Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #16  

UGH I wear them for work and for going out. Its horrible, but I save money because they are fitting me since they are stretchy and they can be worn anywhere cause they are black. Everyone thinks I like to look sloppy lmao. I love fashion. =(
I hate the thought of spending money on non-goal weight clothes, not sure why...even the cheap clothes
Can't wait to FEEL jeans on my legs. I know I oculd get them now but I don't want to even try em on till I get to goal weight. Its been 4 years at least, I pretty much forgot the feel of jeans.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 235/233.2/140

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
UGH I wear them for work and for going out. Its horrible, but I save money because they are fitting me since they are stretchy and they can be worn anywhere cause they are black. Everyone thinks I like to look sloppy lmao. I love fashion. =(
I hate the thought of spending money on non-goal weight clothes, not sure why...even the cheap clothes
Can't wait to FEEL jeans on my legs. I know I oculd get them now but I don't want to even try em on till I get to goal weight. Its been 4 years at least, I pretty much forgot the feel of jeans.
I know what you mean, but at the same time I think buying "real" clothes helps you learn to really appreciate your current body. I don't think you have to buy up a storm, but when you get caught in the idea that you'll only buy when you've lost a little weight, or worse -- you buy clothes for the next size down -- it leads to feeling like you don't "deserve" to look nice as you are now, which in my experience leads to the kind of thinking that causes binging and falling off the wagon.
viklane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #18  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

when my younger son was just born, i KNEW i had gained weight, about 40 pounds, but i refused to put myself down for that...i bought a few nice things for work that FIT me even if they were another size bigger...and felt amazing! and began working on losing the weight...there is no reason to dress in clothes you dont like, just because you dont like your weight...

and also....i USED to like jeans...i wore jeans every day for years at any weight...and when i became pregnant with my younger son, i came to HATE the restrictive feeling of jean material and of things across my stomach...i thought it would go away after pregnancy but it never did...i still hate the thick, stiff feel of jeans

i have a pair of black pants that i just love...i call them yoga pants but im not sure if they really are...i got them in the athletic section of the store but they are a thin, soft material...they aren't really stretchy, just loose and comfortable..the waist does not zip/button, nor does it look elastic so im not sure...they used to be tight and as ive lost weight they've become veryyy loose...but i just dont want to get another pair of pants lol
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by viklane View Post
I know what you mean, but at the same time I think buying "real" clothes helps you learn to really appreciate your current body. I don't think you have to buy up a storm, but when you get caught in the idea that you'll only buy when you've lost a little weight, or worse -- you buy clothes for the next size down -- it leads to feeling like you don't "deserve" to look nice as you are now, which in my experience leads to the kind of thinking that causes binging and falling off the wagon.
You are right. I have been trying to hate myself less, and since I tend to make the goal moment a too big of a deal, I panic about it, and I binge when I panic. I'm buying new bras.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

I bought pants like this specifically for my exercising but yeah they're so comfy thy I pretty much always wear em in the house, lol. I actually think they make me look a lot slimmer than my jeans, and they make my butt look awesome, LOL

I still wear my jeans out for the fear of the "look at the fat girl in sweat pants", unless I go to the store after being out for a wall, then I don't care.

I refuse to buy another pair of pants in my current size so I'll be wearing what I have for a while.
Alyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #21  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

I love yoga pants, sweats, baggy, comfy flannel jammie bottoms!

On the other hand, I've often wondered, if the invention of polyester, which became very popular back in the early 70's, was the demise of watching your weight and exercise.

Before polyester became so popular, we wore cotton. Cotton dresses, cotton shirts, cotton jeans,(aka, button fly, shrink to fit Levi's) and cotton slacks. Or in the winter we wore wool.

Very unforgiven fabrics, if you gained any weight.

Then along came Polly! Stretch pants, in every color of the rainbow, with little creases sewed right in. No need to iron! Yay! And then, Polly gave us stretchy shirts, with flowers, paisley, bedazzled. And then, Polly gave us PLAID! Plaid pants and jackets, and the shirts to match!

The great thing is Polly NEVER wears out! I have a quilt made of the stuff. Tough as iron.

Fast forward and we get spandex! The spandex leggings popular in the late 80's. Everyone wore them. Topped with a Christmas type sweater, that hung almost to your knees! Now that's attractive.

And then, fast forward, the fabric/fashion industry gives us fleece! OMG! I have a hate/love relationship with fleece. I love the stuff. But, I will not be caught dead wearing my fleece jammie bottoms at the store.

Anyway, I do wonder, if anyone has ever gotten, or considered, getting any grant money to study the affect of the invention of Polyester, and the stretchy fabrics that followed it, on obesity.

Beyond all I posted above, and with no intention of offending anyone.

I can sew. I understand, pleats, darts, gathering, tailoring, and taking a pattern, or an off the rack piece of clothing, and fitting it to your body, so it's flattering.

Along with that, being older, I was taught, you do not go out in public in anything that looks like your jammies. For the love of God, have a little respect for yourself, get dressed, wash and comb your hair!

On the other hand, no one in the world, wants to see me at home on the farm in my gardening outfit. Cut off BDU military pants, they have lots of pockets, and a cut off tank top.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:25 AM   #22  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Draw string.... big T shirts.... Oh yea, I was there too.

I have some nice, stretchy waist band jeans that are so comfy. They were made to accommodate a larger mid section, you know, the muffin top zone. I love Lee jeans! They have realistic cuts for realistic figures. We all aren't tiny waistline teenagers.

However, that doesn't change the fact that my real desire is to be able to wear my old, 100% denim jeans, with no elastic or stretchy fabric and think they are comfortable!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #23  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I look bootylicious in yoga pants. My fiance likes running with me because of this (maybe that is why he stays behind me?).

Unfortunately I just CAN'T wear them out and about, LOL. They are so comfortable though.

Last edited by sontaikle; 04-07-2012 at 11:44 AM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote