Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Tea is always good, coffee is fine, and if you like something sweet I would recommend mio water enhancers. The walmart brand is also fine and tastes good.

And this is weird, but occasionally I'll drink chicken broth (maybe once a month, maybe more when it's cold out). I find it satisfies both hunger and thirst, if a bit salty.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #17  
too big to fail

Flavored sparkling water without sugar or sugar-free sweeteners does the trick for me. It's zero calorie, healthy for you, and feels like a treat after you get used to it.
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #18  
Golden Goose

S/C/G: 333/tracker/150

Height: 5'10

Thanks for all the responses! I've heard sooo many things about juice and soda, how it's bad for you no matter what, sugar and full of calories. Then I've heard good things about diet soda and how we should be drinking more juice. It's soooo confusing! I think cutting out soda was a good idea for me. Basically, I just love the tingle, the dance it does in my mouth and all the way down, haha, carbonation. Water is so plain and boring, I only crave it when i've eaten bad one day or after a workout, otherwise, it's boring and tasteless. I'll try the zero calorie flavor stuff, thanks!
Slush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #19  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

I like iced green tea also and I mix it with some flavored sparkling spring water I love the la croix coconut flavor but any are good to mix it up I squeeze in some fresh lime or lemon and it really tastes like a soda to me it helps a lot.

Or just put lemon or lime in your water that helps also. I get those little key limes and squeeze one of those in my water pretty much daily.

I really don't want artificial sweeteners they dont affect your weight loss but it seems for me they increase my appetite when I have them so I try to cut those all out plus they aren't healthy for you.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I drink mostly water. I try not to drink many calories. I put 0 calorie sweetener in tea if I have that on occasion, and use Mio to flavor plain water. I find I like it best if I use it about half as strong as recommended. I can probably count on one hand the number of sodas (diet - I never drank regular, even when I was fat) I've had in the last 12 months. I think the important thing is to drink plenty of fluids and keep the calories from those fluids to a minimum.

I think most "people" suggest staying away from sodas because there really isn't anything good in them at all. And fruit is better than juice in that you also get the fiber. Green tea is excellent, just limit the calories from sweeteners.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote