Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-30-2011, 12:28 AM   #1  
Phase 1'ing it for now...

S/C/G: 236/226/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Don't you dare call me a fat b*tch...

...or I will eat you.
(the humor hides my pain)

There's nothing worse than being called "fat b*tch" by strangers. Complete strangers who find humor in your complete public humiliation.

I will try not to let it hurt me anymore.
SeattleSouthBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:38 AM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

That would be "MS. *****" to you and don't forget it!

A few years ago, in and argument, topic long forgotten, my Dh called me a cold, hard hearted *****. I told him, YUP, that's me, don't ever forget that!

There are worse things in life than that! Personally, I would wear that badge with pride! But that's just me.

You might be overweight, but, you can lose the weight, the offender, well they will be forever stupid!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 258/146ish/146ish

Height: 5' 5

I'm sorry that happened to you. I was picked on majorly in school and was called many things.

However, the worse thing that was ever said to me by an adult was when my mother and I were walking on a rural dirt road where we used to live in VT. A neighbor(which everyone even his family were scared of), passed us, stopped, and wrote on a piece of paper "Look at those fat f'in heifers" and put it in the middle of the road anchored by a rock.

Shake it off. Some people get pleasure by being cruel!
monmis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #4  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

DON'T let it hurt you! Just remember that those strangers must have sad lives if they need to pick on other folks.

Due to my family, hearing lots of insults as a child from other children (I've been overweight/obese my whole life pretty much), and working retail, I've come up with a variety of sarcastic comebacks to these morons. I refuse to let folks have power over me and give them what they want—me getting upset.

I've had folks tell me "you're fat!" and I look shocked and say "really? I wondered why those size zero pants were too tight, THANKS FOR TELLING ME." It often leaves them shocked, confused and feeling like a total idiot. They were expecting me to cry or yell, but instead got more than they bargained for

I really learned not to let folks have power over me when I worked retail as a teen. I worked with a lot of girls that would just cry when customers yelled at them (power-tripping idiots, apparently). Thinking this would work on me, they would yell and scream at me for the silliest things. I would just smile, continue to be SUPER NICE, and even wish them a wonderful day! It was so funny to see their faces turn red as they TRIED to get me to cry or yell but it just wouldn't work and I would just keep smiling

Don't let idiots have power over you; give them something they'd never expect!

Last edited by sontaikle; 09-30-2011 at 09:01 AM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #5  
~Kim~

I know how you feel and unfortunately that kind of thing sticks with you.

When I was probably 19 or 20 I had a miata. I was at a gas station standing at the pump and a car full of teenage girls stopped at a red light on the corner. They started chanting, "Fat B*tch in a little car!" I just pretended like I couldn't hear them, I finished pumping my gas, got back in the car as quick as I could and cried all the way home.

Obviously it's something I haven't forgotten and probably never will. But I try to keep in mind that they were just stupid little girls who still had a lot of growing up to do and that people in my life who care about me and support me would never treat me like that and those are the people that matter.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:34 AM   #6  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Once when my son was 1 I bought a bike with child seat and took my son for a ride...I live on a shoreline and a jeep full of buff young men drove by and "mooed" at me. I have never ridden a bike since. That was my first and last on that bike.

When I was in highschool I went to CA for vacations. As I was leaving the beach for the day a group of buff guys were driving by...one yelled had I ever heard of the rotating diet? Side note: still have never heard of that diet, must be an 80s CA thing

Like Sontaikle I have learned to shrug it off. When someone tells me I'm fat my come back is "oh, I always thought I was anorexic and just thought as myself as fat." Or "you should put that in the newspaper, as I wasn't aware."

People are stupid and name calling isn't really about us, it's more about their self esteem. People put others down to lift themselves up. Makes me wonder why all those buff guys were insulting...maybe that some "small" issues or they knew they'd never get a girl like me BWAHAAAHAA. I like meat, but not meat heads.

This stings now, but in the future you will look back on it...make it a proud time for you. Let this be a moment of courage and determination rather than letting some ding a ling get the best of you. You control your destiny not stupid people with stupid words.

Sticks and stones....stay strong
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:51 AM   #7  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I was passed on a cold winter walk one day by two guys who were running. They said something about "Gotta move faster than that if you are going to lose it fatty".

My reply: "I'm pretty sure at least 10 lbs will come off when I have my baby next week**, when is your baby due?"

**and yet in what to this day remains the greatest violation of the mass balance law ever I gave birth to an 8 1/2 lb baby and the usual accompanying other stuff and came home a mere 6 lbs lighter.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:54 AM   #8  
Life is about balance

Egads!!!!!!!!!!! where do people get the b*lls. Seriously would any of us say anything like this? NO. It blows me away how people think they have the right to blurt out anything they want to total strangers.

Ennay thats all I can say.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:00 AM   #9  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
Egads!!!!!!!!!!! where do people get the b*lls. Seriously would any of us say anything like this? NO. It blows me away how people think they have the right to blurt out anything they want to total strangers.
I've always wanted to blurt out to the steroid fueled jerk at my gym "I bet you have teeny-tiny balls" but I dont.

Some of us struggle with not putting everything in our mouth, some of us struggle with not letting everything out.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:07 AM   #10  
Life is about balance

ennay LOL as I read that last post I had such an image in my head. SO when some idiot blurts out something stupid a new come back could be "how long have you had diarrhea of the mouth, should get that checked."

I have always been told I am not a friendly person actually I am a proud B-tch, but still to this day, I have never insulted a person unless provoked.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:26 AM   #11  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

People are jackazzes.
No, seriously, they really are.

Some of us can let insults roll off our back like water off a duck, while others take it to heart & flush with shame. While that's understandable (because words CAN be very hurtful) I do think, with a little practice, even the sweetest of wallflowers can learn how to "b*tch properly."

I always think of Evelyn Couch (Kathy Bates) in Fried Green Tomatoes. When she's grocery shopping, and that young punk was so azzhole-ish to her, and her bag ripped & she spilled all her groceries... and she cried. But then later on, she got her chutzpah working, and ...
Quote:
(Evelyn) I never get mad, Miss Threadgoode, never, the way I was raised, it was bad manners. Well I got mad, and it felt great. I felt like I could just beat the *** out of all those punks! Excuse my language. And then when I finish with those punks, I'll take on all the wife beaters like Frank Bennett, machine gun their genitals!!! Towanda will go on a rampage! I'll slip tiny bombs into Penthouse and Playboys so they explode when you open them! I'll ban all fashion models who weigh under 130 pounds! And I'll give half the military budget to people over 65 and declare wrinkles sexually desirable!

Towanda! Righter of Wrongs, Queen Beyond Compare!

(Miss Threadgood) How many them hormones you take'n honey?
"TOWANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

So ...to those who have the "Evelyn Couch" syndrome, I hope you find your inner "Tawanda" & let'r rip!!!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:42 AM   #12  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Good grief, I am a very sheltered fat girl. I can't believe people are so flippin' MEAN. WTH is wrong with people to say something like that????
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:02 PM   #13  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

I remember walking across campus back to my office and some college boys mooed at me. I had to look around to see if it was actually me they were mooing at, yep, I was the only one around. I thought WTF, who do these jerks think they are, I am old enough to be their mother and they are disrespecting me like that.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:05 PM   #14  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
Once when my son was 1 I bought a bike with child seat and took my son for a ride...I live on a shoreline and a jeep full of buff young men drove by and "mooed" at me. I have never ridden a bike since. That was my first and last on that bike.
I used to live where you live (grew up there, actually), and a jeep full of buff, rude young men doesn't surprise me at all. I'm sorry you went through that. I have literally never lived anywhere else where people have commented on my weight.... that I've heard. Not to make a generalization of a geographic area. I'd still like to move back when I can, but wow, some people are terrible!

To the OP, and to everyone else who has experienced this- don't let it get you down. People who make comments are insecure about themselves- it has nothing to do with you. I don't know about anyone else, but I rarely even NOTICE other people's weight. It doesn't concern me and why anyone would go around knocking others down is completely beyond me.

Last edited by djs06; 09-30-2011 at 12:15 PM.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote