Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 250/225.5/167

Height: 5'7"

Thank you for starting this thread, shoeluver! I can so relate to you and many of the other posters here as I, too, am so much larger than my in-shape DH...and that's larger as in wider & heavier, not taller. I'm 43 and hope to be at my goal weight or even less by my anniversary next year.

My fat wall hit me when I finally had to give in and buy pants/shorts in a size 20 when I weighed 250lbs at 5'7". I had been squeezing myself in size 18 for awhile & was just in denial. You'd think I would have been inspired to lose weight for my various health issues or the incredulous looks I get from the skinny-minis at wondering why my DH is with me, but no...it was seeing the number 20 on my clothing tags.

Congrats to all of us for taking charge of our lives and doing something about our weight! I loved reading the posts here!
Simi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I've been single for a very long time and when I was married, hubby and I were pretty equal in the weight department - both could have lost a few pounds, but it wasn't bad. I put the largest part of my weight on after we divorced. I'm not sure what wall I hit last January, but something just clicked in. I guess I was just tired of thinking things were "not so bad" until I'd see a photo. Or random reflection. Or notice that my shadow was fatter than the person I was walking next to. Once it settled in that I had to do something, I just seemed to fall into a routine of eating healthy meals, cutting out junk, and exercising almost every day. Glad you had your magic moment and can now move forward.

Have fun in Vegas. Who cares what anyone thinks? You know the truth and that's all that matters. You owe it to yourself to be happy at any weight. Just do what you can to turn things around to a healthy future.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 271/254/150

YYYEEEEESSSS!! I know how you feel. When my boyfriend (of 4.5 years) and I first got together he was almost 100lbs bigger than me. In 2011 I gained 55 and he lost 30. The wake up point for me was, of all things, a baseball game! At my job I feel like I have all these fancy clothes designed to cover up my flaws. But when I put on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt for the game (clothes I tend to avoid) I saw just how big I was. The pictures we took together from that game scared the crap out of me. He looked so good and I couldn't help but think that he deserved to be there with somebody who could rock a pair of jean shorts and a cute jersey!

Anyway, it was a great motivator for me. I know he loves me like crazy at any size but I thought he (and I!) deserve someone who feels confident, sexy and isn't weighed down my thoughts of inadequacy!

Here's to channeling negative thoughts into motivation.
alliesarang is offline   Reply With Quote