Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

I know what you mean. Up until five weeks ago I was the same. After pregnancy I actually gained 2kgs instead of losing. For a long time I lacked the motivation to lose weight. I knew I was fat, I just didn't care. Losing weight was too hard. Now and then I'd give up the soft drinks, and just drink water, or try eating what I thought was healthy, and didn't lose a thing. So then I'd go back to eating anything and everything, refusing to see how fat I was - and not caring really. I told myself I'd lose the weight with appetite suppressants after finishing breastfeeding.

Then one day I went to buy new clothes. Seeing how fat I was, from all angles in a dressing room was a wake up call. I realised by not losing weight I was giving up on me. So I set a date, cleared out the cupboards of the junk food, or ate it. Bought in healthy food and snacks, and started a food diary. The food diary is the most important thing in my weight loss. I stick to my WW points, fall off the wagon now and then but get right back on it the next day. I'm lucky that I'm still breastfeeding, as that seems to be helping shed the weight.

Find a weight loss plan that works for you, and set small goals at first, eg, stick to your plan for two weeks, then see how you go. Two weeks is achievable. Then when you meet that goal, make another one. 500g to 1kg a week is a healthy weightloss to expect. Good luck.
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:10 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybug View Post
I know what you mean. Up until five weeks ago I was the same. After pregnancy I actually gained 2kgs instead of losing. For a long time I lacked the motivation to lose weight. I knew I was fat, I just didn't care. Losing weight was too hard. Now and then I'd give up the soft drinks, and just drink water, or try eating what I thought was healthy, and didn't lose a thing. So then I'd go back to eating anything and everything, refusing to see how fat I was - and not caring really. I told myself I'd lose the weight with appetite suppressants after finishing breastfeeding.

Then one day I went to buy new clothes. Seeing how fat I was, from all angles in a dressing room was a wake up call. I realised by not losing weight I was giving up on me. So I set a date, cleared out the cupboards of the junk food, or ate it. Bought in healthy food and snacks, and started a food diary. The food diary is the most important thing in my weight loss. I stick to my WW points, fall off the wagon now and then but get right back on it the next day. I'm lucky that I'm still breastfeeding, as that seems to be helping shed the weight.

Find a weight loss plan that works for you, and set small goals at first, eg, stick to your plan for two weeks, then see how you go. Two weeks is achievable. Then when you meet that goal, make another one. 500g to 1kg a week is a healthy weightloss to expect. Good luck.
Thanks. I have noticed that when I get in a regular workout routine I start watching what I eat more and all it takes is a couple missed worked workouts for me to abandon everything. I could kick myself for gaining back that first 20 pounds I lost. That was pretty much halfway to my goal weight. I am hesitant to go back to appetite suppressants because I have switched to a more organic lifestyle. Right now I think I am going to set a goal of working out 5 times a week for the next two weeks and monitoring my food intake everyday for the next month. I can tell that I am making healthier choices while monitoring food intake and I have always heard that if you do something for 30 days straight you can do it everyday after that first 30 without even thinking about it.

I don't really want to make any goals right now for my weight because I don't trust scales. Maybe my next goal after I finish these will be to go down a pants size.

Last edited by JessicaWalton; 02-21-2012 at 12:12 AM.
JessicaWalton is offline   Reply With Quote