Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Default How much can ingested food weigh? (TMI warning)

Ok so this weekend was so-so for staying on track. Saturday....definitely not, but my best friend who can only be described without any irony as my brotha-from-anotha-motha came to visit and I hadn't seen him in 6 months. So drinks and pizza and gaming were had and I ended up eating...oh...4 slices of pizza and 3 coolers plus stumbling drunkenly to the campus bar for poutine (fries with gravy and cheese curds). But, fatty food is like alcohol, it's only a problem if you intake it frequently, right? I knew I'd gain and I was ok with it and I wasn't about to let it become a daily or even weekly thing.

Anyway, Sunday was a little bit emotional because of in law drama and I had some chinese...but only ate a third of a plate worth 900 calories and most of it was veggies, so apart from nasty salt i think I did ok. I ended the night with LOTS of water to flush out my excess salt, a grilled cheese and a bowl of oatmeal.

Here's my problem:I haven't pooped since Friday! I can -feel- it in me. I've upped my fiber intake today as well as downing black coffee after black coffee in hopes of getting traffic moving again.

My weight is currently 223.2, 2lbs higher than it was on Friday...could it all be food? How much food can intestines store?
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hmm, I think you cannot and will never know exactly what percentage of pounds consists of what. Could be poop, food, water, gas, sooo many things. Chinese food is SUPER salty, so is poutine, and coffee makes some people bloat and retain water weight.

If you go back to regularly scheduled programming, those 2 lbs will be ancient history!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #3  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

Dr Oz says you can have up to 25lbs in your intestines. Obviously not all of that is "exit ready" lol. I'm quite sure that when you get to get rid of some of it, you'll see a difference!
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 172/170/130

Height: 5'7

The intestines can hold a lot depending on how backed up you are. My BF had an impacted bowel back in April (now there's TMI for you) and the poor guy was in some serious pain and ended up having to use a pretty extreme laxative (the kind they give you before a colonoscopy apparently). Out of a desire to be fully informed he weighed himself before and after and lost nearly 6lbs. Keeping in mind that some of that is water as well since most laxatives work by drawing water from the body into the intestines.

You could always find out by weighing once things get moving again and then you would have an idea if this is an actual weight gain. It seems unlikely that you would gain 2lbs in a weekend. Krampus is also correct that most of the foods you ate were very high in sodium so it could be a combination of water retention and sluggish digestion.
Veela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I'd say you are definitely full of poop. HA! All kidding aside, ya it could definitely be poop, most likely a lot of water as well. You very well may be in for a whoosh, but don't be surprised if you "go" and don't lose all that 2 pounds.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #6  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Lmao I'm always full of poop, so I can tell you honestly, it could be a bunch of things but if you haven't gone in a few days, that can probably be it. lol

Completely random though ----->> I FREAKING LOVE when Non-Quebecers talk about poutine, it makes me so proud *tear*
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote