Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

too funny, I was sitting here thinking I'm ordering pizza for dinner tomorrow... still might, but might skip the delicious extras (ie wings)

my current goal for this week is to eliminate pop, can't eliminate it all in one week.
time4me2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 169/ticker/117 HW - 174

Height: 5 1

I have started doing much like Alyj89, making a small pizza with sauce and veggies, a little shredded cheese though I use Naan or half Naan or pita instead of tortilla. This way no leftovers and satisfies the craving.
Josiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #18  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Height: 5'5"

I loooooove pizza! I also eat healthier ones sometimes once a week. When I make my homemade quesadillas, they help satisfy that "need-for-cheese" too. Hmmm....but I think a loaded pizza is in the works for my next high calorie day

Last edited by angieand2girls; 11-05-2012 at 10:39 AM.
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Am I the only one that doesn't like pizza? I just never have...I think it's the tomato taste. /:
Sounds like I should be glad I don't like it though, lol.
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 350/296/125

Height: 177cm

Mmmm, homemade pizza. My husband and I have 1 every Saturday. We make it ourselves, thin crust, light on cheese but loaded with veggies! Then we only have 2 pieces each (half a medium) and bag the other 2 pieces for lunch the next day. Pizza really isn't that bad for you... Make it yourself and control your portions!

That's one thing I've realized through my weight loss. You don't have to eliminate all your favourite foods. Just make them healthier by making them yourself and eat realistic portion sizes! Through my weightloss I have enjoyed pizza, pasta, hamburgers, fries, and ice cream! Yum! My new favourite is healthy lasagne...zucchini instead of lasagne noodles and lean ground beef. So tasty and quite healthy!
Skellig19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

I eat Pizza all the time!! I eat it too much LOL I either get Pizza by the slice at my favorite Pizzeria for 400-500 calories per slice or I will eat 1/2 Amy's Organic Pesto Pizza from the freezer dept. in the grocery store :-)
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #22  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottainai View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't like pizza? I just never have...I think it's the tomato taste. /:
You just may be! I LOVE pizza! I don't like raw tomato, but I like tomato sauce, ketchup, etc. But the main things I love about pizza are the cheese and toppings. The tomato sauce is not integral.

Have you ever tried pizza with other sauce besides tomato, like pesto or a white sauce?
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #23  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

yummy, pizza!

I allow myself some every now and then, but when I do, I'm also very strict with myself the rest of the day to make sure I don't go over my calorie budget. So worth it! Love pita pizzas too!
Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

I haven't had a takeaway pizza in over 7 months. I can't imagine eating one to be honest, I remember feeling incredibly stodgy after eating them. However that was probably due to overeating. If/when I next have a takeaway pizza, I reckon I could manage about 2 - 3 slices. As opposed to the 1/2 a large pizza plus sides that I used to have!

I second whoever said homemade tortilla pizzas. I have one of these every couple of weeks and they can be reasonably low calorie when topped with low fat cheese and lots of veg, lean meat etc.

My boyfriend loves takeaway pizza and even he likes my tortilla versions. Admittedly his is loaded with more toppings than mine, but they are a winner!
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #25  

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottainai View Post
then maybe i shouldn't introduce you to white pizza? lol no sauce, usually just mozzarella/ricotta. white pies sometimes will have broccoli or some other veggies on top, which i also love.

on the topic of pizza.. how about calzones? oh my.. i can remember a while back me and the bf were at a pizza place for lunch. i was still trying to be "good" so i got pasta fagiola soup and some steamed mussels. he got this big, fat calzone with some kinda cheese from heaven and some sliced ham or something.

i don't even like ham, and i devoured the small piece he gave me to try. he saw that i was nuts for it, so he gave me some more. so much for good. lol!

point being, calzones are outta control delicious. i usually don't order them, though, because around here anyway they are usually like 7 lbs heavy and the size of a dictionary.
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #26  
Call me Maybe jk jk

S/C/G: 182/178/120

Height: 5'2

I recently just ate a really delicious pizza at an Indian restaurant. The pizza, however is not like anything I ate before, without cheese but a lot of tomato paste (I love tomato paste, the more tomato on a pizza the better it is, for me), and grilled chicken, some other ingredients I don't remember. I didn't order it, but I took half a slice from my friend because he couldn't eat anymore and gosh, that was the most delicious pizza I ever ate.
ugogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #27  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I love pizza! All I can say is that thank goodness it's so expensive where I live and a real luxury food. Every couple of months, I save up my calories and get myself a personal pan ham and mushroom pizza- 1100 calories of worth-it-ness. #leyum
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 185/140/115

Height: 5'0 TALL

I haven't had pizza for more than two months now because I don't know how to count the calories (we do things differently here)
Nayshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #29  
on a mission

S/C/G: 294/restart!!!

Height: 5'1

I love pizzzaa! It's my fav. I still have it once and awhile (once a month or ever other month, at my fav pizzeria) 2 slices ain't so bad for you. Just add a salad along with it, instead of breadsticks/wings. That is what I did last saturday at grimaldi's pizzeria
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #30  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayshal View Post
I haven't had pizza for more than two months now because I don't know how to count the calories (we do things differently here)
It might still be possible to count calories even in a country with a different food culture. For example some of the foods where I live, you can just barely find on google. But I prepare a lot of my own food and I have a food scale and measuring cups and jugs (the type that bakers use) so it's easy to enter in the ingredients e.g. a cup of rice, 200 grams of tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of oil, 100 grams of chicken and before I know it, I have my whole recipe. There are lots of online calorie counters about and even ones you can get on your phone that don't even need a constant internet connection. It's not easy when you don't have the same chain restaurants and brand name foods as they do in the West but it's possible. I've been doing it for 3 years.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote