Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-03-2012, 06:20 AM   #1  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Is it true that you lose fat differently each time you lose weight?

I've heard people whose weight has gone up and down say they lose fat differently each time, like from different places first. Have any of you experienced that?
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175.6/Ticker/143

Height: 5'4''

I would say Yes. That sounds about right. I've never lost a big ammount of weight before. But everytime I've lost a few pounds, then gained, I've gained the weight in different parts of my body.
Eurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #3  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

For me it's true BUT I gained most of my weight through pregnancy so I was also dealing with a postpartum body while breastfeeding so my body had gone through some major changes in between gaining/losing weight. Also, I did weight training this time around, which has also changed my body quite a bit.

In the past when I've lost weight I had a smaller midsection and breasts but larger arms/legs and I was larger in general (probably had a higher body fat percentage at the same weight). This time around my breasts and stomach seem to be the very last things to go but I'm sure that probably has a lot more to do with having a postpartum body than anything else...
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I haven't noticed any difference. I always lose the least in my rear end and the most in my upper body...especially my poor, poor breasts! I wish for once it was different!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #5  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I have heard that as well - generally the more times you regain the more fat ends up around your waist and packing your organs (bad juju!). I've never regained more than ten pounds, and that was one time over a six month slide of maintenance, so I haven't personally experienced that.

Finding a way of losing weight and maintaining that you can live with is crucially important for your health, all looks aside. You definitely want to keep regains to a minimum and not just because bigger pants suck.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #6  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I am. When I lost weight the first time, it came off my stomach and thighs first. However, this time it seems to be coming from different places first such a as my back, butt and under-bust.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #7  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
I have heard that as well - generally the more times you regain the more fat ends up around your waist and packing your organs (bad juju!). I've never regained more than ten pounds, and that was one time over a six month slide of maintenance, so I haven't personally experienced that.

Finding a way of losing weight and maintaining that you can live with is crucially important for your health, all looks aside. You definitely want to keep regains to a minimum and not just because bigger pants suck.

This is an extremely crucial point. I went from 130 to 145, dropped back down to 130. Then, I rose to 165 but have now gone back down to 141. With this being said, last week I was diagnosed with Nash, aka fatty liver disease. Even though I am not extremely overweight and have a relatively flat stomach, apparently the fat has decided to just chill on my organs. I would much rather have a bigger stomach than have to eat like I am diabetic for fear of my liver becoming so scared I need a liver transplant at only 21 years old! A lot of people do not realize how fat builds up around their organs!
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:38 PM   #8  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Unfortunately I have found this to be true. At this weight last time I fit comfortably into size 16s... Still feel better in 18s. Oh I long for the day I can say the 18s are way too big.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I've lost weight thousands of times, and I wouldn't say that it was different every time, but it certainly wasn't the same every time either.

I have noticed some trends, for example I tend to lose more quickly in the bust, and least quickly in the hips. And when I regained, I tended to gain in reverse order (gaining most in my hips first, and less quickly in my bust).

The differences are a little more subtle (more obvious naked than dressed). The "bulges" from weight gain appear in different areas, and in different shapes. When I was younger, and gained weight, the fat tended to be distributed more proportionally. My body, even though fat, was smoother.

As I've gotten older, gaining weight tends to be lumpier. For example, just this morning I was celebrating the loss of my "extra breasts."

At my highest weight this time, I looked like I had three sets of stacked breasts. The top row of two being my real breasts, and two nipple-less sets underneath.

I called it "my six pack," and I was really excited when I lost the "middle" set. This morning I noticed that the bottom set is nearly gone.

I excitedly told my hubby that soon I would only have two boobs (for a moment he looked confused, then he remembered the many times I referred to my "six pack" and he smiled and said, "that's fantastic.")

I have similar weird bulges in my arms and upper thighs, and it's been exciting to see my body take on a less freakish shape.

Last edited by kaplods; 03-03-2012 at 03:24 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #10  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

I'm having a hard time losing belly weight.....but I'm not going to go grain free. Just think it is weird "this time" that my belly is so, ummmm, round.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote