Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-19-2012, 08:08 AM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default Stress is not good for weight loss... bleh.

So I've had a pretty stressful week; my great aunt passed away on Wednesday and then yesterday (Sunday), I broke up with my boyfriend. Put that together with funeral food and lots of stupid temptations and a St. Patrick's Day party and the result comes out with no results on the scale (or my inches).

I'm not a stress eater, but I do find myself putting my weight loss goals to the side whenever I'm having a bad day. The stress doesn't cause me to eat, but it makes me kind of apathetic to where I don't care about too much of anything. I even found myself hunting down a pack of cigarettes -- which is something I know I don't do unless I'm REALLY stressed out. Ugh. How do y'all cope with stress while you're in this thing?

I've also found that my inches haven't changed in weeks, although with the exception of today, I have gone down 3lbs. What could cause the weight to go down but the inches to not do anything?
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I'm sorry to hear of your great aunt's passing.

Stress? I try to minimize my responsibilities. That includes getting frozen meals or take out so I don't have to cook. I also try to get more sleep. I do things I like -- garden, read, etc -- to give my mind a break.

Then I try to be logical about the thing bothering me.

1) Is it a logical worry/stress thing?

2) Is it something in my control or not?

3) How can I change this in future? (Ex: not overschedule myself, not take on more projects when my plate is full, etc.)

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #3  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

I'm so sorry about your loss. It's never easy to lose someone we love.

I just went through an incredibly stressful time as well. I basically quit eating for like three days. My weight never moves when I don't eat, so I was at a standstill.

For me, I had to just stick to eating when I could take it, and only eating bland foods because I didn't want to consume anything with any flavor.

At less stressful times, I tend to eat more. For that, I have to talk myself through it or try to distract myself. It's not easy when all i want is to feel better. I have to remind myself that eating will NOT make me feel good - I'll gain weight and that'll take longer to undo.

Maybe talk to a friend and just vent a little? Support can help.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote