Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #1  

Default Drives me crazy

Dh that is, he started his weight loss journey about a month or little more ago (I am just starting mine) anyway I am happy he is losing weight, but the way he does it drives me nuts, at least he isn't saying I have to do it his way, I couldn't.

He has a job that is physical (ladders, crawl spaces etc) so he gets exercise during the day (my job I am at a desk, I am up and down and once it cools down I hope to start walking at lunch, one thing I haven't been snacking there like I did at my other job)

He can go all day without eating then only eats at night, he has coffee or water during the day. He is losing weight doing it.

This is my third week doing the gym and I have only lost 2.5 pounds, of course my eating probably hasn't been the best either, the exercise I can do and get a system going, the eating is harder to get on a system.

I am happy he is losing, at times I feel guilty when I eat and he doesn't.

Has anyone else go thru something like this?
RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

No need to feel guilty- it's his choice. It doesn't sound like a sustainable way to lose weight, but he's going to have to learn that for himself. Just keep doing what's best for you and let him figure out what's best for him.

And good luck with your weight loss!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #3  

Everyone is different. As long as he ends up eating a sufficient amount of calories, I don't see why his way is worse than yours or is unsustainable.
memememe76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #4  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by memememe76 View Post
Everyone is different. As long as he ends up eating a sufficient amount of calories, I don't see why his way is worse than yours or is unsustainable.
exactly. What works for him may not work for someone else and vice versa.

I'm a grazer, for example. I cannot eat one or two large meals and prefer having smaller meals throughout the day.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

My husband and I have had to learn to stay out of each others weight loss. We do some things together (like going to the gym together, but we don't work out together, because we have different paces).

When we tried to exert influence each other, it always backfires. So now we agree to disagree (for the most part).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #6  

Height: 5'2"

2.5 pounds lost for three weeks is terrific, keep doing what you're doing. in my case, it has been a struggle since january only to lose 15 lbs. :\

Last edited by valalltogether; 08-31-2012 at 10:57 AM.
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote