Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

All my weight is around the waist. My legs and arms are not bad. My butt and ribs are fat, but it's the waist, neck and face that really bug me. Probably why my pants fit weird. I have no waistline. It's the biggest part.

Last edited by Fluffypuppy; 12-21-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #17  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Heidi~ That is awesome you now have more wiggle room. =)

Thanks for the input on the sizing ladies. So now I have 2+ sizes to move down to, until I'm in a safer place. Well 2013 is going to be a busy year. I say bring it on!! *g*
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #18  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Huge congratulations to everyone for their NSVs!

As for the size discussion, that definitely varies by body type. Then again, it also varies by brand, the cut of the clothing, the weather on your mother's birthday, and the price of eggs in Pakistan thanks to all of the weird vanity sizing that goes on. At my largest (about 200 lbs) I was in a weird place where I could bring anything from a size 8 to a size 14 into the dressing room with me and end up having it fit. Mostly I was in size 12s, and even though I didn't really shop in the plus section of the store, I definitely looked big. I was around 180 for most of high school and college and in that time consistently wore an 8 (or if I was shopping in the junior's section, I'd flop between a 7 and a 9). In my senior year and after college I managed to gain quite a bit and got used to 10s and 12s, but I always looked much, much bigger than what people generally picture those sizes to be because I don't have an especially feminine figure (my weight is in my shoulders, belly, and thighs, so I'm pretty much built like a dude).

Right now I'm living abroad and Japanese sizes are cray-cray (I usually wear a size M dress and 67 cm/M pants) but glancing through a few websites it looks like I would be anywhere from a US size 2 to a 6 at...I always thought that a size 2 would look tiny, but I've still got enough belly fat to feel extremely self-conscious every time I look in the mirror.

...now that I've rambled all over the place, size is an incredibly subjective number. Honestly, looking around this site I've seen pictures of girls way bigger than my high weight in sizes more than double what I wear that ROCK IT and don't even look "fat" to me. On the other hand, I've just recently ducked under the "healthy BMI" line and still look chubby. I suppose we're all our own harshest critics though...
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote