Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-31-2017, 06:53 PM   #16  

TY for your reply and yes, agree... i think i have to go with what my body feels more comfortable at which is less weight than my face likes.

But right now it's a trade off, going through perimenopause right now and unexpected weight gain of about 7 lbs and it's letting me know that i do not like that feeling....
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:10 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Congrats on the weight loss! I remember my mother having a book on facial massage and exercise that was meant to help with this sort of thing, does it actually work?

I'm about 20lb above my goal weight, and have always had nice cheekbones, including at the moment. I'm 39. I wonder at what point I'm going to have the gauntness problem, considering that it's apparently inevitable with age. Ah well, part of being human, and worth the trade-off.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 03:55 PM   #18  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

I agree working on your self image is the very best answer.

But prehaps your wardrobe needs tweaking? I have been gaining weight over the years and sometimes I have that scary moment where I look in the mirror and I think I look horrible. But for me at least, it's always been things like my bra is too small and causing bulges, or my jeans are too tight and causing bulges..etc. It's annoying but the right fitting and style of clothes can make such a difference!
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:12 PM   #19  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Oh I was just thinking if my original post didn't make much sense since you weren't gaining, sometimes the reverse has been true when I've been too thin or just wearing a style that doesn't flatter...
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:43 AM   #20  

Have the look, the style and the attitude. The combination works for any type of body.
FattoFitIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:34 AM   #21  

I would say, just be confident and any body shape will make you look great.
FattoFitIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:51 PM   #22  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReillyJ View Post
Thank you , everyone! i so appreciate the support and have decided to "steel" my mind against being down on myself for looking different than i imagined and i'm going to tell myself that i am still pretty and am far healthier than i was a year ago and also expect that things will settle out after awhile. Also turning 50 this year, i just have to expect some mourning of the loss of youth. So i will try to keep my focus on getting as healthy as i can and enjoying it.

I notice that the original thread you posted was a few years ago. Do you still feel strange in your smaller body, or have you adjusted to one another in this time? I'm curious how it works long term.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:22 AM   #23  
Get the fat outta here!

S/C/G: 313/163/163

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
I notice that the original thread you posted was a few years ago. Do you still feel strange in your smaller body, or have you adjusted to one another in this time? I'm curious how it works long term.

I am curious as well - did it even out or change in any way or did you just get used to it? Congrats on your loss!!!!!!!

I went through the same thing - lost a lost relatively quickly and was looking gaunt and bony up top (ribs on up - ribs/arms/shoulders/face) but was still losing because my hips/butt still had some cushion. It's been a few months and although I have stayed the same weight, it seems things have evened out a bit. I don't feel scary skinny up top anymore, and it seems smaller on the bottom although I am the same weight as before. I think our bodies just take time to catch up
MoMo2 is offline   Reply With Quote