Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: tick'

Height: 5'8

Unhappy Measurements up ? What is going on !

So I took measurments a few minutes ago.

I've been limiting to 1500-1550 cals a day. Plenty of water. 30 day shred everyday (except yesterday) and from Tuesday-Friday I used the stationary bike because I have free access to it at work.

My Measurments went up in all areas except (I labelled my own locations by body landmarks to make sure i get an accurate reading):

Under my gut
Neck
Bra line

Everywhere else went UP ! Now the only thing I can think of is that these particuklar areas that went DOWN, are because they're not being worked in the 30 day shred. Therefore, not building muscle in those regions.

Could that explain why the other are up ? The muscle is up and the fat just hasn't been burned yet? Just when I get positive I get another blow ! My weight has been steady at 246 lbs, since I lost the 3 lbs last week.

Whats the deal ! What gives ?
Remington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

The most logical explanations:

Swelling. Are you sore?

Off measurements. Maybe you pulled the tape a little tight last time so now it seems like they're up when they really aren't.

Also, when did you take the last measurements?
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #3  

Actually I'm not as sore today. I did the first set last wednesday in the morning. And today I did them just now, after my 30 day shred workout. As far as my belly button, I can udnerstand that I'd be bloated right now as I just drank 2 bottles of water and my protein shake with almond milk. But my thighs and arms and chest and calf have no excuse. Other than I just did my workout.

Can your body swell THAT much from the time immediately after a workout to 12-18 hours after ?

And As far as the tape being too tight, I'm being a paranoid freak about it and making sure it's not too tight. i don't want to skew any results in any way.

Last edited by Remington90; 01-22-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #4  
Stephanie

Well, I don't know for sure of course. Typically I only measure once every month because measurements typically don't change that much within a week or 2.

Water retention/swelling, ya for sure it could make that much of a difference. It's much more likely than actual muscle growth being measurable in such a short period of time.

Just a theory. I'd bet if you took measurements again in 4 weeks or so that they would be down!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #5  
Determined

S/C/G: 227/207/125

Height: 5' 4''

I was told by a personal trainer that you should never take measurements right after a workout because there will be swelling and other things going on that could throw off the numbers.
Devoncroix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #6  

Alright. I guess the question I was asking is if measuring after a workout as opposed to any other time, makes a difference in measurments.

I hope so. If not, then that's yet another discouraging thing.

Thanks all.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #7  
Stephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington90 View Post
Alright. I guess the question I was asking is if measuring after a workout as opposed to any other time, makes a difference in measurments.
Yes. The swelling would come into play in that instance. Best of luck next time you take measurements!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #8  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

I would say Devoncroix's answer is logical. Maybe try doing it first in morning like most people do their scales. Just a thought.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote