Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #1  
sour junior member

Unhappy First day of my diet and I'm already fading

Today is the first day of a diet. I don't even know it's name. For 3 days, I eat 16 oz of protein only. After that, I add 6 oz of fruit and veg to my 16 oz. I continue w/22 oz of food until I reach my goal and then I start adding healthy fats and fiber, like nuts and legumes.

1st day is almost over and I'm having a hard time concentrating. Low blood sugar, I think.

I need this to work. I've seen and been told that you can lose up to 10 pounds the first 3 days. I don't want to get my hopes up... but I can't wait for this to happen.
sour lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #2  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Wow honey, that's an extremely restrictive and extreme diet. No wonder you're fading fast. I sure a ton of people will say the same thing, but if you do a super strict diet to shed the pounds you're more likely to put it all back on as soon as you go back to 'normal' eating. Your best bet is to slow down, start logging the calories you eat every day, and start changing how you work with food in your life. But it's hard to understand or want to hear that if you're dead set on just shedding pounds as quickly as possible. Just something to think about.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #3  
too big to fail

What were you eating before this diet? How many calories have you consumed today?
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #4  
sour junior member

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchievictim View Post
Wow honey, that's an extremely restrictive and extreme diet. No wonder you're fading fast. I sure a ton of people will say the same thing, but if you do a super strict diet to shed the pounds you're more likely to put it all back on as soon as you go back to 'normal' eating. Your best bet is to slow down, start logging the calories you eat every day, and start changing how you work with food in your life. But it's hard to understand or want to hear that if you're dead set on just shedding pounds as quickly as possible. Just something to think about.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah. I can feel how restrictive this diet is, but I have to do it. The woman that gave it to me got it from a weight management center in town. She has to report to the center every week to get B12 shots and fat burners and appetite suppressors. I'm not doing any of those except for the meal plan- too expensive. The program was designed by doctors for rapid weight loss and management. By the end of the program you realize that you have been trained to eat a balanced meal and amount.

You are allowed one day of feasting so that you can stick to the diet- or as they call it, "Life style."

I was born big. I've always been big. It's this or surgery, and I don't want that.

Just feeling hopeless at this point.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 148/142/119

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchievictim View Post
my thoughts exactly.
it's better to lose it slowly and keep it off for good than to lose weight quickly through extreme restriction, then gain it back quickly once you stop this restriction. that's really a horrible cycle to get into. believe me i've been there and it did a lot of damage to my body and it took quite a long time to increase my metabolism again so that i wouldn't wind up gaining weight from anything more than 1,000 calories.

Last edited by chocohot; 04-15-2012 at 09:29 PM.
chocohot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #6  
sour junior member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
What were you eating before this diet? How many calories have you consumed today?
Wow. I just did the math. 668 calories consumed. If I ate my allowed 2 oz of food left, it would bring it up to 808. I don't know. Doesn't sound too bad. During my anorexia period, I consumed 300 calories a day.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #7  
sour junior member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
Before this diet, I was mostly eating veggies and fruit- hardly any protein, except on one day a week.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #8  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

To me it sounds like you have a very unhealthy view of food. From insane diets to anorexia, your relationship with food isn't good. Have you tried doing less severe diets? Depending on how heavy you are, you can still easily AND healthily lose pounds each week by calorie counting. You won't feel deprived plus it is sustainable, unlike these crazy diets. Super restrictive diets have a very high fail rate due to them being to hard to maintain.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 228/199/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sour lemons View Post
Wow. I just did the math. 668 calories consumed. If I ate my allowed 2 oz of food left, it would bring it up to 808. I don't know. Doesn't sound too bad. During my anorexia period, I consumed 300 calories a day.
Ahh, you need to eat more! No wonder you're feeling like a zombie! I don't know your height or anything but you could probably be eating double that amount of calories!
kimminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #10  
sour junior member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candeka View Post
To me it sounds like you have a very unhealthy view of food. From insane diets to anorexia, your relationship with food isn't good. Have you tried doing less severe diets? Depending on how heavy you are, you can still easily AND healthily lose pounds each week by calorie counting. You won't feel deprived plus it is sustainable, unlike these crazy diets. Super restrictive diets have a very high fail rate due to them being to hard to maintain.
Hi there. I have come a long way since my anorexia days. I'm not scared of food anymore. I'm trying to get rid of years of weight. All the research I've done says that this diet is pretty hardcore, but in the end, the dieter is living a normal life with normal amounts of food. I guess it's restrictive at first to get the fat burning at a certain rate, then maintained.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #11  
too big to fail

Quote:
I don't think many doctors would recommend that amount. Slow and easy is how many folks do it here. Why don't you look up some of the success threads and see how those folks did it? I don't think I've seen any that have done it on that few calories per day.
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #12  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Hi there. I have come a long way since my anorexia days. I'm not scared of food anymore. I'm trying to get rid of years of weight. All the research I've done says that this diet is pretty hardcore, but in the end, the dieter is living a normal life with normal amounts of food. I guess it's restrictive at first to get the fat burning at a certain rate, then maintained.
It doesn't matter if its hardcore and that others have lived a normal life afterwards. What matters is if it is sustainable FOR YOU!. Lots of people lose tons of weight doing low carb, but I could never ever stick to a low carb diet, so I would fail at losing weight on it. If you are already struggling so bad on the first day, do you really think you can keep going the entire distance while still having the energy to complete day to day tasks?

Since the calories are so low, make sure a doctor is monitoring you....
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Appetite supressors and fat burners doesn't sound legit to me. Programs that make wild promises such as losing 10 pounds in 3 days rarely do what they claim.When you have a rapid weight loss you are apt to have an even more rapid weight gain.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #14  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

It's not a sustainable diet which means in the long run you probably won't get anywhere. You'll just torture yourself for nothing.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

I agree with what everyone else has been saying. My suggestion: eat 1,200 to 1,500 calories per day and exercise 3 hours per week. Choose mainly (but not exclusively) healthy foods. That's all. Do this every day and the weight will come off. You won't feel hungry and you'll learn about the foods that most satisfy you along the way.

Freelance
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote