are the same as they have been since I started, fairly balanced, and I drink a lot of water. It's getting really hard to stay on the wagon and I feel like I could fall off any time. I have always been the type to eat when I'm bored, so I was thinking that might be it. I'm trying to stay busy to avoid it but it doesn't seem to help. I hate this feeling more than anything, I'm scared I'm going to fail completely.... I really needed to get this out.
Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Deep breath. I think most of us have had days like that, weeks like that even.

Could it be TOM related? If not maybe you just need a few days with higher calories to kind of reset yourself, even if it's just a mental reset! There is something to the leptin levels after long term dieting. But let's say that's not it, let's say it's just as simple as you're just bored and eating more, so do for a couple days and get back to it! Feel free to message me if you need extra support!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #3  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

Thank you for a great answer

It could be TOM related. Not expecting it for another week or so, but the "symptoms" seem to be different each month now. Maybe I'll just see how it goes, and if it doesn't pass soon I'll take a little break for a couple of days..
Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #4  

I have days that I am so *starving* I could eat anything in sight, other days it seems like regular food is just enough or even a bit much (but I have a minimum I have to eat on my plan and I do that every day no matter what for the nutrition).

On days I could eat anything in sight, I fill myself up with extra veggies and try to cut them in pieces so it's multiple, drawn out eating (if that makes sense). Carrots, red or green peppers, and celery cut into sticks (not those yucky slimy baby carrots!), slices of zucchini baked with a bit of tomato sauce and cheese like little pizzas (the cheese is almost neglible in calories as the rounds are so small so it's not "real" unhealthy), baked chick peas, baked kale chips, so many things! I like high volume, low calorie snacks. I like to crunch when I eat and most of these items take away that urge.

This feeling you have will pass and you will get back on track and follow your plan. It just stinks when we are going through it. I just do all that I can not to self-sabotage myself as I don't want the regrets (or the pounds) later on.

Posting here was a great thing for you to do, that means you really care about staying on your plan!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:34 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4

You mentioned that your meals are the same as they have been since you started... are you perhaps just bored of the food itself? Maybe just looking up some new recipes or even just substituting one ingredient, spice blend, or component of your meal can give you a bit of a renewed sense of dedication.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #6  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Stay calm, deep breaths. I don't think what you're feeling is at all abnormal. I've been at this for 4 years and I still feel this way pretty often. FWIW, I'm also a bored eater and a stress eater and just an eater for eating's sake.

What helps me is to stay hydrated; if my belly is full of water (plain or spiced with cucumber or lemon and mint) or tea, it's hard to be hungry. Or I write out a meal plan in advance and stick to eat like it's my job. Or I might go into maintenance mode (upping my calories) for a few days (although for me, doing this has lapsed into 9+ months of maintenance at the same weight before I felt ready to push again).

This journey is tough and for me at least, there's been no magic mind change where I suddenly love all veggies and lean meats all the time for every meal. Sometimes, I just want to face plant into a sea of fried chicken when I pass the KFC or eat a whole pan of freshly-baked brownies. I just try to talk myself off the ledge and try to take it one meal at a time. I've found this journey has involved a lot of white-knuckling till I get to the good days as well. Just stick to it, stay committed and you'll make it.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote