Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-20-2012, 11:11 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 184/173.9/145

Height: 5'2"

If you get measured at JC Penny (which is free) to get the correct-sized bra, you get a discount on whatever bra you buy. I had to get a strapless bra for my sister's wedding, turned out I've been wearing the incorrect size for a long time.
ELBS717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 175.6/Ticker/143

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELBS717 View Post
If you get measured at JC Penny (which is free) to get the correct-sized bra, you get a discount on whatever bra you buy. I had to get a strapless bra for my sister's wedding, turned out I've been wearing the incorrect size for a long time.
If only I lived in the States, then I totally would've done that.
I have tried to measure myself tho. Because you can find out online what size you should be wearing. But it says Im suppose to be wearing a cup A when I do that. And I have to wear a C when I try on bras. So thats kinda confusing..
Eurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #18  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELBS717 View Post
Except they really don't know how to measure there. It really depends on who you get. If they measure above your breasts to get your band size (which they did for me) then you know they're doing it wrong and you shouldn't go with what they're measuring.

Also they have a limited range at JCPenney. Don't be surprised if they tell you you're a size just to get you to buy a bra in that small range.

When I was a 32DD I remember asking for that size and the women who worked there said "I don't think they make that size. You probably need to be measured." I left.

At this point I need to buy my bras in speciality shops or online. Victoria's Secret doesn't even have my size, but I wouldn't be surprised that if I went there to get measured that they would try to squish me into a size just to sell me a bra.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
Victoria's Secret doesn't even have my size, but I wouldn't be surprised that if I went there to get measured that they would try to squish me into a size just to sell me a bra.
Oh they will. They put me in a 34DD when I was wearing 34G and told me it was my size. And that they have bras for every size. YEAH RIGHT.

Nordstrom's will do a decent fitting and has a much better range of sizes than they did a few years ago. That said, you can't beat the right type of specialty shop (one that isn't all about lingerie, they should carry an equal amount of "everyday" white/nude/black/chocolate along with the fancy stuff.)
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 289/274/147

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
If only I lived in the States, then I totally would've done that.
I have tried to measure myself tho. Because you can find out online what size you should be wearing. But it says Im suppose to be wearing a cup A when I do that. And I have to wear a C when I try on bras. So thats kinda confusing..
Have you tried a wider band in the back? I know it can look more utilitarian, but it might help.
98DaysOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:55 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 175.6/Ticker/143

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98DaysOfSummer View Post
Have you tried a wider band in the back? I know it can look more utilitarian, but it might help.
The band on the ones I wear now is too big, and I still feel like its sticking out. So for right now, I think the biggest problem is the fat, and the shape of it. Im thinking that maybe because I've been wearing the same bra for so long, that my body might have gotten to used to it, and therefor its the same with or without a bra on. If that makes sense?

(Gotta excuse my english. Im not very good at explaining things )
Eurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:13 AM   #22  
Flab be gone

S/C/G: goal weight 60kgs

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

just bought a new bra today, have gone from a 14 to a 12....tried on the 10 but twas still a little tight....maybe when i lose another 10 kilos i'll treat myself to one. back fat has been my problem since having kids...nothing shifts it but i find if the weather is cool enough i wear a 'hold all'. a spandex type singlet i found in a lingerie shop. It irons out the flabby bits around the middle as well !! Makes wearing a dress or fitted top a nicer experience
fiona46 is offline   Reply With Quote