Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

I would say the guy I am dating will say something if *I* bring it up.....

I know that I personally tell him if I notice he is losing, even if it is very minor, but I think I do it so he might take notice in my progress lol
ryeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #32  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linJber View Post
I recently saw a cartoon where the husband and wife are getting dressed to go out. She is saying, "Does this dress make me look fat?" He is saying, "Does this tie make me look stupid?" I think most of the time, men are just being safe and cautious.

Lin
Haha! It's SO true! I know that is what most guys I know hear in that question. I try not to ask about the fat, or frame it in a positive. "Which dress, of the three, is the sexiest/most flattering/do you like the best on me?" is a much safer question
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

My DH has said nothing about weight whether I gain or lose. He has made comments about my swimming making my butt higher. Lol if I tell him I lost at WW he says "good job" and if I gain or stay the same he says "it's okay you always have next week". I do not care if he comments on my weight loss as he is always loving and compliments me regularly. And I am losing weight for me alone. If I rely on external motivators or praise i will not succeed. I can't control those things.
Congrats on your weight loss.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm positive my boyfriend prefers me heavier, which is frustrating in of itself. I wish he would encourage me in my journey, actually. He keeps offering me food.
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:23 PM   #35  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

My DF has never been anything but supportive when it comes to my weight loss. Even at my highest weight he would constantly grab at me and tell me how beautiful he thinks I am. Every pound I lose is cheered on by him. I wish he was that supportive about everything else, too.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 190/173/135

Height: 5' 3"

My husband does comment often but without meaning to be mean or rude he will say things like "hey your neck isn't as fat as it use to be!" Then I'm like oh yeah, haha thanks a lot. Then he gets embarrassed once he realized what he had said. I don't get upset because I know he means well, but maybe this is an example of why men don't comment on weightloss, they aren't sure what to say. Haha

Last edited by SarahJane88; 10-24-2012 at 01:40 PM.
SarahJane88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:25 PM   #37  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

My bf has been my biggest supporter. He makes comments once in a while like "wow you look great" or he would touch my sides (torso) and comment how tight it is getting. If I'm having a craving episode he would repeat my clothing size (he was there with me when I first went shopping and realized I was a size 14) so that helps keep me in check.

However, he loves my curves and begged me not to lose all of them. lol
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #38  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

I've had an issue for the last couple of years bouncing back and forth between my goal weight and 15 lbs heavier. This summer when I was back down, my husband made a comment about how skinny my thighs are getting. It made me laugh because he is super skinny and has chicken legs. He never says anything negative about my weight and even if I ask him, he claims he can't tell a difference when my weight goes up.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #39  
Back at it

S/C/G: 264/ticker/150

Height: 5'3

My boyfriends comments are just plain annoying. After a failed attempt at the HCG diet (l spent a bunch of money at a clinic and lasted 5 days before throwing it away. lol)
He once made a comment saying "how long is it gonna last this time?" All **** broke loose and he spent the next hour apologizing and since then he doesn't say a word. I wish he was more supportive tho.
yellsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

No. But I don't see the problem.

To be honest, my husband has gained about 60lbs in the past few years and I really don't see the difference (although I could if I looked at side-by-side photos). It just isn't obvious to the partner sometimes when you're always together.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #41  
FatBurningQueen

S/C/G: 230/224/160

Height: 5'11

Default Noticing small changes is hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaMama View Post
I had to ask my bf the other day if he had even noticed... He just said "youve always been beautiful." Smart man. Its hard for them to notice when we're with them all the time. And I would rather hear a simple compliment than to hear how much weight I seem to have lost. He met me when I was about 25lbs lighter than I am now. So he obviously noticed how "thick" I was at my heighest... But he never said a word. I love that man!
There is a lot of truth in what NolaMama said around noticing changes. Think about the impact you have on people who haven't seen you since you started losing weight and suddenly they see you 40 pounds lighter - they are completely blown away!

And even though those around you every day have probably noticed some big changes, it's probably not nearly as noticeable as when you see someone 'before' and 'after'.

G
xx
GeraldineHearne is offline   Reply With Quote