Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-27-2012, 12:14 AM   #1  
Chubby Chibi

Height: 5'5

Unhappy How can I lose weight by April?

Hello everyone!

I've been struggling with my weight recently. I've been pigging out a bit, which discourages me greatly. I used to be so good! I used to work out for an hour everyday, and eat almost nothing. (Ive had some problems with starving myself) But now I've been starving myself for the whole day and then going home and pigging out on Chinese food, pizza, ice cream, cookies, cinammon chips, etc. It discourages me so much to the point where I start to think I'm a pathetic failure, and that I should just die. (I've got really bad depression) I no longer work out due to work, lack of motivation, and since I'm a bit addicted to video games, I 100% have to make sure I get time to play each day. I'm so stressed out, and I need to lose weight before an upcoming event that I would like to look good for. I know I wont get to my weight loss goal by then, but just losing some weight is good enough for me! I'm so upset with my weight that its getting to the point where I just wanna kill myself because I know I'll never be able to be skinny because like I said, I'm a pathetic failure.

Any motivation, support, or advice is greatly appreciated.
chibir3dpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:26 AM   #2  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Honestly, I think weight loss shouldn't be your biggest concern. I think you need to see someone to help you work through your personal feelings towards yourself. There is no reason to ever hate yourself.

If you want to lose weight, you need to STOP STARVING YOURSELF ALL DAY. Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner!! Lots of studies have been conducted to prove that breakfast is very very important and helps you eat better throughout your whole day. I count calories and eat several times a day.

You say you like video games... why not get Zumba. They have it for the Wii, Xbox and PS3. Its a video game, you have to beat levels... but you are still working out!
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

I agree with Candeka, you need to address your emotional issues and fast. Starving yourself is not the way to go because that's what helps cause those late night binges. If you live on your own and are in charge of what gets brought into the house, try removing those things from your shopping list. Can't eat them if you don't have them, right? =)

Keep your head up, losing weight is hard. If it were easy no one would be overweight, the word probably wouldn't even exist.
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #4  
Chubby Chibi

I guess I'm kinda upset because I was doing so well. I lost 33 pounds, and then I lost my motivation. I haven't gained the pounds back, but if I keep this up, I'm going to.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:07 AM   #5  
On the slow track.

S/C/G: 210/ticker/160

Height: 5'9

Can you tell us about your plan? Are you counting calories? Doing a low-carb diet? Something else?
DietVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibir3dpanda View Post
I guess I'm kinda upset because I was doing so well. I lost 33 pounds, and then I lost my motivation. I haven't gained the pounds back, but if I keep this up, I'm going to.
This happens sometimes though. I dropped 30 pounds four years ago and then put on 50. :x I've just now reached the weight I started at the first time which sucks but it's doable and you learn from your mistakes. It's okay, you haven't gained the weight back and you've lost so much! Just keep going! I screwed up like two weeks ago but you just get back on track and keep on fighting!

Instead of focusing on starving yourself or binging, instead of craving that food, you need to learn to make permanent changes that are realistic, ones you can handle longterm. Maybe put less stress on weight loss and try focusing on your overall health, think of it as a project. If you focus on being healthy, the weight will come off along with it.
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:15 AM   #7  
Chubby Chibi

Okay.... thanks for the support, Nadya
Old 02-27-2012, 04:50 AM   #8  
Flab be gone

S/C/G: goal weight 60kgs

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hey all. Its been raining on and off all day today...so didn't get out for our walk this evening. Am so glad i made it to the gym this morning ...

Chibir......There are lots of lovely people on here for advice etc. Have you been to the docs and got in touch with a nutritionist? they can give you a plan that you can stick to every day, get healthy and lose weight as well.
Not eating all day. not good. I know ...i've been there done that. Now am on a paleo type diet where theres lots of nutrient rich foods and a lot less of the fatty stuff i used to crave so much.
fiona46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Your plan is not working, try something else. Starving yourself is not the answer. I also think you may need a counselor, hating yourself and wanting to kill yourself is a dangerous attitude. Get some help.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote