Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #16  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRue View Post
It has become a massive issue. At first, I told her I didn't like the coconut in them and then she made me non coconut. Then I told her... I would prefer not to have them due to weight issues... and now... she makes about 400 every year for my present. I take them, and throw them out.

One more year until they are both forced to retire.
Wow, I can't actually believe that you are having to deal with this?! I would not be able to tolerate being treated like that - are you seriously going to wait A YEAR before being free of this?! PLEASE set yourself free instead! It's easier said than done, but you would be so much happier if this stopped, surely?

As far as my work eating habits, since coming back after the holidays I have found it really easy to avoid any snacking during the day. I take my own lunch so I know in advance what I am going to be eating. A co-worker asked us all last week if she should bring in a HUGE box of chocolates she has left over from Christmas as a treat for us all in the office and I told her I would really rather she didn't - a few people looked a bit surprised, but she wasn't too bothered by it I don't think.
dayoneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayoneagain View Post
Wow, I can't actually believe that you are having to deal with this?! I would not be able to tolerate being treated like that - are you seriously going to wait A YEAR before being free of this?! PLEASE set yourself free instead! It's easier said than done, but you would be so much happier if this stopped, surely?
The best revenge is being at goal weight - while they are still fat -- and watching them be forced to retire .... while I have a good job and get me a new boss when they leave.

Yup... I will wait a year... and I will be thin and I will do whatever it takes to ensure they don't derail me. And as they are forced out the door... I will laugh.

But I post the story to illustrate that if you think there aren't people out there like this... there are.
AnnRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #18  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by foucault View Post
Yeah, I was a bit thrown off the first time it happened. He was a big client and everyone went out of their way to not rock the boat with him. After a while, I discovered that cutting a piece and eating a bite and then excusing myself to take care of an "emergency" would make him go away. Then I could dump the rest of the slice in the garbage. Wasting pie is sad, but it was his fault it got wasted.
Don't feel bad for wasting pie. His fault for bringing you something you didn't want anyway.

I don't really consider treats like pies, cakes, etc. food that's worth saving. It's not helping anyone, so I really feel no qualms about throwing it out. I'd feel bad throwing out something nutritious!

Sometimes what would help me is saying "I'll have some in a little bit!" and most people forget that you never had any. I'm not sure if it would work in this jerk's case (if he literally waits for you to get a piece), but it usually avoids drama for me.

Quote:
I lose more weight at work. I am often busy and the time just flys.

However, I have a "eat it or I will make you pay" co worker. It is really bad. She is an older lady and uses her favor with my boss to force, yes force, me to eat these treats she makes. My male boss, also overweight, feels like somehow I am being rude to her not to eat them... and so if I don't.. he will make me pay.

It has become a massive issue. At first, I told her I didn't like the coconut in them and then she made me non coconut. Then I told her... I would prefer not to have them due to weight issues... and now... she makes about 400 every year for my present. I take them, and throw them out.

Ughhh! Wow! I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. I hate when people try to guilt you into eating something because they "made it for you." I've gotten that from family members on occasion but it's a totally different ballgame when it's your boss!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #19  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i do better when im at work and my routine is more structured...i work in the morning, then take my older son to school, then either run errands or go to the gym, actually i do both in whatever order works for me, then i go back to work til 6 p.m., then i cook and clean and do homework with my younger son and it's nearly bedtime...my eating is very structured and i only make healthy choices available...the hardest part is sweets in the staff lounge...i've gotten to where i will take a small piece or just a few bites, rather than fall headfirst into it though LOL

it was harder staying home over winter break because i didnt have much to do and then wanted to eat...tried to keep myself somewhat in a routine and somewhat busy...

on christmas day morning i weighed 181 which is an all-time low for me...by the end of that week i weighed closer to 188 but i do believe it was mostly water weight and TOM coming on etc...so after that week, i tried alot harder to get back on plan, continued working out and TOM came and went and today i'm down to 182-183 which is really where i was before christmas morning anyhow
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 270/270/150

Quote:
I lose more weight at work. I am often busy and the time just flys.

However, I have a "eat it or I will make you pay" co worker. It is really bad. She is an older lady and uses her favor with my boss to force, yes force, me to eat these treats she makes. My male boss, also overweight, feels like somehow I am being rude to her not to eat them... and so if I don't.. he will make me pay.

Wow! That's horrible. I think tossing it until they are gone is the best course of action, especially if you want to avoid the drama-llama that comes along with disagreeing with someone in your workplace. Stay strong and you'll get the last laugh!
foucault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #21  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
The best revenge is being at goal weight - while they are still fat -- and watching them be forced to retire .... while I have a good job and get me a new boss when they leave.

Yup... I will wait a year... and I will be thin and I will do whatever it takes to ensure they don't derail me. And as they are forced out the door... I will laugh.

But I post the story to illustrate that if you think there aren't people out there like this... there are.
You are a tough cookie! Well done for being so strong in such a difficult situation!!
dayoneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayoneagain View Post
You are a tough cookie! Well done for being so strong in such a difficult situation!!
Thanks all.. . sorry to hijack the thread. Actually another thinner co worker is equally miffed and has expressed her displeasure with the constant forced food.... it may force and end to it since she is older as well and well regarded... we are hopeful.
AnnRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 200/138/125

Height: 5'6"

I'm a hobby pastry cook, so I've brought plenty of pies, tarts cookies and the like in to work. I'm really very good, and my stuff is usually gone within minutes (or at least it was while I still worked. SAHM now.)

But I put it down and leave the breakroom. I don't even always know who eats it. I can't imagine handing some directly to someone!
jeminijad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:48 AM   #24  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I tend to lose weight or at the least maintain when I'm at work, indeed. First because you just can't spend time nibbling and grazing when teaching classes all day long. But simply "being busy" in general is enough to make me forget to eat, or eat little, and fast, to be rid of it. (Seriously, I managed to lose weight when I was working at McD's—and that was with eating once a day at least. o_O)
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #25  

Height: 5'4

I suppose it depends on what I have going on at work. If I'm deployed (I'm military) I'm on my feet CONSTANTLY and actually dropped 15-20 pounds each on my last two trips in only 75-90 days.

Day to day when I'm at home is mostly spent at a desk, and I am very suseptible to boredom eating, so it's a lot easier to gain.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #26  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

For me it depends. My last job, I gained 90 lbs. 10 lbs a year. Part of that was due to an undiagnosed thyroid condition, and part was just that I was working really long hours, had a sedentary job, and ate like crap. Lots of take-out and frozen meals.

I changed to a job closer to home, I go home now at lunch and eat fresh homemade meals. I have less stress. I don't have a 2 hour commute any more (it's 8 minutes now, yay!). I have more "me time" and so I exercise more. I've lost 47 lbs since I started this job.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #27  
Dropweight Diva

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Sometimes it's a bit of a lose/lose for me.

When I am off for holidays, I have the urge to nibble a lot or go "out" so that I can get rid of the cabin fever, especially in the Winter.

This is my first year working as a teacher with some very challenging students, so sometimes after a terrible day at school, I just want to go out to eat as a form of "escapism". I get the feeling sometimes that I want to escape from my brain constantly cycling through self-doubt and possible solutions with soft lighting, inane conversation and a huge plate of Japanese food. Still, I've resisted the urge and have lost weight while at my new job.

Last edited by Song of Surly; 01-07-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Song of Surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 248:( see tracker:) 180♥

Height: 5'9

Apparently you can also grow taller while at work. Today one of my co-workers asked "did you get taller, you look different?" I said I don't know about being taller, but I've lost 40lbs. It was cute
I did walk a little taller after that.
CircClerkJen is offline   Reply With Quote