Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #1  
Dancer need to lose some

S/C/G: 160/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Default Intermittent Water Fasting

First of all, please do not judge me for intermittent water fasting.

This is my day one and my first time of trying it.

I know it is unhealthy, but I am taking multivitamins/multiminerals so I am still getting what I need.

Edit: Changed Title

Last edited by Hotpink88; 09-11-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Hotpink88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #2  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

If you want support for water fasting you're in the wrong place.

Water fasting is dumb. Whatever research you've done that says it is a good idea .... is wrong.

There is no health benefit to fasting beyond a 48 hour period and even then the research is sketchy.

You will lose fat but you'll also lose a huge amount of muscle.

Hopefully you're at least wise enough to be doing this with doctor supervision.

I'm not judging you - just your choice.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #3  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

What are you looking for in this post? I didn't see a question or anything. Are you looking for general support?

I agree with JohnP. I would keep it short. Plus, even though you are taking multivitamins, your body needs fat to absorb some of those so you are just going to pee them out with all the water you are consuming.

Out of curiosity, after losing 11 lbs in a different way, what is your motivation for trying water fasting?
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #4  
Dancer need to lose some

JohnP I am doing this with my doctor supervision... Thanks
Old 09-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #5  
Dancer need to lose some

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorgirl6 View Post
What are you looking for in this post? I didn't see a question or anything. Are you looking for general support?

I agree with JohnP. I would keep it short. Plus, even though you are taking multivitamins, your body needs fat to absorb some of those so you are just going to pee them out with all the water you are consuming.

Out of curiosity, after losing 11 lbs in a different way, what is your motivation for trying water fasting?
I eat every 24hour so I am fueling, but then again I have always eaten every 24hours. I do walk a mile a day then dance for 1hour 30mins or more. I'm not trying to lose weight fast by fasting at all. I have to weigh in every day at the same time in the morning to make sure I'm not losing too quickly with Dr. order to report to him if I lose more than a lb a day.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #6  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Drastic short-term fixes don't generally bode well for long-term success. Assuming the water fasting works and doesn't have negative lasting effects on your metabolism or muscle, how will this plan teach you to succeed in maintenance? Does your doctor have a background in nutrition? Most doctors receive very little training on diet and nutrition, surprisingly.

Be well. Hope you'll take the feedback to heart.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #7  
waisting away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotpink88 View Post
I eat every 24hour so I am fueling, but then again I have always eaten every 24hours. I do walk a mile a day then dance for 1hour 30mins or more. I'm not trying to lose weight fast by fasting at all. I have to weigh in every day at the same time in the morning to make sure I'm not losing too quickly with Dr. order to report to him if I lose more than a lb a day.
What is your motivation for trying to lose weight in this way?
Old 09-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #8  
Dancer need to lose some

Thank you all, I do not plan on water fasting for long just a week worth and then and to dance training again. As a dancer that was injured 6 month ago I gained alot and need to get back were I was so I can get back in my dance group.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #9  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
If you want support for water fasting you're in the wrong place.

Water fasting is dumb. Whatever research you've done that says it is a good idea .... is wrong.

There is no health benefit to fasting beyond a 48 hour period and even then the research is sketchy.

just curious. what about intermittent fasting? im not sure if thats what the OP is talking about or not..

ive never tried it (and doubt i could even make it for a day), but ive read a lot that said it was a good and actually healthy thing. im talking like 1 day out of 7 where you dont eat for 24 hours. ive heard it can be excellent for fat loss and health otherwise. true or false?
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #10  
Dancer need to lose some

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliastl27 View Post
just curious. what about intermittent fasting? im not sure if thats what the OP is talking about or not..

ive never tried it (and doubt i could even make it for a day), but ive read a lot that said it was a good and actually healthy thing. im talking like 1 day out of 7 where you dont eat for 24 hours. ive heard it can be excellent for fat loss and health otherwise. true or false?
This is exactly what I am doing...
Old 09-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #11  
waisting away

I don't think anyone realized you were only doing this for only 24 hours each week. There are some people on this site who do IF. I am sure that you can find some people to share experiences with and give you pointers on IF.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #12  
Dancer need to lose some

Where in this forum can I find them at if I may ask?
Old 09-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #13  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Here is a thread for intermittent fasters: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...-other-if.html
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #14  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Water fasting as I've always heard of it is consuming nothing but water (and usually some kind of broth for essential minerals) for long periods of time - at least 10 days but usually longer.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:07 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 164/148/135

Height: 5'2

Lol, she's not going to starve by intermittent fasting. She's getting her necessary calories for the day, just in a shorter period of time.

Plenty of bodybuilders live a lifestyle of intermittent fasting and last time I checked... bodybuilders ain't wasting away.

And honestly, even straight water fasting is not going to do major damage to most healthy people, if it's under 21 days. Truth of the matter is, whenever you lose weight, you are going to lose muscle also, that's just a fact of life. You can counteract that by lifting while losing, but that's the only way around it. You'll also lose muscle if you're not getting enough protein, if you're doing too much cardio, etc...

Everybody is so quick to jump up and scream "THAT'S DANGEROUS" Without having any real facts or understanding of what they're talking about.

Last edited by ImGoinDown; 09-12-2012 at 01:07 AM.
ImGoinDown is offline   Reply With Quote