Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #46  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

LOL, I might have to do a whole necklace or something. Several of the ones I use now are "filler" beads, so I should be able to swap them out for ones I earn in the future. I don't plan on any more dangle-y charms because I'm running out of room, but I'm hoping I have enough space for 7 more beads. If not, I can probably swap out the bangle for a more traditional chain bracelet (the bangle has that big gap in it).

So awesome to see others joining in on the fun! Good to see all the photos so far and I'd love to see more!

Here's another pic I put together last night to show off what I've got so far.

I wanted to focus on the new owl and turtle my husband gave me. I'm sort of torn about those since I didn't "earn" them, but they're still special because he was thinking of me for Christmas. I'm not sure, I'm still thinking of them as "inspiration" beads (especially the turtle, slow and steady wins the race) but maybe I'll eventually count them?

Maybe I really do need a second bracelet or even a necklace . . .
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #47  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Height: 5'6"

lunarsongbird: Beautiful! I like the idea of beads only, too. Knowing me, I will change my mind constantly, that's why I took the plunge right away and ordered my bracelet and first charm.

Elladorine: Great pictures! This is such a great idea, I think you've inspired a lot of people with this thread.

I think I will do charms for each 10 pound loss, and spacer beads for each 5 pound loss in between, if that makes sense.
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #48  
i CAN do this!!!!!!!!!!!!

S/C/G: 230/226/140

Height: 5 4

wow thats a great idea, i love it. i might take a leaf out of your book and give it a go too- maybe a charm for each mini goal ive set myself, so i could end up with 15.
lolloveschocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #49  

I officially earned my 14th bead last week and picked it out on the weekend.

I decided to go with a cute little kitty bead to remember the little buddy I had to put to sleep the Christmas before last. I actually adopted Koji right around the time I got in gear to start losing weight back in 2005. I love the dogs I currently have but I still really miss my Koji.

I know I said I didn't want to go for any more dangley charms but that part is teeny. I'm still thinking about getting a butterfly later, and also want to find a cute one to represent my dogs. But first I've got to keep working so I can earn them.

Last edited by Elladorine; 02-25-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 291/261.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladorine View Post
I officially earned my 14th bead last week and picked it out on the weekend.

I decided to go with a cute little kitty bead to remember the little buddy I had to put to sleep the Christmas before last. I actually adopted Koji right around the time I got in gear to start losing weight back in 2005. I love the dogs I currently have but I still really miss my Koji.

I know I said I didn't want to go for any more dangley charms but that part is teeny. I'm still thinking about getting a butterfly later, and also want to find a cute one to represent my dogs. But first I've got to keep working so I can earn them.
Congrats on the 14th charm!

I loved this idea so much I started collecting beads too. I picked out the same kitty bead to remind me of my cat Gus that I put to sleep last Sept. (Actually my mom saw it and told me "you HAVE to get this one!") Losing a pet is just like losing a loved one... I don't think you ever stop missing them, and this way when I hit one of my goal weights I can carry a reminder of my awesome little furball with me.

Thank you for posting about this idea. It has really given me something to shoot for rather than the big picture of weight loss which is overwhelming and depressing.
ryverthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 270/260s/120

Height: 5'1"

I really enjoyed looking at all your charms and reading the history behind each of them. I'm not a very jewelry person but this thread has inspired me so much that I'm going to do something similar with plain colorful beads and add one to a bracelet for every ten pounds. What a wonderful way to motivate and inspire! Looking forward to more charms.
LadyPetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 360 (highest ever)/306/180

Height: 5'9"

I enjoyed looking through your story, and I so adore this idea. I might just steal it. Heck, it gives me an excuse to wear jewelry, considering that I have already earned five charms and am on the way to number six!

(Besides, I'm already in the market for a charm bracelet! I found a Vespa charm I couldn't turn down. I am, by the way, a big fan of Italian scooters, even if my own rides have been Japanese so far. The plan is to buy a Vespa once I reach goal!)

Last edited by fujikochan; 02-28-2013 at 09:15 PM.
fujikochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 216.8/167.8/150

Height: 5'4

Love this!! I am a jewelry fan and also enjoy making jewelry, so this is right up my alley. Thank you, for the great idea. I'm excited to start this. I love the beads you've chosen and the meanings behind them you have done an amazing job, congratulations! It's great that your husband is so supportive, too an so sweet that he got you some beads for Christmas (especially knowing th meaning behind your owl bead).
I think w must be about the same age. I'm about to be 36 and I remember making the best mixed tapes! Did you record songs off th raio when you were a kid? The hosts would always talk over the first 10-20 seconds o the song
Anyway, I'm off to Amazon to start my collection. I may do a bed for 5 and a charm for 10....
Thanks and congratulations on your incredible weight loss!!
Amy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #54  

Thank you everyone!

I'm only 3 pounds away from earning my next bead! But it seems I hit an issue I hadn't anticipated . . . a few weeks ago when I was about to eat out with some friends, the bangle fell right off my wrist as I was getting out of my car! I was in shock; the way the bangle works it definitely has a gap (and is how I was getting it on and off without trying to having to slide it over my entire hand), but I've always had chunky wrists, right? So how was it possible it just slid off by itself, did it break? I spent a good five minutes searching the floor and even seat of my car trying to find the thing, and it wasn't until I gave up and started to walk away from the car that I realized it fell right into the top of the boot I was wearing! I took this set of photos that night while sitting in the restaurant.

So yeah, it slides right off me under its own weight now. I decided to pick out a new chain bracelet from Michaels so I won't have that problem again. Not much of a change, but here is how it currently looks with the new chain.

Since it completely closes, I definitely have more room for future beads now. I can't wait to pick my next one, hopefully before the end of the month.

Amy: We are close to the same age, I just turned 37 in February. I totally used to record songs off the radio as well! I even remember diving to the floor as soon as I'd hit the record button in order to decrease the amount of static we'd get from the station (certain stations were fussy and would get really bad static depending on what area of the room you were standing in). You're in Chicago? I'm currently out in Vegas but I grew up in the Chicagoland area.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #55  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Elladorine: What a great "problem" to have, skinny wrists! Congrats again on your amazing progress so far. I grew up near Chicago too, and made tapes (I'm 43). Best radio station in the world (really, the only good one left anymore) is XRT. Some of the djs have been there longer than I've been alive! (Oh, and I moved from Chicago to Vegas for awhile too, weird )
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #56  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I love this idea!! What a great way to showcase your losses, and remember your loved ones at the same time. Beautiful choices on the charms. Looks like I'm going to have to head to Hobby Lobby tomorrow! I've decided I need one!
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 250/250/135

Height: 5'4"

Such an awesome idea! I hope you fill that bracelet and have to move on to a new one!!!! Good luck and thanks for sharing!!!
Tina239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

I love this idea. I think I'm going to do the same thing...now to plan a trip to HobbyLobby.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #59  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

This is so wonderful! I design jewelry myself and have a ton of beads I could use. I am excited to begin my own bracelet!
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #60  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

I love that your bracelet is beatiful and serves a purpose
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote