Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #16  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brid View Post
Nuts = good
Raisins = fruit = good
Chocolate = antioxidants
That's not one bad thing!...

Edited for REAL Fat girl logic...
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #17  
Fitty, the Pound-Slayer

S/C/G: 303/287/150

Height: 5'8

Unhappy

I'm really struggling with this kind of thinking right now. It's like there is nothing more my self wants than to psych myself out. Part of mine is that I keep thinking: "You have always been a fat loser, you always will be a fat loser, there is nothing you can do about it." (Self esteem issues! UGH!) I know these thoughts sabotage my will to try, but darn if they aren't like kutdzu: hard to kill and seem to grow everywhere. How are the rest of y'all weeding out these things?
fatbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #18  

Height: 4'11"

Ugh, fat girl logic has gotten me in trouble so much! I lost twenty pounds and gained most of it back because I told myself it was okay to treat myself once and awhile... and then I told myself I'd start again tomorrow since I already screwed up today... lol! I feel ya! Now my problems FINALLY have a name!
poorcollegegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

Yep. A few days ago I broke down and had one brownie from a pan of them, and since it was over my calorie budget for the day, I decided that I had blown it and eagerly ate several more. The ways we justify binging.....

However, I gritted my teeth and started new the next day like I had never stumbled. I didn't feel like doing it, but I made myself. And now I'm back to the weight I was before I ate those despicable brownies. TODAY is the only day we *can* start eating right. TOMORROW never comes.

Last edited by tricon7; 05-17-2012 at 04:42 PM.
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #20  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

My fat girl logic always seems to kick in when I'm sleep deprived - without fail.

Better sleep? Real logic quicks in.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #21  

Mine is always "well if this skinny person eats it, then I can eat it!"
I would feel so great when a skinny person ate donuts or talked about McDs or something, I think cause it validated my own food choices.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #22  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brid View Post
I find the worst part is, now I'm so aware of what I'm putting into my body, if I screw up and eat a cake, I not only then berate myself for eating the cake, but also for letting myself screw up with a cake of such inferior quality.
I do this too. I swear that the only thing that is stopping me from having any of the donut holes that I let dd3 talk me into at the grocery store this morning is that grocery store donut holes are just not worth the calories and I will feel like they were crappy waste of calories in addition to not having any calories left for wine this evening. Or worse, I'll have even more wine or some other dessert because those crappy donut hole calories weren't worth it and therefore didn't count.
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #23  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
Mine is always "well if this skinny person eats it, then I can eat it!"
I would feel so great when a skinny person ate donuts or talked about McDs or something, I think cause it validated my own food choices.
Yes! Or y'know if I was eating pizza with a thin friend I'd have maybe a slice less. Because then my calories wouldn't count haha. I'm smart.

I've totally scanned the ingredients of the least healthy food ever for something that's not a chemical/E number and then it's fine to eat.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:44 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 263/256.8/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbressler1976 View Post
I have been avoiding "fat girl logic" like the plague because once it gets ahold of me, it has me forever! ...but I do give into "lazy girl logic".... I can always exercize later.....my muscles need a couple of days rest... lol
I'm a sufferer of both! lol I can definitely be lazy. I need to get myself on a better schedule so I can fit in more exercise.

Ugh. Sometimes it just feels like the journey is too long. But you have to start somewhere. Good luck, ladies. We have to fight back against this insanity and take back our logic! haha
jj0293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #25  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbookworm View Post
Part of mine is that I keep thinking: "You have always been a fat loser, you always will be a fat loser, there is nothing you can do about it." (Self esteem issues! UGH!) I know these thoughts sabotage my will to try, but darn if they aren't like kutdzu: hard to kill and seem to grow everywhere. How are the rest of y'all weeding out these things?

I've found that self sabatoge really starts in the head, for sure! So try this: when your NEGATIVE inner voice calls yourself a "fat loser" you can turn it around by making the adjective into a noun- for instance, retaliate with "Yes, I AM a fat loser!... I am LOSING THE FAT!- therefore I am a FAT LOSER!" ...you know, like 'The Biggest Loser'

Just take that bad talk & flip it!!! Make it good talk!!! Make the negative a positive! YOU CAN DO THAT! - and before you know it, when you say "fat loser" you'll feel the positive in that statement & it will no longer have a negative effect on you.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

I managed to lose two pounds overnight last week, on what I like to call the "cider and sausage rolls diet". That's far more than I'd been losing per day on the "sweat and vegetables" diet. Then the birthday came along, and the fat logic - if I lose two pounds by eating sausage rolls, how much will I lose by eating sausage rolls and ice cream and chocolates and a big greasy fried breakfast and cake?

Unfortunately, the fat logic did not stand up to the crushing weight of reality (and cake).

And the self esteem part is hellish! I have the "you're a fat [expletive], you always have been and you always will be" occasionally when exercising. Sometimes it leads to dissolving in tears, sometimes I get angry about it. Neither's ideal, but at least if I get angry at myself for being generally rubbish, that anger fuels more exercise.
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #27  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
Fat girl logic = I paid so much for this buffet... I'm still working on that one.

F.
This is my worst one. I'm all about getting my money's worth. Skip dessert? I paid for it!
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

I know all about that!! I hate that fat boy demon on my shoulder. He is the main reason I have not yet been able to lose weight! Him and the fact I listen to him!! See when I mess up I decide 'Oh ****, messed up now, might as well go pig out ALL DAY!'
This is what I trying to get over; I can mess up, that is inevitable. But I have to put it behind me and move on!

The craziest logic I also have is part of an excuse I made for myself! I have always been big and everyone knows it bout me... a stupid part of me thinks I wouldn't be me if I was kind of average size. For real I think I can only be a happier me!
xxxx
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:54 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

I have to say, I am soooo guilty.

I have found to be true (as well as so many others) if I don't give it to sugar, I don't crave it. If I think, "Oh, I can have a small bite of my friends ice cream," the only thing I want ALL day is sugar. And I will eat it ALL day. It's best for me to stay clear.
Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:45 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbookworm View Post
I'm really struggling with this kind of thinking right now. It's like there is nothing more my self wants than to psych myself out. Part of mine is that I keep thinking: "You have always been a fat loser, you always will be a fat loser, there is nothing you can do about it." (Self esteem issues! UGH!) I know these thoughts sabotage my will to try, but darn if they aren't like kutdzu: hard to kill and seem to grow everywhere. How are the rest of y'all weeding out these things?
I think something similar when I mess up.. I think I messed up, I'm still fat, I'll always be fat so it doesn't matter if I eat more that day...
I feel if I go over my calories or eat something bad that I won't lose and will still stay fat, so it's ok to just keep binging. although some logic kicks in and says I will still lose even if I went over by a few hundred, I just won't be losing as fast why make 300 calories a 1000+ calorie binge?
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote