Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #61  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirax3 View Post
I don't know much about how cortisol reacts within the body, but that may have been why.
If you want to scare the crap out of yourself go read "Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers"
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #62  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy23 View Post

I've really upped my exercise, too, so could that have something to do with what the scale says? Went on a two-hour hike yesterday and my legs were aching all night, lol.
oh yeah. BIG TIME. If your muscles ache from exercise you are guaranteed carrying water. Water is needed to fix the muscles. Especially if the activity is new

To take it to an extreme the first time I did a long long run I gained 8 lbs overnight . AsI got more fit and learned proper training and pacing, the gain was much less.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #63  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUNKEY_MUNKEY View Post
i thought i was the only one who thought that my body was going to be stubborn and just say no to weight loss lol
I still think that from time to time. It doesn't make sense but I panic for a moment...and then I remember I've already lost weight and it's crazy talk.

Last edited by LandonsBaby; 04-05-2012 at 11:57 PM.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:11 AM   #64  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
If you want to scare the crap out of yourself go read "Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers"
Actually sounds pretty interesting. Might have to find it for the Kindle! :P
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 234/176.2/168

Height: 5'11

I find that most of the time for me the scale goes up or down a lb or two everyday depending on what I ate, drank, exercised, TOM, etc...I weigh everyday for my own peace of mind but I try to take it with a grain of salt because there are so many things that can make a difference. It's hard though and when I started my journey I would beat myself up over a lb or two difference. I have one day a week that is my "official" weigh day though (when I'm in weight loss mode- I've been maintaining for the past couple months).

You might want to ask a dr. about how PCOS affects your BMR. You can calculate your BMR yourself using a calculator on the web or go to a gym that can help you calculate it. I did both and they were both the same. My goal is to try to lose body fat and maintain my lean muscle mass- that's why I'm supposed to go by my BMR for calorie intake while I'm lifting weights. I say supposed to because I struggle with it and feel like I should eat a lot less. Everyone has different bodies and different goals. Do what works for you.
jenjulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 308/307/198

Height: 5'2"

Well, the scale moved down today by about 1.5 pounds. I was pleased but I'm not going to get super excited about it. Tomorrow could bring about a very different number yet again. I think purchasing a tape-measure is my best bet right now! I only wish I had've measured myself in the beginning...
Amy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 308/307/198

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjulia View Post
I find that most of the time for me the scale goes up or down a lb or two everyday depending on what I ate, drank, exercised, TOM, etc...I weigh everyday for my own peace of mind but I try to take it with a grain of salt because there are so many things that can make a difference. It's hard though and when I started my journey I would beat myself up over a lb or two difference. I have one day a week that is my "official" weigh day though (when I'm in weight loss mode- I've been maintaining for the past couple months).

You might want to ask a dr. about how PCOS affects your BMR. You can calculate your BMR yourself using a calculator on the web or go to a gym that can help you calculate it. I did both and they were both the same. My goal is to try to lose body fat and maintain my lean muscle mass- that's why I'm supposed to go by my BMR for calorie intake while I'm lifting weights. I say supposed to because I struggle with it and feel like I should eat a lot less. Everyone has different bodies and different goals. Do what works for you.
I would ask my doctor but unfortunately she knows nothing about PCOS. And I know what you mean. I'm still at that stage where a pound or two difference threatens to break me!
Amy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #68  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy23 View Post
I would ask my doctor but unfortunately she knows nothing about PCOS. And I know what you mean. I'm still at that stage where a pound or two difference threatens to break me!
Time to get a new Dr!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote