Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 02:55 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Welcome Deb!
I'm Spryng, married for 5 years now and mother of two with one on the way! I've been pasrt of this thread for over a year now and have made great friends here! Obviously I'm not dieting right now due to being pregnant but I only have about 2 months to go and then I'll be back on the weight loss wagon!
Tell us a little about yourself. Where are you from? What plan are you on? I think you'll find you love it here and hope you get the support for weight loss you need! We will all do our best! Can't wait to hear from you again!
Ginny, thanks for the advice. I know saying "you can always have another baby" is the worst thing to say to her, and she has heard it already from her mom and sister... I had to set them straight. Of course she can probably have another one but it doesn't ease the pain of losing the one she is carrying now... nothing will replace that baby for her. And yes I don't talk about my pregnancy with her at all... I know it's not what she needs to hear. I'm trying to be really sensitive to her feelings and trying to put myself in her shoes so I know what to say and not to say. But I was thinking about sending a nice card and maybe a pretty journal to her so she can record her thoughts through all of this. What do you think? Is that a nice gift? And suggestions are appreciated. I know when I went through a rough time in my marriage (as a few of you know) I bought a journal and boy did it really help me sort out my feelings. I still write in it all the time and just love it. So maybe she would appreciate the same.
Other than that my day is going really good. It's 75 degrees here and so beautiful! I bought some potting soil and repotted a couple house plants and it felt so good to be working with the dirt again. Makes me want to do more. Now I'm trying to get my house in order, my DH's sister is coming over this afternoon to visit and my house isn't great looking at the moment. One more load of dishes, and vacuum the living room oughta do it. SO I guess I'll get off here and get busy.
I hope you all are having a great OP day! And Misty and Mel I hope you are having good pregnancy days!! Talk to you later!
Old 04-11-2003, 03:05 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi!

I'm back! (FYI: I wasn't talking on the phone the whole time while I was gone.) First of all-I'd like to Welcome Deb to our thread. We're a group of SAHM's, some of us stay home FT & some of us are PT. I'm glad that you have decided to join us! A little about myself: I'm a PT stay at home Mom of two children, who mean the world to me. I have a ds that's 14 & a dd who will be 10 in August. We also have 3 cats & one goldfish living inside our home with us & one outside cat that we are presently foster parents to. (She also is just about ready to give birth again!) I'm also married & will celebrate 19 years of marriage on 6/23. I just recently started the Weight Watcher's Program and have been faithfully going to the meetings for the past 3 weeks. So far I have lost 3.6#, but unfortunately I gained 1# back again. So...I guess you could say that I really only lost 2.6#, which is fine with me. I'd rather lose it slower, as I may have a better chance of keeping it off then. Mel: I would think that walking would be a great exercise for you through your whole pregnancy. (Of course, you wouldn't want to walk too far away from home when it gets closer to the due date!) I was a city mail carrier during both of my pregnancies & continued to walk my route right up until time of delivery (baby's delivery, that is!) I would check with your doctor first to make sure that this w/b ok for you. I actually got more exercise at 9 mos. pregnant than what I've been doing lately. It is true, it's harder to exercise once we have kids to tend to & all the work that goes along with having a family. I have to keep on convincing myself to take the time to exercise. So...if you & the rest can remind me from time-to-time, that would be great! Karen: Thanks for posting the pictures. The scarf is beautiful! Someday I'd like to learn how to crochet better. I just know the basic chain stitch & could make a simple scarf or hot pad. As for your other picture that you posted: I tend to agree with Spryng & Ginny that it would be nice if you could ad a face to the picture. Oh well, you can always send one, right? Just like myself-I'm still a mystery to everyone here when it come to what I look like. (Okay Ginny, no comments!!) Also Karen-I hope that that lousy 0.5# left you, and please don't send it my way, okay?

Well gals, I better get back to my decluttering project. Have a great weekend!!
Old 04-11-2003, 05:44 PM   #18  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just a short hello- I came online looking for a possible email that I was waiting for a response from.........Ds's math teacher.........you don't want to know.

Hi Deb! Glad that you could check in with us! We are all in the throes of raising a family- and for quite a few even enlarging our families! (we have 3 pregnancies among us!). For those of us who are not pregnant- we share our lives and weight loss struggles or victories. I am the mother of 3- Dd (16), Ds (14) and Dd (7). I work part time driving a large vehicle...........(school bus)- but consider myself more of a stay at home mom- I was when my gang was little and I still manage to get to most of the school functions during the day with my schedule. Right now I am on Weight Watchers (meetings and all) and have been happy with it. Tell us something about yourself? I look foward to getting to know you better!

Jackie- how are you doing......now that you found the 'puker! (I had to laugh at that one, sounds like my house!) I know that you had to leave for a phone call....did you get to your WI? How was your meeting?

Spryng- After reading my post from before, I thought that I would add that with the flowers I would send a simple card saying thinking of you with love- or something like that. Yes it will be painful for your cousin but believe me it is common for others to try to skip over the baby's due date (believe me, she will not be able to do so!) and just something to aknowledge your sensitivity to her pain will mean so much. I am no expert on miscarriages- having had 4 of them myself- and know that some react quite differently than I did. My first one (20 years ago) was easier to deal with- but it was very early in the pregnancy. The other 3 (between Ds and Dd (7)) were awful...

Gotta go get dinner on the table.Take care!
Ginny
Old 04-11-2003, 05:51 PM   #19  
burned out bus driver

Jackie and Spryng snuck in while I was posting.............
Jackie- according to my WW leader.......you lost 3.6#, Ok!? (she does not count the ones you regain- what a positive lady!~)

Spryng- I like the journal idea.......
Gotta run
Ginny
Old 04-11-2003, 06:28 PM   #20  
One day at a time.

Hello!

Spryng, I'm sorry to hear about your cousins loss and I agree with Jackie, I think you got some great help from Ginny. I like the idea of sending her a journal, and I'm sure she'll like it.

Jackieglad you made it back, and I can totally relate with you about your Ds room, cause my Ds always has clutter. I don't know how to make him understand that if he would just pick up after himself daily, then it wouldn't pile up! Oh well!?! And as for that nasty 1lb. it'll be gone next week, and I'd still say stick with your 3.6 lb total! You earned it!!!

WELCOME Deb!!! I'm Melissa~a full time stay at home mom with 1 Ds(12) and a baby on the way. I've been married to Dh going on 8 years Monday! Which by BTW is also the day we go for our ultrasound and hopefully find out the sex of our baby!?!
I look forward to getting to know you better!

I'm still doing fine, drinking my water, but not like I should? I've been doing alot of cleaning, and am getting short tempered with Dh cause I'm ready to finish the babies room. Dh is "gone fishin" and Ds has brought a friend over so I won't get anything done this weekend!?! Oh well, enough fussing out of me, I think my hormones are getting the best of me, and I'm sure Dh and Ds would agree!

Y'all have a good evening!
Old 04-12-2003, 05:14 PM   #21  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just another kooky afternoon here in my life...............

Melissa- gosh, I can understand you wanting to get the room done for the baby! But, you have a lot of time there- and I guess you have to let the boys play....... have a cup of tea and try to get some time off for yourself while Dh is fishing!!!

As for us- we got some gardening done- it is a nice spring day here. And just an hour ago, a Coopers Hawk flew into our parked car in the driveway- and obviously is shaken up. After numerous calls to animal shelters, our vet - and on and on I found one semi knowledgable person and the bird is resting now in a cardboard box. We are hoping that it is just stunned and will be fine after a rest. I'm waiting for a call back from the local raptor society with details.....never a dull moment here.

Ok, I'd better scoot!!! My eating is a bit wierd today- but if I behave I can still stay within points. Hope that everyone's weekend is going well.
Ginny
Old 04-12-2003, 06:41 PM   #22  

Good afternoon all!
Wow what a gorgeous day here! It was only supposed to get to 75 but ended up being more like 85! So we went fishing this afternoon, didn't catch much of anything but a sunburn. Then we came home and I filled the kids pool up for them and they had a blast. I think they are going to sleep well tonight. They are both pooped from the sun. So I'll probably put them down early tonight so that they are refreshed for church tomorrow.
So today has been a great day. Lots of fresh air, etc.
Well, I got to get off here. Have a great evening all!
Old 04-12-2003, 06:47 PM   #23  
One day at a time.

Hello~

Yes Ginny, I hear you, but I am excited and impatient and do tend to worry a bit much! Plus, I went in labor 6 weeks early with Ds and was put on strict bed rest, after a long hospital stay. So I guess I just want to get every thing done early, just in case!?!

It's a beautiful day here too, so Ds and I went to town and walked around for a while, after we took his friend home, just to get out of the house. And the excercise is good for me, so~two birds with one stone!

Have a beautiful weekend!
Old 04-12-2003, 10:45 PM   #24  
burned out bus driver

Gee, it sounds like everyone had some great weather today!!!!!
Just a quick update on the hawk- as if I do not have enough to do.....but I felt so awful for the little bird- it is a Sharpfin hawk- a little bit smaller than a Cooper's Hawk. After about 8 phone calls, I got thru to the Delaware County Raptor Society ( about 50 miles away in Pennsylvania) and we met half way (I was headed to Walmart anyway and it only took me 5 miles out of the way) and she took the hawk. Ends up if I had kept the bird the way one source I had called I probably would have killed it.......purely by accident of course....but it would have died almost for sure. Well, at least now it stands a chance- if it was meant to survive.

We went out to dinner at Ihop- I got a grilled chicken sandwich, so I behaved.
Better go and take care of what I had to online. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Ginny
Old 04-13-2003, 12:53 AM   #25  

Hi again LADIES.......

First to Spryng...... Thanks for welcoming me on board first...
Second to Freckles My youngest shares your Anniversary... tis her birthday...

To all the others who made me feel welcome.... thanks also...

Ok, now for the DETAILS>>>> LOL

I am a SAHM of 3... Will be Married to hubby for 11 years in AUGUST... Ds 9 (born on our anniversary), Dd 8 (was a year and 9 days later) , Dd 4 (is spoiled rotten) All 3 have summer birthdays... *so feel for you moms pregnant during that time.....

I live in New Mexico........, and my hubby drives a Truck, He is on a Dedicated run to chicago 2x's a week. So he is only home on average 1.5 to 2 days a week... (very difficult)

So in actuality.... I am really a SINGLE Parent most of the time.

My youngest has CP... slight case compared to most... only effects her right side, thumb and 1st 2 fingers, and cant turn arm over but has good use of it as a helper hand.... most people dont notice the handicap... she also is effected in her leg... she toe walks, but gets botox shots every 5 months to relax the leg... so again is not that noticable... she is in pre-school k-4 BUT way ready for 1st grade, she was not mentally effected at all... PTL

My oldest daughter is in 3rd grade, she Home Schools 1/2 days and is in PS 1/2 days... She is very independant, and is my middle kid.

My oldest is my SON.... He goes to PS all day.... I have problems with him... he is a year and 9 days older then his sister, but he is a hand-ful... night and day between the two... makes me want to pull my hair out....

I grew up in a family of girls, so raising him by myself is very taxing on me.........

He is rude, and is self-distructive----not physically to himself..., just sabatoge's himself relationship wise with everyone.... he is mean to everyone, he is selfish, and self-centered........ and thoughtless. needless to say He is challenge.............. He can also be very sensitive and sincere, He is EXTREMELY BRIGHT, and A Know it all... which is part of his problem........ He flaunts it... So He try's my patience...... *(anyone with boys that have advice would be helpful)

I am a Christian, Born again.... Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb........ and I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour.
I am a Prayer Warrior, and Intercessor....
and I believe I can not do it alone...... but that I can do all things in Christ who Strengthens me...

I am 39 yo... will be 40 in September, had my first child at 30, and gained 83 lbs with him, lost 40 and found out almost immediately I was pregnant again... gained 26 lost 26, but still had 40 lbs on when I got pregnant with last one... Gained 63 lbs only lost 23 had 40 lbs left from 3rd pregnancy....
Leaving me over 80lbs over weight... was 10 lbs over weight when i started... so WHOOPING 90 lbs to lose,

have struggled up and down for last 4 years... was down to 208 last September, but since October have gained 20 lbs... starting weight was 229 on 3/27/03
I am using SB (more or less)... just started and not abstaining completely from sugar....... (Addicted 39 years..., hard habit to break)

Went to a Chiropracter few weeks ago, and he told me that from the x-ray he took of me, that I am carrying 40 lbs of water in my mid-section area alone.... so he has put me on a NATURAL DIARETIC.... and He is the one that turned me onto Sugar Busters (SB)...

I have lost 9 lbs since I started 12 days ago..., but am sure that it is mostly water weight... (*specially since I started my period right after I started SB) weight went up and down like a yo-yo last week...

I am keeping a food journal, and exercise journal..., and I have changed my eating habits considerably... I am also charting my weight loss... so that I can see the RESULTS... (*I am also aware the scales will be changing because of muscle and fat differences)
I have also measured myself.... and will be keeping track of the inches... *(which really will tell the story more accurately.

I am now eating 3 meals a day, with 1 snack... I am drinking my prescribed Diaretic Tea.......... taking a fat burner pill, and exercising.

My goal is to get to 135-140... tops being 140 I fluctuate 3lbs every month water retention... so will be aiming for 137 probably....

I have a 70 year old KNEE............. and am only able to do limited exercise's or i cant walk for days....... so I am stuck using my recumbent bike or walking........ I have began to incorporate 10 minutes of weights for the upper body, and crunches in my work out...
which is as follows

2 minute slow warm up on bike
15 minutes fast pase bike
10 minutes exercise/weights... 15 reps of 10 different exercises
15 minutes fast pase bike
3 minute cool-down

Total 45 minute work out...

3 meals a day.... about same time each day...
(Natural) Diaretic Tea, and Water....

I have made the switch to whole grains, and stone ground breads, rice, etc.... but i still have some sweets, just moderately....... and am eating more FRUITS AND VEGYS and PROTEINS

am trying to eat a serving of each at every meal... *not consistent at BFast yet... but working on it.

WELL, ONE other thing about me is that I dont get much ADULT Conversation.... so I will post long posts when I do....... most of the time... so bear with me....

The last 2 days have been very difficult at home... hubby wants to leave........ and son makes life very difficult for the rest of us......................... so please if any of you pray...please keep me and my family on your prayer list... and thanks so much in advance for welcoming me to the group...

Looking forward to meeting you more, and getting to know you all better...

GB
deb =)
229/220/137

P.S.
Size 22-24

neck 15
arm 15
wrist 9
chest 44
waist 41
NOT Much difference in next two... Rounder then a TOMATOE
stomach 51
buttocks 52
thigh 27
calf 16
ankle 9

5'7 1/2 " tall....
25 years of Softball injured lots of body parts, just now showing up...
low self-esteem
and I get no support from hubby
(he has a critical spirit) not complimentary at all.......... never has a nice thing to say about anyone.......

SO I REALLY NEED THIS FORUM AS A SUPPORT SYSTEM...
NOT ONLY AS A MOM, BUT AS WOMAN TO WOMAN, AS WELL AS
A WIFE, AND MOTHER....

GB
Deb =)
Old 04-13-2003, 02:28 PM   #26  
burned out bus driver

Welcome Deb!!!!!!
I think I welcomed you a few posts ago.....left some personal info about myself too- if you don't get to read it I'll repost it, but just do not want to bore the others with my personal stuff. (they are all sick of me already ). You'll find a lot in common with others here- we have one with a truck driver hubby, there are at least two of us (besides you now ) who are born again believers- some kids with learning disabilities- my Ds who although has no disabilities is on a continual search to find new ways to make his mother crazy and not do his homework......... I sure hope that you feel comfortable here. Some of us leave long posts........some short........whatever you can do that day. Sounds like you have a great plan for losing weight and are off to a great start!!!!!! Those pounds will come off.......do not focus on the total number. One good part of Weight watchers is that your initial goal is to lose 10% of your body weight- that is your first goal and just in doing that you will feel and look better. I am going with a friend to WW who if she were to go to a goal weight within WW's range has probably 110# to lose........it is a long journey but those pounds do come off. Take it one day at a time- one pound at a time. Hang in here with us, you'll find plenty of encouragment!!!!!!!!!
Well, I just came online to print out a letter- not much new here.
We went to church this am- and will be doing some of our usual Easter traditions today as Dd will be in Florida next week with her HS softball team (her softball coach himself is an ordained minister and they will be attending church at his brother's church in Fla Easter Sunday.)

Guess I had better scoot and clean up after lunch. Have a great weekend!!!!!!
Ginny
Old 04-13-2003, 11:06 PM   #27  

Good evening all!
Well today has been a weird one for me. I went to church this morning which was great as usual, then after I came home I just kinda slid into a tiny depression... felt mad and irritable etc. Then we went to DH parents house and felt worse, had some soda and voila! Cheery again! What is up with that?! I was driving myself up the wall with how negative I was feeling... guess it was hormones. AHHH, I'm sick of pregnancy hormones taking over me. But it turned out to be a nice day after all. After we came home DH helped me deep clean the house. We actually attacked every room and I think a clean house can boost anyone's spirits... or maybe it was the Guns n Roses blaring on the stereo, lol, well either way it worked for me and now I am in a wonderful mood.
Sorry I haven't got personal tonight. I have to get off here and get myself to bed... I have a friend coming over early tomorrow. I'll talk to you all later!
Old 04-14-2003, 11:04 AM   #28  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!
Just came on to say hi- Dh stayed home to go to the Dr. He should be home soon. My inlaws are coming over tonite- so I had better go make my house look presentable. Have a great day!!!!! (sorry for not getting personal, maybe later)
Ginny
Old 04-14-2003, 09:59 PM   #29  
burned out bus driver

Well,I survived today...I had to come online to get directions for Dh, and had to vent. Lets start with the good news. The Dr was not worried about Dh's blood test- he took another to snoop around some more and see if all the thyroid levels were off but was not worried. He mentioned that if there is a problem that it is easily fixed with meds. So that is good- and I am glad that Dh even went to the Dr (he hates to go). I am about ready to lose it here though......last night I had yet another phone conversation with Ds's math teacher....his grades are poor and he does not care about math at all. (other subjects are ok). So last night Dh promised to do Ds's math homework with him (the other alternative was being tutored) and guess what did not happen?????!!!!!!!!! Dh told me "he was working downstairs for over an hour"- well I have evidence that Ds was playing computer games- and who knows about the math homework.
To quote Dh " you are being anal" and there is always tomorrow nite. Oh well.....sorry to be such a crank- it is just so frustrating. I could bore you with more but it would not fix a thing.

As far as my day- I got a 35 minute walk in and ate strangely but stayed in points range. I'd better scoot and finish getting these directions online.
Hope your day went well!
Ginny
Old 04-15-2003, 10:22 AM   #30  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning everyone!

I have to laugh! My DD took that picture of me with the scarf. She is only for.. so now you know why I have no head!

here is a better picture of us! This was our family christmas photo.. in my hubby's Miata

I am doing well... TOM is rearing its head and I am having CRAMPS bad! But I have been going to the gym 3 days a week and doing well with it. Eating is getting under control! not perfect but SO much better! I just wish TOM would be over so that I can get a true picture of my weight! I am showing a gain of 1.5 total now.. but my clothes are looser! Sigh..

I will check in more later! I have to run and get the kids to school!

talk to you all soon!
Closed Thread