Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #16  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Several years ago I lost a significant amount of weight and was in the 190s. According to the charts, my BMI "should" have been in the obese range at 32. But I had it calculated by a fitness trainer using this hand-held thingy and it was actually within a few points of normal, like about 25ish. So, I've set my goal at 175 and when I get there I'll recheck my BMI and see how I feel and what size I'm in. My "ideal weight" - 140 - just seems way too low to me.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #17  

My comments were strictly about me and only my experience about myself in response to the OP. Everyone's goals are personal, including mine saying 199 is skinny TO ME. I don't expect anyone to understand that 199 on my body really is skinny after all I have put myself through.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #18  

Height: 5'2"

My goal weight is about 20 pounds heavier than my skinniest ever weight. To be honest I wish I could maintain my lowest weight forever, I looked great! But I was also a 16-year-old athlete and I had an easier time maintaining a little heavier weight without torturing myself, and I still looked pretty darn good.

My sweetheart has set his goal weight for 210. I think he's adorable now and I will think he's adorable no matter where his weight ends up.
HelloNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:33 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 302/234/175ish

Height: 5'7"

I also have a higher goal weight! Really, I don't 100% know what my goal weight is. I do know that I want to be under 200. I'm thinking 175-180 ish, though it'll definitely depend on how I feel about my body. I've never been one to wish I were a size 2 and I don't have a problem with having curves. I think I'd like to be a size 12, maybe 14. Currently I'm just working my way into a size 18. Time will tell, but I'm certainly not aiming for super skinny-ness. I just want to be healthy and feel good! And for me, health isn't a BMI number. It's feeling healthy, living a healthy lifestyle, exercising, eating clean, and going to the doctor and knowing that I don't have any health problems.

Last edited by yammy; 02-02-2013 at 11:41 PM.
yammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:05 AM   #20  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

My goal's set at 150, but I know that I may end somewhere between 160-170. My friends always joke that I'm built like a linebacker, but honestly they're not that far off. I once had to make a special trip to a different hospital when I tore my rotator cuff for an MRI because my shoulders are so broad! I might add that I was about 190 at the time so it wasn't because I couldn't fit due to my weight. In college I was very big into competitive power lifting and could bench 275lbs. and squat just shy of 400lbs., so I know I may never be the "ideal" BMI weight just because of how muscular I get when I work out. I'm not talking veiny, bulgy grossness, but definition (too many women have the misconception that women will get all gross looking if they lift too much)... As long as you feel good, then go for the weight you think is best! I'm glad to see someone else who isn't aiming for tiny numbers!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:07 AM   #21  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

My goal is to fit into non-plus sized clothing. I have no idea what the number on the scale will be when that happens, though.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:18 AM   #22  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryQuinn View Post
too each their own. im 209 and your height (op) and at 180 im still quite fat (like MEGA fat). and i dont mean pant size wise cause im about a 10 now (9-11 and probably 7-8 at 180) just in general im still quite very fat at 180 despite my fitness level and even weight distribution. so id never stop at 180. im still quite fat at 150-160 even. but thats me. I know girls my height that are perfectly flat and perfect at 160-180 too. Bodies are very different. i dont think its fair to think women who go below that 'lose their curves'. i dont, many women are still curvascious at a lower weight. its what best suits YOU not someone else. I dont think generalizations are fair to larger women or smaller women. What you find attractive is personal but generalizations are unfair. Theres a diff between 'curvy' and heavier too. just saying this cause some girls equate them as the same. You can be a size 6 and have more curves than a size 16. Its not one in the same. I'm not saying I disagree with anyones gw, just that ppl seem to be equating holding onto more weight as holding onto curves as tho smaller women dont have a feminine shape lol I know far more shapeless large women than shapeless small women. It just varies body to body so unless youve been a weight before you have no idea where you will be happy at and what you look like then. Do whats best for you and your health not some false fear of curve loss :P when youre happy with it youre happy with it
Yeah I have to agree with you here. Thin women aren't shapeless. I'm a size 00/0 and I'm curvy! I always get annoyed when I see people putting down size 0 or thin women or that stupid campaign to end size 0.

Women shouldn't be made to feel bad about their size just to make others feel better.

For the record, I don't disagree with anyone's goal weights either. Wherever anyone choose to end up is their decision. It's just not ok to say that one body type is more attractive than the other.

Last edited by sontaikle; 02-03-2013 at 12:25 AM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:47 AM   #23  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

Wow! This topic really hit home with me Renwomin. I'm 204 pounds but I'm an hourglass with a smaller waist leaning towards pear and I have muscular legs/calves. People are always shocked when I tell them I weight 200+ most assume I'm 160 from how I look. My BMI says I need to lose 50 pounds for my height. When I did my body measurements though and waist to hip ratio etc. to calculate bodyfat it said I was not overweight but normal range. I have always had a skewed view of myself thinking I'm bigger than I am and people always tell me I look like I have no more than 10 pounds to lose --- mostly to flatten my tummy more. So yes I don't plan to lose more than 20 pounds. Everyone has fat distributed in different ways -- some people are rectangles, some triangles, some pears, some hourglass etc. and they have different ideal goal weights.
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:37 AM   #24  

S/C/G: See ticker!

Height: 5'0

I would like to be at least 120-125 to get to a healthy BMI (and that's the higher end, but I have a large frame and my weight is also really even), but I'm totally prepared to call it at 150 if I feel good and my body doesn't want to lose anymore without extreme measures. I'm also a fan of curves! Looking something like Sara Ramirez (Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy) would be perfect to me!
Samantha18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:00 AM   #25  
Empress/Queen

Smile

This is really what I was trying to say in my previous post, but this says it better.

Blessings, hope everyone has a great rest if the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
Yeah I have to agree with you here. Thin women aren't shapeless. I'm a size 00/0 and I'm curvy! I always get annoyed when I see people putting down size 0 or thin women or that stupid campaign to end size 0.

Women shouldn't be made to feel bad about their size just to make others feel better.

For the record, I don't disagree with anyone's goal weights either. Wherever anyone choose to end up is their decision. It's just not ok to say that one body type is more attractive than the other.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 02-03-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 219/209/180

Height: 5'7

I totally get what you are saying about a higher goal weight. I have been thick to FAT all my life. The lowest weight I ever managed to get to was 170 and I looked sickly. So my goal is 180. At this point in my life (I'm 43) I am striving to be healthy. I have mistreated my body over the years with weight gain and weight loss so badly that I don't think I will ever have that "flat tummy" again. but if I can get to healthy weight and prolong my life by a few years then I'm good!!! Best of luck to everyone on the thread - irregardless of you shape or size or weight goal!
kjnnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #27  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Good luck to everyone, regardless of goal weight. Where ever you feel comfortable is best, particularly since everyone carries weight differently and many can look thinner at higher weights. (Though I'll admit to being jealous of people who can )

Cherryquinn: Are we the same person? I wore size 7/8 pants at 180 and I had a few friends actually demand to let them check my tags and step on a scale for them because I was a very chubby (albeit very athletic) 180 lb person. I thought it was pretty normal, but it seems like a lot of people are in double digit pant sizes at my height when around 180. It must just be that I have no butt...

...which leads me to part two, wherein you were discussing how smaller women can have curves. I think I've actually gotten considerably curvier since losing weight. Before I was just (to quote Christmas on Sesame Street) "built like a dump truck." Lots of muscle under lots of fat, which, paired with short hair, sometimes left me being mistaken for a dude from behind. I'm certainly not Tinkerbell now, but my chest is a lot more proportional on a thinner body, and I actually have enough of a waist now to make it look like I have hips. There's still a lot of belly bulge (apparently the PCOS will help see to it that that's the last to go), but I can wear dresses and have a shape now.

If I had a less unfortunate natural build, I'd probably be happy where I am now. Unfortunately I can't do this, so I'm stuck on the diet for a while longer. I can't wait to be back in the US where low-carb is actually an option...Insulin Resistance+required school lunch filled with rice, breading, and starch=bad news bears.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 191/171/153 now 185/185/155

Height: 5'3"

Renwomin. I get it. I read and re-read but I didn't see anything in the posts that said others don't have a right to their goals. Nor did I see where you or anyone said that 0/00 can't be curvy. Unless there was some editing I just thought you were discussing personal preference.

I appreciate this thread because I'm shooting for the upper end of my healthy BMI and found myself scanning posts to see if I was the only one with a similar goal.
ImImportant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

@ hotaru ---lol I have a 40 inch hip measurement so i guess thats small for my weight, im an hourglass shape right now but my weight is so even that im chubby everywhere so i can get into smaller clothes faster but im still rather large with a belly and many smaller bumps elsewhere. Thats my explanation lol so yeah we probably have very similar body shapes and not too different in height either.
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Everyone's body is so different. I don't judge anyone's final goal weight. I think losing any weight is an accomplishment. As for me, I think I would be happy at 160, but I know I want to be fit at 140. But everyone is different.
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote