Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

Exclamation I keep messing up, help!

I was doing so well and then I screwed up on Friday. I bought subs at Subway, found a Subway calorie calculator, and promptly hit the wrong stupid button...one mistake cost me several hundred calories a day for 3 days. I was determined to get back on track today but it feels like I was running along smoothly and then tripped...and I'm still skidding to a stop on my face days later.

I've eaten approximately 1600 to 1700 calories today so now I'm desperately trying to burn some off. I'm busting my butt doing Taebo which is an hour per session. I'm almost done but I needed to take a break. Next, I'm going to walk for at least an hour because I need to finish reading 3 short stories for class tomorrow and I always read better when I walk. Weird, I know, but it's a trick that works and kills two birds with one stone.

The problem is...I need to stop this. I need to stop eating unhealthy because, quite frankly, I don't have this kind of time to kill every day. I'm so busy and so stressed - which I imagine doesn't help the situation - that I can't afford to spend an hour+ making up for overeating like this. I don't feel any better, I just keep making stupid, terrible choices.

Any motivation would help, any advice at all, I need to get back on track fast before this gets out of hand! I wouldn't be so worried if I had been exercising this entire time but I haven't. The closer the end of the quarter comes, the worse I get. So much homework! *tear*
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:05 PM   #2  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Its midterm week for me. Add that to a two different 3 page assignments assigned today, due tomorrow (what kind of teacher does that during MIDTERM WEEK) and I ended up eating a whole row of cookies. But we just need to keep on moving! Its a new minute, a new hour and a new chance to do what is right. You've already tried to make up for the mishap today so that is good!

Plan what you are going to eat tomorrow and stick with it. If that doesn't work, tape a "before" picture of yourself to the fridge door! Maybe that will stop you from eating too much. I have before pictures plastered on my bathroom wall (private bathroom).. that helps me since I have to see them a couple times a day and it makes me want to eat better.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candeka View Post
Its midterm week for me. Add that to a two different 3 page assignments assigned today, due tomorrow (what kind of teacher does that during MIDTERM WEEK) and I ended up eating a whole row of cookies. But we just need to keep on moving! Its a new minute, a new hour and a new chance to do what is right. You've already tried to make up for the mishap today so that is good!
Wow, vindictive. @.@

I have to read three more short stories for tomorrow (I've already read 5), hand write 4 more chapters' worth of notes for Wednesday, finish 4 more drawings by Tuesday of next week, do research on self-publishing and prepare a presentation on my findings, and help write up a 15 to 25 page business plan due in 9 days. That's not including work that has yet to be assigned but I think we're down to basically the end save for one final in two weeks. I have it all written down and I'm trying to keep it all straight while remembering, "One assignment at a time..." but it's so stressful, especially since I need to finish this stuff to graduate in May or I'm up crap creek without a paddle. @.@

Quote:
Plan what you are going to eat tomorrow and stick with it. If that doesn't work, tape a "before" picture of yourself to the fridge door! Maybe that will stop you from eating too much. I have before pictures plastered on my bathroom wall (private bathroom).. that helps me since I have to see them a couple times a day and it makes me want to eat better.
Good idea, I should write it all down since playing by ear isn't working right now.
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #4  
On the slow track.

S/C/G: 210/ticker/160

Height: 5'9

Just a thought:

It might be helpful for you to make a distinction between losing calories and maintenance calories. In an ideal world, you might have a calorie deficit every single day, but in this world, sometimes you just have to give yourself props for eating at (or even slightly under) maintenance calories--especially during times of stress. Eating at or near maintenance calories will slow down the pace of your losing, but it is nothing at all like failing or falling off the wagon or being 'bad.' Also, it's good training for the rest of your life.

ETA: I'm a college professor, and I am here to tell you that I assign all work with the sole goal of making my students suffer!! <muuuaaaah> Obviously I am kidding: alas, there are certain times of the semester when things are just more hectic than at other times. It can't be helped.

Last edited by DietVet; 02-13-2012 at 10:49 PM.
DietVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/114

Height: 5'3"

I think for one thing, you have to just be okay with messing up every once in awhile. There will be slip-ups now and then, but just have the mind set with "okay I messed up, but today is different" kind of thing. And I agree with planning out what you're going to eat before hand. When you have a plan, it makes it harder to get off track and choose something else.

Also, maybe you can stock your fridge / kitchen with healthy foods, or grab-and-go things such as yogurt. Maybe prepare fruits & veggies the weekend before the week so you can just eat it?

And like what someone else said, learn to be okay with maintenance calories. It's definitely better than a gain!
delyn is offline   Reply With Quote