Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #16  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

My boyfriend tells me I look thin and graceful like a ballerina sometimes. He's probably making it up since in the heat of the moment he says classy things like "unnngggfff I love this big fat ***," but I like the ballerina comments.

When I was actively shrinking and running a lot, some people would just say "you look great, you're working hard and it shows," and that was nice.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #17  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
He's probably making it up since in the heat of the moment he says classy things like "unnngggfff I love this big fat ***," but I like the ballerina comments.
Oh my god, I'm not even gonna lie, that made me laugh like a hyena. Men...gotta love 'em!
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoofie View Post
I'm probably the only person around here who *hates* being called "skinny". *L* I can't stand it! I'm not really sure why, but it really bothers me.

Anyway! The compliments I enjoy most are when people simply say, "You look really good" or "Wow, you look awesome! Keep it up" or "Holy crap, I don't know what you're doing, but it's working!" Just, you know...compliments without any modifiers.
I don't like "skinny" either.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #19  
Staying the Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoofie View Post
Oh my god, I'm not even gonna lie, that made me laugh like a hyena. Men...gotta love 'em!
Ahahaha. Seriously! He used to be really overweight and is every bit as weight-conscious as I am. In high school football they made him do the "truffle shuffle" and it scarred him for life...poor guy!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #20  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Krampus, that cracked me up also, those are some classics I must say!!!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 206/147/140

Height: 5'3"

I liked what my brother said to me recently- "It's great to see you looking so good, and feeling so good." I had a terrible time with depression for a few years (which helped drive my weight gain). So for me this compliment felt very sincere because I DO feel so much better, and that has ended up being far more important to me than the number of lbs lost. So it felt like a compliment on the right things, you know?

I'm not a fan of "skinny" either but it's just because- I am nowhere near skinny. SkinniER maybe but uh, no danger of me being skinny probably in my lifetime. When ppl tell me that, I sort of discard their opinion because I'm 20 lbs out being in the top range of a healthy BMI, and could probably lose another 30 after THAT before I'd be considered "skinny" by any measure.

I'm finding that I get a lot of compliments not directly on my weight but like, "your hair looks good" or something about my clothes, because I do feel like I carry myself better with less weight, and people are noticing my overall confidence/being put together-ness more than that my belly doesn't arrive in the room 10 minutes before the rest of me anymore.
makingthechanges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #22  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

Sometimes I just like how SHOCKED people look when they see me, like they didn't notice a change before but suddenly it's just hit them. They don't even need to say anything, but pretty much all comments from friends are welcome!
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #23  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Having my mom say I look incredible, even though I am higher still than her high weight loss start weight. I know she meant it and that there must be a massive difference. Yay for compliments, I love them!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:22 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 132/116.6/114

Height: 5'2"

I get called 'fatty' now by one co-worker, jokingly/endearingly - it's kinda cute. She didn't know me before when I weighed significantly more than I do now but she has witnessed me shrink in the last couple of months and we talk about it sometimes.
Precious Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

My husband and I were out for a walk last fall and we ran into the woman who owns our local coffee shop. After oohing and aahing over my weight loss, she turned to my husband and said, "You have a gorgeous wife." I don't think any other compliment I receive will top that!

Freelance
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #26  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I love the "you're an inspiration comment". That being said, I'm pretty careful who I comment on weight loss. I always make sure to know that they are actively trying to lose weight (and are doing it in a healthy manner). I definitely know people who are prone to losing weight when stressed so I would only comment someone if I know they are changing their actively working towards improving their eating and workout habits.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

I work in a retirement community. The residents are usually blunt and to the point and don't always say kind things. Several of them have come up to me and commented on my loss and how proud of me they are. A few of them call me slim when they see me. I was not expecting them to notice or comment but have been pleasently surprised with all the support and care they have shown.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 291/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 4"

A lady at work just told me that i'm becoming the incredible shrinking woman. I really like that one.
Shellbellster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #29  
Staying the Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahokkuri View Post
Sometimes I just like how SHOCKED people look when they see me, like they didn't notice a change before but suddenly it's just hit them. They don't even need to say anything, but pretty much all comments from friends are welcome!
You look good dude.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 93/78/65 kg

Height: 172 cm

I'm getting a few compliments .... which I am getting use too and welcome ...

I have one co-worker that makes comments on everyone's weight which makes me feel so uncomfortable ..... he knows apparently the perfect weight that one must be .... (I just don't like the thought of him discussing my weight behind my back) .....
HMM3 is offline   Reply With Quote