Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 03:25 PM   #61  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hello my chickies! We have warm weather here + tradewinds for a nice cool breeze. It doesn't get much better than this. Lows of 69-70 and highs of 79-82 . We're supposed to get some rain this weekend but we were also supposed to get thunderstorms the last 2 days--didn't happen. Oh well. Our backyard is getting an overhaul. So many odds and ends in the tool shed--everything's going and the garden with it. Actually, the garden was not intentionally planted, but we had long squashes,egg plants and tomatos growing out of the spot where we used to have a composting bin. Everything's getting dug up. Hopefully once the yard is cleared we can plant grass again. Right now it's pretty much hard compacted clay without any topsoil.

Sorry for the bad vibes yesterday Angie. I think I'm PMS'ing too, just waiting for the "m" again. Today is another day that we can do good. Someone very wise once told me that! Sorry to hear about your lip. My sisters dog gave me a bruised knee not too long ago with his hard head. Not fun.

Kempy, you and that po'boy . You know I just realized that living here we don't really have a big seasonal change--like the snow melting and the flowers, trees and grass growing or the leaves turning in the fall. I've seen it before while on the mainland and it IS very beautiful.

Washu, I vote for going down south for the po'boy. Nothing like having the real deal in the place where it's made . How'd the cat washing go? Are you walking around today with bandages on your arms? I think I've only given my cats a bath once in their lifetimes, and that was for medical reasons--but they live outside anyway.

I vote that once everyone gets to goal we all meet up and go traveling to each others' home state and eat the local foods one can only find there. Yum! Look at me, thinking about food--it's never ending I tell ya.

Did we lose ShanB? I wonder if she's still crunching...

Peekaboo, Gar, Chris and anyone else I may have missed, hope you're all having a great day.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:37 PM   #62  

Hi chickies,
Sorry late posting today, but I was so busy at work, and the boss was there all day. Well today is official WI day and the scale queen granted me a loss of 1 lb. I will take it!!! I was upset at first, cause I've worked so darn hard!!! I know it has to be because of my period? I retain so much stupid water!!! The blood pressure pills make me retain it too, but I'm on a water pill too, but forgot to take it today.....rrrrrrrrrr...I'm really usually good about that!!! Anyway, next week will show a better loss I'm sure of it!! Anyway if I look at it as loosing a lb package of butter thats a visual.......eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww, you ever stared at a lb of butter? Hurray for me loosing my butter, maybe it came off my butt??? .

I know I am doing all I can do so I will just keep plugging along and the losses will add up!!!

Hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 03-06-2003, 03:43 PM   #63  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Sandy, I love your way of thinking. A pound of butter is quite alot. Good for you!!

Noelle, I did great until work. I made Peanut butter brownies and I have been nibbling on that and that damn peanut butter dip. Can anyone tell that I love peanut butter? I will cut my supper in half so it will maybe even out. Plus the kids concert is tonight so maybe I won't want to snack when I get home. I'll be fine as soon as I start my period but it sure sucks waithing for it.

I like the traveling to everyones home state to eat!! Maine would have to be what? Lobster and blueberries.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:18 PM   #64  

Angie, Maine would have to be Lobster, blueberries and all your wonderfull goodies!!!!
Old 03-06-2003, 04:35 PM   #65  

Sandy I never thought about it that way. Does anyone know how many pounds are in a 5 gallon bucket?

I like the state vacation too. It is a shame that we can't figure a way to make it tax deductable. There would be so many things that you would have to eat here. Po'Boys, bignets, pralines,gumbo,jambalaya and any kind of seafood you can think of. If you guys do eat here you have to taste alligator. It is really good.

I have been really busy today. I guess that is a good thing.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:44 PM   #66  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

We had a guy open a pizza shop up in town a long time ago and he was from Florida so he named it Gators. He had alligator meat there but I never tried it. Is it good? What does it resemble for a flavor?
Old 03-06-2003, 04:56 PM   #67  

Don't laugh but it tastes like chicken. I swear. If you get it farm raised it does but if it is straight from the wild it is kind of gamey. But I think that is true off all meat from the wild. I really like it. We have a local seafood place that has farm raised stuff and the serve it fried as an appitizer.
Old 03-06-2003, 05:47 PM   #68  
so close, yet so far...

Mmmmmmm I've tried every single one of those things you mentioned while I was in New Orleans, Kempy. The only thing I didn't want to try and still won't is the soft shell crabs. Rick says they're the best thing (we can get them in a sushi roll here, called "spider rolls") but I just can't get over the idea of it. Molting crabs, yech. I think I would try the gator meat though--I would eat gator before I would eat frog legs .

I guess you guys would have to have all the traditional luau foods here. The kalua pig, laulau, lomi lomi salmon and poi. Personally I only really like the kalua pig and could do without the rest of the luau stuff. But even if you don't enjoy the food you can ogle all the half naked men doing the hula . All the other foods here were influenced by other countries--Korea, Japan, China, Portugal, Philippines, etc. I have so many favorites I wouldn't know what to recommend--except maybe for desserts, like those on that link I posted yesterday. OK drooling on my keyboard now. Gotta go.
Old 03-06-2003, 05:48 PM   #69  
Finally Fit!

Evenin' ladies! I feel like a foreigner around here. Sorry i'm slacking lately. Well, not really slacking wiht diet and exercise, but slacking with this site. I've been working late sometimes, and getting our papers together for the adoption process. It's been wonderful talking to family about the future. We're getting a lot of support from everybody, which is awesome!

I'm a good girl with food lately. Eating right, and knowing when to stop, even when i'm 'pms'ing. Had aerobics last night. Always feel better for going, even though sometimes I have to drag myself. Maintaining my weight, which is good. Hoping to get toned up.

Husband has chemo tomorrow morning, it's every 8 weeks now. He's okay, but two times has had an episode, and needed home health meds. Not good. It's gotta be the stress of everything hitting him. We'll cope, somehow. Well, i'm gonna see when i posted in my journal last. bye girls... think about me!
Old 03-06-2003, 07:16 PM   #70  
so close, yet so far...

Angry Hello Chris!

Hi Chris ! I can feel your excitement and faith when you talk about this adoption process. Best wishes to you. We miss you around here but at least you're not thinking about food all the time--it's better to fill your mind with other, more positive thoughts .

I wanted to share a pic that I took this afternoon. It's of my son with his little oriental 'girlfriend' . They both leave preschool at 12 noon. Everyday after school they hold hands while walking out of school then give each other a hug at the end of the sidewalk. One won't leave the school without the other. Sometimes if I'm running late the little girl won't let her grandma or grandpa leave the school until I get there to pick up my boy. I think it's cute--I just had to document it. Ahhh, so innocent. Oh yes, and they part by saying "I'm gonna miss you"

sorry, it came out kind of blurry and pixelated so I'm gonna fart around with the settings then try to post it again.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 03-06-2003 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:24 PM   #71  
so close, yet so far...

Angry Puppy love

Second try
Old 03-06-2003, 07:27 PM   #72  

Oh what cuties!!!!

My little girl is 5 and in kindergarten, she has a boyfiend named Brandon. They both say they are gonna marry each other when they grow up. Boy I hope he can handle my little girl, she is so independant!!!!
Old 03-06-2003, 07:57 PM   #73  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

TOO CUTE!!! Puppy love! Your son is so adorable!

I just got back from the kids concert. No matter where we sit it is always in the wrong spot. We wanted to videotape it but all we could see of Brittany was the top of her head and the twins are so short you couldn't even find them. It was cute though.

Taxes are done. Strange but last year I had to pay in $2700.00 but this year I only have to pay in $42.00. What is up with that? Jay came in and said $4200.00 and I almost cried. I'll gladly take 42.00. BIG WEIGHT lifted off my shoulders now why do I want to celebrate with Weathervane? YIKES!!

Chris, I hope your hubby feels better soon. Has anyone given you any idea on how long of a wait you will have for a baby to come available to you? I hope you don't have too long of a wait.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:26 PM   #74  

Chris I am so glad that you dropped in. I is weird not having you here. It is like almost all of us started off here to gether. The ony person we are missing is Jenn. Maybe she willd drop in too. I can see that the two of you are so ready for this. I am like Angie how long do you have to wait. It seems like there are so many children out there who need homes that it shouldn't take that long.

Noelle, I can just hear them saying, "i'll miss you". They are soooo cute. See, I could handle having a kid that age. I seem to get along with them bettter.Doyou think when we have a baby we can request for it to saty in until it is 5 and not hurt coming out?

Angie are you on here b/c you don't want to watch the pres.? I am avoiding cleaning.

Good news about the taxes. We are getting back about $60. We never get anything back.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:52 PM   #75  
so close, yet so far...

Kempy, that's what epidurals are for! Give me the drugs I want no pain . I kind of miss having a little tiny baby though--he's growing so fast. He's been eating A LOT lately. His teacher at school told me he had 4 helpings of whatever entree they had for lunch. He asked for it, they gave it to him. They must think I'm starving him at home. Yesterday he wanted a sandwich for dinner. I made him a turkey w/mayo and cheese on 2 slices of wheat. He ate that while I went for my walk. By the time I got back an hour later, my dad said he ate 2 more whole sandwiches!!! He must be going through a growth spurt because normally he's a picky eater. Gosh I hope it's a growth spurt because I hate to think he'll be eating like this for the rest of his life--he'll be big as house like me!

Angie--that is so cool on the taxes. I love little everyday blessings like that. cha-ching! I think I'm waiting until the last minute again...I like to procrastinate and get gray hair worrying about it.

What the heck is George Dubya babbling about now? Are we or aren't we???
Closed Thread