Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #31  

Height: 5'6

I'm sure you can sneak some froyo in every 2 days. Froyo tastes sooo much like ice cream, I prefer it over any kind of ice cream now.. soft-serve texture> creamy ice cream.

Anywho, skinny cow does great ice cream for very little calories. give it a go!
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/135

Height: 5ft 3.5

I think fruit smoothies would help curve the craving. I like the idea of frozen fruit too. I don't do the gallon icecreams, gave them up a long time ago..I would fill a bowl up for sure! I just have single serving icecream now...and probably when they are gone I won't buy anymore! The graham cracker and whipped cream is a cool idea! I will have to try it.
want2bskine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #33  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

The Cool Whip Sandwich is a great idea! Thanks so much!

Last edited by luckymommy; 05-10-2012 at 09:33 AM.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #34  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Mixing frozen fruit and milk in a blender/food processor can produce very similar results to ice cream...the texture and creaminess suggests that it's even more decadent than the real thing, and the only sugar you're getting is from the fruit. It's GREAT if you're looking for ice cream alternatives.

Or just eat ice cream if you can stop yourself before you're staring into the bottom of a bucket.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #35  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystreak View Post
I'm sure you can sneak some froyo in every 2 days. Froyo tastes sooo much like ice cream, I prefer it over any kind of ice cream now.. soft-serve texture> creamy ice cream.

Anywho, skinny cow does great ice cream for very little calories. give it a go!
Oh my gosh, frozen yogurt! Now I want to go to Red Mango. Thank goodness there aren't any near work
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
Banana ice cream, for example, doesn't really require anything but frozen bananas.
Yep! Banana ice cream is awesome if you're looking for something cold and creamy.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #37  
...and I need to dance!

S/C/G: 176.6/144.4/140

Height: 5'3"

The only ice cream you will find in our freezer is from Skinny Cow. Everything I've tried of theirs is pretty good. Plus it's portioned out so it is easy to stop at one.
SisterFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #38  

I don't believe in depriving, but you must remove it if its an uncontrollable urge. I had a big bowl of light breyers ice cream last weekend and it was worked into my calories. It was measured along with the slivered almonds and it was delish. I also love So Delicious Coconut Almond Bars. If at the end of the day I have calories to account for it I will have it. With adding it into your calories though, don't sacrifice a meal to make room for it.
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #39  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Yummmm... icccceeeee creaaammmmmmmmm!!!!!!

Part of the reason why I count calories, and why I've been able to stick to it for over 2 years, is that I make sure I get my "yummy treat" each day. Quite often, that treat is ice cream. In its many different forms! - Breyers Vanilla w/Bean Specks is the BEST vanilla ice cream on the planet, and it's simply made. 1/2 cup has only 130 calories. I can work with that! Add some fresh cut strawberries and a dollop of Cool Whip Lite and WALLAH! - awesome dessert without going over my calorie count for the day!

Breyers also has the Fruit Bars (my fav is the strawberry/orange/raspberry) and they are 40 calories per bar. QUITE yummy! - and at 40 calories each? I can have two!!!

I also enjoy the Skinny Cow line. And Weight Watchers Giant Chocolate Fudge Bar has only 110 calories - and WOW - it really IS giant!!

I am currently eating Fudge Pops for dessert - and like the Breyers Fruit Bars, one pop has only 40 calories, so I can safely eat 2 & still remain well within my caloric range for the day. Gotta love a 2-fer!!!

Point is, there are MANY MANY choices out there. Ya just gotta find a few that work for you, and practice PORTION CONTROL (which, I know, easier said than done!) - if I had to cut out all the things I love, I'd never lose weight. Thank the goddesses I don't have to!

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 05-10-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 257/257/157

Height: 5'7"

I have one mini ice cream sandwich everyday. I look forward to it, and it hasn't hindered my weight loss at all.
I also freeze bananas and blend them up a bit - tastes almost exactly like ice cream. Add a little cocoa powder and you have chocolate ice cream.
PinkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

If I really want a milkshake like product, I'll take Arctic Zero Chocolate ice cream (I don't like it by itself) and blend it with a banana, almond milk and extra unsweetened cocoa powder. It's pretty darn good and fairly low in calories especially if my kids and DH get to it first and I only get a 1/2 cup.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #42  
on a mission

S/C/G: 294/restart!!!

Height: 5'1

Ugh. Now I want some icecream!! Probably will get something from skinny cow over the weekend. I always see it but never get it. Lol. I think I will now. Thanks guys!
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
Yep! Banana ice cream is awesome if you're looking for something cold and creamy.
YES! I feel like I'm cheating when I blend up and eat frozen bananas. Add some cocoa powder and its sinful!
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammasita View Post
YES! I feel like I'm cheating when I blend up and eat frozen bananas. Add some cocoa powder and its sinful!
I love to add 1/2T natural peanut butter, but my daughter likes some nutella blended in or to stir in chocolate chips.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #45  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

I have ice cream every night. I have a strawberry cheesecake between vanilla cookies sandwich from Schwan's. 150 calories. Hits the spot completely.

Some things I'm just not giving up. If it fits within your plan and it doesn't make you want more, do it.

IMO, complete deprivation is why most weight loss fails in the long haul.

Vex is offline   Reply With Quote