Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #1  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Default 2 years to lose 39 pounds...

and now, since May, I have gained 10 pounds. I never made it to my goal of 140, and now I'm 23 pounds from my goal.

I feel like a loser. And not the good kind, either. PEEVED at myself. VERY PEEVED!!!!! And tired of trying. VERY TIRED.

Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

First of all !!!!

Second of all !!!!

Been wondering where you've been. Missed you around here! I understand being sick of it. I once read, in this really awesome member's sig, "Change is hard. But perpetual dissatisfaction is no picnic either".

So other than feeling peeved and sick and tired of it all. . . are you back and back at it??
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4

Beachpatrol - I've gained about 10 pounds in the last 10 weeks. Yeah.

You know what though? I keep coming back! I'm struggling right now and it is hard some days and I break and try to eat the world... but I still keep trying and it sounds like you are too! Just keep at it. You can lose those 10 pounds and keep going toward your goal if you just decide you really really want to.

I'm sick of it too, which is why I'm going to lose the silly pounds I gained so that I can stop thinking about it!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #4  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Coming back is huge. DON'T QUIT! I've had years where my net gain and loss has been a whopping ten or twenty pounds, 2011 was a lot like that for me, I lost twenty after the baby, maintained, slowly regained a bit, and THEN got a fire under my butt to get it off around this time last year. Since then it's been down, down, down. But if I'd given up then I'd be above 200, likely regained a whole BUNCH of weight, and certainly not healthier or happier for it. But sticking with it, even when the progress was slow, paid off. Giving up never does
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #5  

I logged in today because I got off track during the holiday and can't seem to stick with the program. It happens, recognize where your downfall is and move forward.

I'm a chronic over eater, I have to find ways to hold my self accountable. I read (on someone's signature) "eat to live, don't live to eat". Sometimes I have to remind myself...
BusyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:51 PM   #6  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Beach Patrol ... for what it is worth you're one of my favorite posters.

I'm rooting for ya.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:15 AM   #7  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

This isn't easy. I know. I do it every dang day. Some days I just want to throw my hands in the air and go eat greasy bar food and wash it down with lots of beer!

Actually, while I was typing this and wondering what to say, my DH came in and asked me what I was doing. I told him I was trying to figure out what to say to you for encouragement. He says,"Have faith and you will prevail" He rarely says anything, to me about my loss or maintaining, let alone, provide any encouragement. It isn't that he doesn't care, he just does not want to say the dumb DH wrong thing, lol. But, he has faith that you can do it, in his weird, redneck way!

So, go forth, try to have more good days than not, and do not beat yourself up over it. It's a long journey. None of us are perfect. I tell myself every day, it's not failure, it's feedback! If A did not work, try B, if that does not work, try C, rinse and repeat until you find a proper path for YOU!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

BP: I feel your pain!

Think of all the things you did every day when you were losing...then start it all again! You had the right formula, but like many of us, drifted off course and the pounds crept back on. I'm guilty myself :-(

But you KNOW what worked before and you - and I - can get back into that routine and make it work again! How much do you think you can lose before Christmas? :-)
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:26 AM   #9  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

BeachPatrol!! I've missed you! And you know what? You're so awesome, I know you can get back in the game and get those last 10lbs off. We'll root for you all the way!

It took me nearly 3 years to lose the same amount of weight you did before the past 70 finally came off. I know how you feel; it takes lots and lots of attempts to make it actually stick. But think about it this way, you've only regained 10! You haven't regained all 39, so in the words of Kaplods I think it was, just be thankful that you've maintained a 29lb lost! Thats a big accomplishment and it is a big step to come back. I hope you stick around!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:10 AM   #10  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

hey at least you've only gained back 10!

i did way more damage before i wised up and got back on track. you can do it!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Welcome back!! Your smiling face has been missed!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #12  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Glad you're back Beach Patrol.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #13  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Thank you all for your support... I'm not sure I'm *back* just yet. I've definitely been under some serious stress lately, family/job/basic life stress - and eating like there's no tomorrow. Stress eating, sweets... salty foods... my three "S" downfalls.

If I do continue the good fight, something will have to change. The calorie counting thing is now a B.S. chore for me. I used to not mind it, & even grew to like it. Now I hate it. I've been eating when I'm not even hungry at all. I confuse myself. There has to be some crazy emotional reason... I don't normally do that. Then again... what is normal...right? ~sigh.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #14  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
There has to be some crazy emotional reason... I don't normally do that.
It sounds like the reason is the stress you've been under. Stress eating is a tough one for me, because it's totally unrelated to hunger and all about the numbing. When I know that's what I want to do and can't find the will to stop myself, I try to at least eat something not so high in calories - a big romaine and slivered almond salad, a big bowl of popcorn. Stuff that lets me eat and eat and eat without ingesting a million calories.

Good luck.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/159/169

Height: 5'6.5''

Hi Beach Patrol.Speaking as a 49 year-old who's been maintaining fairly easily for 11 months but who's been regaining steadily for the last 3 weeks,I feel your pain.I know I haven't been overeating 8 lbs worth of calories so I'm wondering how much menopause has to do with that maddening gain.Regardless,time for me to go back to a stricter way of eating and going back to more regular exercise.Hang in there Beach Patrol.
singing is offline   Reply With Quote