Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 250/147/120

Height: 163cm

I actually never was much of a sweet/candy/naughty food person until after I started changing my eating habits.

Now I could eat a whole bar of chocolate or extra slices of cake and feel awful about it... so I try to just steer clear. If I'm craving something sweet, I'll try and get the healthiest possible version, or hold off on having anything "naughty" completely until it's my 'bliss meal' (sounds much better than cheat meal! haha)... I'll have a chocolate bar or a slice of cake, or something extra that I've been craving and then resign myself to the fact I can't have any again until next week.

It helps that I don't really have anyone to pick bites from, although sometimes there are naughty treats in the fridge I take advantage of
HappyStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 216.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardendiva View Post
LOL I am glad snaggly said it first...I don't like participating in the "can I have a bite" thing, either being the asker or askee. I never like when people want to taste my food in a restaurant, I feel like a stray dog guarding a bone I just found. For that reason, I would never ask for a bit of anyone else's food, for fear they would want me to reciprocate. It's a weird thing to admit out loud, it makes me sound a little crazy, but I guess if have issues with food possessiveness.

For all you folks that freely share your food, you are far better people than I am. :-)
Oh, I don't do the bite thing with many people. Mine is pretty much only family... like my hubby or my Mom and Dad! LOL I have maybe one or two close friends that I would do that with, but even then it's very very rare! LOL So, no, you're not weird or crazy!
JustJ280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #18  
...and I need to dance!

S/C/G: 176.6/144.4/140

Height: 5'3"

I just have to keep reminding myself that all of those bites add up. My husband usually orders desert or something that is fairly unhealthy if we go out. So I can satisfy any craving that I might have by trying a bit of what he has on his plate. The trick is stopping at a couple bites.
SisterFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Yeah, I do the bite thing a lot when my husband and I go out to eat. I find it helpful as I'm also prone to eating out of taste curiosity.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #20  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

It depends. With some things, like very dark chocolate, a bit is plenty satisfying and enough. But with other things I can't exercise control and they precipitate cravings. So I am learning to limit these things very much in general, and then on times like this last weekend (birthday and Mother's day, for me) I indulge as much as I want and don't stress. Then I am back on track the rest of the yer and suffer no ill effects.

With sugar, satisfying the craving can do more harm than letting it subside, for me. So I have to watch it closely.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #21  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardendiva View Post
LOL I am glad snaggly said it first...I don't like participating in the "can I have a bite" thing, either being the asker or askee. I never like when people want to taste my food in a restaurant, I feel like a stray dog guarding a bone I just found. For that reason, I would never ask for a bit of anyone else's food, for fear they would want me to reciprocate. It's a weird thing to admit out loud, it makes me sound a little crazy, but I guess if have issues with food possessiveness.

For all you folks that freely share your food, you are far better people than I am. :-)
I never used to do it much, but since having children I am very used to quantities and bites being passed around. My infants beg tastes and the toddlers always want seconds, or don't finish their dinner and then it gets saved, consumed by someone else, tossed, whatever. But there's a lot of sampling these days - now it doesn't even phase me.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote