Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #16  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I certainly didn't mind getting "cold" this past summer, I live in the desert. It made the 110+degree weather much more tolerable this year. It can make cuddling with the hubby difficult though, especially now that it's cooling off . . . I was freezing last night, completely bundled up to my chin under the covers. He had the ceiling fan on full-blast with no blanket and complained that I was too hot for him. Funny, I remember my mom always remarking that I was a "furnace" since I was always, always hot. I never realized at the time that the way I was eating and my metabolism probably had something to do with that (I was at least 100 pounds overweight as a teenager and god only knows how many simple carbs I ate every day)!

I sometimes feel I've become too obsessed with the topic of weight loss in general. Not nearly as bad as I was last year though; I'm doing my best to keep myself in check so I don't end up crashing and burning from the exhaustion of it on top of other stresses I had last fall. I don't want it to be the only thing I think about and talk about, that doesn't sound so good for my emotional health and well-being, plus it makes me a rather boring person in RL.

I still have a long way to go before I can even think about complaining about being bony. Then again . . . my poor butt is pretty small and actually bony (most of my excess weight is in my tummy) and I'm having trouble imagining the rest of me catching up with it properly! I can't wait until I have collar bones though, and I think they're just starting to emerge.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #17  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I'm not eating at much of a deficit but I'm still cold all the time. Maybe it's because I'm older (54 and post-menopause). It's annoying, because I'm spending more on heating my house. I'll feel like it's freezing, and then check the thermostat only to find it's 70!

I also find it difficult to lie on my side with all the bones sticking out. How do really skinny people do it?

Elladorine, when my collarbones first started to show, I couldn't stop touching them. It was the first time I could really feel that my body was changing. You'll be there soon!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote